Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lesley

Bud / chemo

145 posts in this topic

I wish your wife well, it's been really helpful to me to hear others stories and advice, it will be nice to hear how your wife is doing, I start my first session on fri, I guess we just have to take each day as it comes and deal with that :-)

Dont forget to take stuff to read, listen to music, and rustle up a few sandwiches too....on our ward i would nip out to the chippy sometimes if enough people wanted a bag of chips lol oh yeah comfy clothing as well KEEP THEM FISTS UP!

I intend to take my iPod, just hope I don't start singing along, lol :-)

I start my first session on fri

Hope it all goes well with you today Lesley :yep:

I start my first session on fri, I guess we just have to take each day as it comes and deal with that :-)

Good luck Lesley, hope all goes well for you :)

Apart from my iPod i also take a kindle with me, gives you something to read as your sit their with the tube in back of your hand.

Thanks for all your support guys, the first one is out the way, wasn't as bad as I had imagined, I'm feeling fine at the min, pleased I've got the anti sickness tablets though ! Hope everyone else is doing ok with their treatment

good luck lesley ,fingers crossed from us here

Hi lesley all the best for the future.

Thanks pcman :-)

It's day 11 for me and all's well, my hair hasn't started coming out yet, so the cold cap is working :-) hope everyone else is doing ok !

2 people like this

Day 16 & I'm just noticing some hair coming out, hope it just thins a kittle before fri , then I will have the cold cap back on , so far so good , I'm feeling great, the worst side effect was the ulsers inside my lips , hope everyone else is doing well, keep intouch and let me know, chinn up :skin_up:

hiya Lesley :)

glad your feeling good with it, a positive attitude dealing with it helps heaps imo and you seem sorted for that :guitar: .

my mum just had a little bit of thinning of the hair when she was in last year, hope you have similar luck yeah :stoned:

hiya Lesley :)

glad your feeling good with it, a positive attitude dealing with it helps heaps imo and you seem sorted for that :guitar: .

my mum just had a little bit of thinning of the hair when she was in last year, hope you have similar luck yeah :stoned:

thanks, they did tell me my hair would of come out by my second treatment, which is friday, alot of people seem to start loosing it on day 10, so wearing the cold cap is holding it off a little :guitar:

:hug:

SC

:hug:

SC

Aww sweet :thumsup:

you will get more tired as you get through the sessions Lesley and towards the end you kind of get an idea what its like. Try Bonjela for the ulcers...i got them in my nose and mouth very painfull. Was the chemo ward ok?