Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smokin1

Plagron Light Mix

17 posts in this topic

hey all

just a 1 little qestion please well mabe 2/3 lol

whats your thoughts on this soil '''Plagron Light Mix''' as a friend is offering me his for dirt cheap, said he bought to much , or is he trying to get rid of some cheap soil or its not up to much,

also said he has an extra starter kit HESI '' its called he said i could have cheap

would these two go together ,

here's info on the starter pak Hesi Soil Starter Kit includes:- 500ml TNT Complex, 1 litre Soil Bloom Complex, 1 Litre Phosphorus Plus, 500ml Roots Complex, 10ml SuperVit & 500ml Powerzyme.

hers info on the soil

Plagron Light Mix is a lightly fertilised organic soil mixed with perlite and is ideal for use as a potting soil with young plants.

We also recommend using a light mix for all soil grows as the ability to add nutrients as required gives you more control over your growing environment.

Plagron is a mixture of various types of peat combined with other fibres to increase oxygen levels. There is also perlite – expanded volcanic glass – to aid water retention and prevent the soil compacting as much.

The nutrient content of the light mix has been kept to a minimum and to get the most from your plants you will need to use a soil nutrient such as Hesi or Plant Magic.

Highly recommended.

any helpful replys be great

Plagron Light Mix is good soil, Hesi nutes are good too. They will work together just fine.

The soil isn't actually organic, but it is made from a lot of organic material. It isn't too hot either, it only has an EC of 1.0 to 1.2 so won't burn young plants. You'll need to feed the plants in veg though, cos there is hardly any feed in the soil.

A lot of that Hesi stuff isn't needed, but if it's cheap enough you might as well use it. Just don't replace everything that runs out though. 

Or, you could forget the Hesi and buy a bottle of BioBizz Fish Mix for vegging, and a bottle of Plant Magic Oldtimer Organic Bloom for flowering.

Those two bottles will do your crop from start to finish. No additives are needed.

1 person likes this

I like Plagron Light-Mix :yep:

Not too pricey & gives me a smooth grow every time.

2 people like this

Ive used plagron light mix a few times and its always been fine i just start feeding a week after they've gone in it. Not too sure about the hesi nutes as ive never used but i have a close friend who swears by hesi and he gets good results.

all the best budder :smokin:

1 person likes this

I use Plagron Light Mix for my cuttings. I change to Plagron Royality Mix when potting them up in litre pots.

I like their products, Dutch & honest. As its a light mix, lol I also use Plagron Grow through veg but only if they need it.

1 person likes this

hey first of all i would like to say sorry for the late reply

seondly i would like to say a BIG thank you for the every helpful replys/info

again thank you,

Plagron Light Mix is good soil, Hesi nutes are good too. They will work together just fine.

The soil isn't actually organic, but it is made from a lot of organic material. It isn't too hot either, it only has an EC of 1.0 to 1.2 so won't burn young plants. You'll need to feed the plants in veg though, cos there is hardly any feed in the soil.

A lot of that Hesi stuff isn't needed, but if it's cheap enough you might as well use it. Just don't replace everything that runs out though. 

Or, you could forget the Hesi and buy a bottle of BioBizz Fish Mix for vegging, and a bottle of Plant Magic Oldtimer Organic Bloom for flowering.

Those two bottles will do your crop from start to finish. No additives are needed.

hey bud thanks for the great reply very helpful/kind of you thank you.

well like i said in my first post it was going cheap, yup i bought it as im a sucker for a good deal

glad to hear its good stuff,

so with it being ery weak soil, when i pot up would it be best to change soil to a stronger plagon mix , or just contine to use the sae soil i started off with

thanks again

I like Plagron Light-Mix :yep:

Not too pricey & gives me a smooth grow every time.

yeah you got that right about not being pricey lol as i got it cheap as chips,

and also glad to hear its a good soil ,

thanks for the reply bud,

Ive used plagron light mix a few times and its always been fine i just start feeding a week after they've gone in it. Not too sure about the hesi nutes as ive never used but i have a close friend who swears by hesi and he gets good results.

all the best budder :smokin:

ah another good reply , my smile just keeps getting bigger and bigger bud thanks , glad i bought this soil now ,, only need to buy every else lol

I use Plagron Light Mix for my cuttings. I change to Plagron Royality Mix when potting them up in litre pots.

I like their products, Dutch & honest. As its a light mix, lol I also use Plagron Grow through veg but only if they need it.

hey bud

so i will have to do this also , when repoting up fro 1ltr/5ltr/15 or 20ltr finishing pots

its a lot to learn but ill get there ,

thanks for the reply bud

20 ltr pots are very big for finishing in unless your growing trees that is , i use 10 ltr pots to finish , i also use plagron lite for the whole grow and when the plants are small i find i can leave them 2 weeks without a feed after potting on , as they get bigger they tend to suck the food out of the soil so i start back on feeding after a week from pot on :wink:

1 person likes this

20 ltr pots are very big for finishing in unless your growing trees that is , i use 10 ltr pots to finish , i also use plagron lite for the whole grow and when the plants are small i find i can leave them 2 weeks without a feed after potting on , as they get bigger they tend to suck the food out of the soil so i start back on feeding after a week from pot on :wink:

hey bud thanks for the reply ,

so you would 20ltr pots be to big then , ill only be gro 4/5 plants most probs 5 in a 1.2/1.2/2.0 tent will be indica do plants ,

i might just do 1 of each finishing pots ''10'' 11'' ''15'' ''20'' so yeah ill only do 4 plants

thanks for the great reply info bud , its looking like it will be after as before i grow any thing ,

I find finishing in pots bigger than 6 or 7 litres a waste of time given the extra veg time they need to root them out.. The plants do grow bigger but never as healthy as when I keep the plants medium sized..

2 people like this

I find finishing in pots bigger than 6 or 7 litres a waste of time given the extra veg time they need to root them out.. The plants do grow bigger but never as healthy as when I keep the plants medium sized..

hey madgiz bud thanks for the reply

i hear what you are saying , with e only growing 4/5 plants as space is limited , i trying to get ost i an out of my plants , so the soke will last e and the mrs till the next grow, whih is easy 3/4 month fro seed

what would you say is the best way to pot up and veg for matey

i was going to count/class my veg from first two fan leaf's, then another 6 weeks veg , so around 8/9 weeks veg then flip 12/12 so another 1/2 weeks in veg before they flower , so all about 12 weeks from seed then flower till the trich's are milky/amber for more of a choach lock ,

but im still learning all this stuff ,

again thanks for the reply bud, and sorry for the ramble

I have used playgron "royalty" for last two grows and cant fault it....

:skin_up::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:

1 person likes this

I have used playgron "royalty" for last two grows and cant fault it....

:skin_up::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:

hey lazydays thanks for the reply bud .

ill look that soil up once i have used all these 3x50ltr bags of plaron light mix, im a newb so think this stuff will suit me for the first few grows as wont/hope not to do much damage using this

but be greatful for what your thoughts on the ''royalty plagron ''' fro seed or when its best to use it ,

thanks again for the reply

I didn't like it very much, although i have only tried it once. It was about 60% perlite the bag i had, maybe a bad bag??

:unsure: