Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nyleridedog

New GRAND THEFT AUTO VIDEO GAME

313 posts in this topic

xbox one mate, only took a few mins to download , 4.2 gb

Still waiting on PC version :headpain:

1 person likes this

Not long to go now as GTA V is released for the PC on Tuesday :yahoo: I'm all pre ordered and pre loaded here on steam. Going to play this in the new first person mode this time, while the GTA Online Heists look a blast. Hopefully there will be independence FM to play your own choice of music in the vehicles.

Edited by Casey Jones
2 people like this

What rig you running @@Casey Jones?

@@~Sanctuary~

The CPU, MOBO, GFX & RAM are about 3.5 years old now, but still good enough for this game I think. If the GFX card needs replacing then I will next week, although the 600w PSU really needs upgrading to a 1KW, but am planning on building a new rig at the end of the year. I try to get about four years out of them. What's your rig?

i5-2550K running at 3.3ghz but easily overclocks to 4.2ghz

MSI P67A-GD55 Motherboard

Sony Bravia KDL-55W905A 55" TV/Monitor 1920 x 1080

Gigabyte GTX 560Ti

8GB GSkill PC 12800

OCZ Extreme 600w PSU

Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD

Samsung 1TB SATA Drive

Corsair Vengeance Wireless Headset

Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse

Logitech K800 Wireless Keyboard

2 x Wireless Microsoft XBOX 360 Controllers

Some cooler that I can't remember the name of but cost me £120

Edited by Casey Jones
2 people like this

Msi z97 gaming 9ac motherboard

2 msi gtx 970

Corsair 32gb ddr4 2133mhz

Corsair 512gb ssd

Seagate 2tb x 2

Dont laugh Intel G3258 Pentium K Anniversary over clocks to 4.5ghz

Samsung 1080p 100hz 40inch TV due for replacement probably for a g-sync 4k variety

Wireless keyboard and mouse and xbox controller

Be quiet top flow cooler

Corsair 600w modular psu

It's all housed in a htpc case that fits in with my stack and I've a bit still left to do, most impressed by the silence it exudes, I built it myself and for a first time build don't think I did to bad

E2a more components

Edited by ~Sanctuary~
2 people like this

was reading earlier that the pc version is on 7 discs & you'll need 65gb drive space.

@@~Sanctuary~ Nice setup you've got there dude. How are you able to run 2 x GTX 970's and the other stuff you have with just a 600w PSU?

Edited by Casey Jones

@@Joint hogger It's probably best to get the steam or similar digital download version as if one of those disks gets scratched then it's a problem, unless ofc it comes with a digital key too? I try to avoid disks where possible as they just take up space.

Edited by Casey Jones

Im only using one 970 at the moment @@Casey Jones until I've got time and money for the i7 4790k a twin rail psu and a 4k TV ,they're actually low power consumption cards considering the power they have 148w, ones only needed for 1080p gaming really, as I'm sure you'll know 4k is four times higher resolution and that's what I'll need my second card for,it's been a wait but gta5 in 4k running smoothly is going to be awesome, I wish some of these bigger tv's had the g-sync tech built in.

1 person likes this

Just read this maybe of interest @@Casey Jones

Rockstar Games discusses GTA V's 4K requirements

After numerous delays, Grand Theft Auto V is finally set to release on Windows-based PCs on April 14, 2015, otherwise known as next Tuesday. It's been a long, excruciating wait -- GTA V first shipped to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 consoles on September 17...2013! -- and in hopes of renewing interest in PC gamers who have moved on from being excited about the title, Rockstar Games has added a bunch of goodies, one of which is the ability to run the game at 4K, provided your PC can handle it.

Our sister site PC Gamer reached out to Rockstar Games to find out what players will need to run at 4K, and surprisingly enough, dual GPUs won't necessarily be required. Heck, you don't even need a GTX 980 caliber card.

As Rockstar Toronto's president Kevin Hoare tells it, "to run the game on a 4k display at 30fps, you'll need at minimum an AMD HD 7870 or Nvidia GTX 760 with 2GB of VRAM." Not too shabby. To run on a 4K display at 60fps, that's where Hoare says you'll need a "high-end SLI or Crossfire setup."

According to Hoare, there will be a ton of graphics options to tweak, giving the user fairly robust control over finding a balance between graphical eye candy and high framerates.

"One of the lessons we have learned over the years through Grand Theft Auto IV and Max Payne 3 on PC was that people want the freedom to configure their system to suit their preferences," Hoare said.

Assuming you're still interested, GTA V for PC is still available for pre-order for around $60 at several online locations. Those who do may be eligible to receive $1.2 million of in-game currency ($500,000 for GTA V and $700,000 for GTA Online), plus a bonus $150,000 for GTA Online.

1 person likes this

Im only using one 970 at the moment @@Casey Jones until I've got time and money for the i7 4790k a twin rail psu and a 4k TV ,they're actually low power consumption cards considering the power they have 148w, ones only needed for 1080p gaming really, as I'm sure you'll know 4k is four times higher resolution and that's what I'll need my second card for,it's been a wait but gta5 in 4k running smoothly is going to be awesome, I wish some of these bigger tv's had the g-sync tech built in.

@@~Sanctuary~ Well 4k does sound sound fantastic tbh, but as you say a single card seems to be sufficient for GTA 5. I ran it earlier right at the start of game, and it seemed smooth, although I haven't gone outside or driven yet, and haven't taken the frame rates . In general people seem to be happy how optimised GTA V is for the PC. If my 560ti struggles this week I'll replace both it and the PSU.

1 person likes this

1st game i've played in 6 yrs, damn im enjoying it

3 people like this