Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

namkha

Mango Thai

98 posts in this topic

Hello guys !

Nice to see some Mango Thai fans :hippy:

Hey Insano,

that looks realy good, definity keep us uptodate with new pics! are they under the sun? how do the smell?

Hi squeasel, yes they are directly under the sun although they don't get as much exposure as they should as my balcony is facing east instead of north. Their smell is currently green, unripe mango,not realy intense now but I think it will get stronger as they advance in flowering.

Squeasel, thanks for reminding me, that I had a few questions too! Forgot! Besides what you asked, I wanted to ask Insano how old the plants are at this stage in the photos and how long/far they are into flowering? Thanks!

Hello Ganjasattva, I started the plants by mid-december 2011 and flowering started around mid/end february I think so that would be around 6 or 8 weeks in flowering by now. I'm kind of a lazy,"take it easy"grower so I don't really look at the calendar when I'm growing plus it's kind of useless with these long flowering sativas :B):. I expect/hope them to be ready by the end of june

Lots of strech on these ladies (but I'm sure you already know that :wink:) so beware if you are going to grow them indoor, I had to pinch them several times to keep them under 1 m.

2 people like this

Lovely seeing your Mango's Insano.

Lucky man flowering them outside.

Look forward to seeing them flowering on.

Take care :smokin:

Thank you Insano for the infos! They are looking great so you've got a good method going! Was kind of confused by your balcony east insted of North??? Til it dawned on me that you are in the southern hemisphere,,, duh dummy me...

Anyone have any idea of what the ballpark figure is for the Mango Thai flowering time?

Good Question, ArtEmo! I am pondering the same thing to weight off the effort/organisation required versus the resulting benefit to decide how much priority and grow space to devote to these Sativas. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we are looking at 12-16wks with 11 being a really lucky keeper-pheno. But that is just my guess out of long past Thai and Viet grows that may not have any relevance at all. Maybe Namkha has some info from the source of the seeds that he could share?

I think Namkha said that 14 weeks would be a fairly fast example, seems pretty reasaonable for a pure sat when some of them can go for 20+ weeks.

1 person likes this

Hi !

Thanks for the nice words Hoots and Artificial Emotion.

Thank you Insano for the infos! They are looking great so you've got a good method going! Was kind of confused by your balcony east insted of North??? Til it dawned on me that you are in the southern hemisphere,,, duh dummy me...

Think I got a little confused while typing, my balcony is facing west (slightly better), not east. Also when I said earlier that they had to be between 6 and 8 weeks in flowering I meant between 8 and 10 weeks. This is what happens when you :smokin: while posting, ahahah !

From what I see now I think they should fit well into the 14 / 16 week timeframe. We'll see how they'll be doing by mid-june. I'm ready to let them mature to the maximum in hope they will not be too racy.

2 people like this

Heh Insano, yeah I understand well your concern about raciness... don't need any of that now do we... especially nowadays, older and hopefully a bit wiser, I would rather let mine go to overripe status even at the loss of some of the THC content to avoid any racey palpitation issues. Of course there are some geno-/pheno-types that will not develop much or any CBD no matter how long you let em go, but I would hope that if there is a full Cannabinoid spectrum developed, that will show the strains effects and characteristics at it's maximum "agreeability". If a strain of mine still isn't comfortable or pleasant after being harvested two to four or more weeks into the overripe stage, then I would drop it and give it to some younger thc fanatics from the haze adherents who think paranoia and palpitations are "part of the fun"

But lets assume this is not going to be an issue with the RSC's selection, as where raciness was an issue with past strains, I noticed it was always mentioned in the strain profiles.

The great thing about these strains being racy is you can always just cross them with strains like Namkha's Lebanese and Mazar-I-Sharif to mellow them out. That's the plan anyway :)

Good to know it can be done in about 16 weeks. That's not as bad as I thought, but again, the plan here is to bring down the flowering time by hybridizing it.

Edited by Artificial Emotion
1 person likes this

12-16 weeks? thats sooo short, where is the fun in that hahahah... :)

lucky Insano, geting to use the sun!

1 person likes this

No one flowered this out this year?

Hi guys,

Here are some (bad) pictures of Mango Thai, outdoor in pot in Madagascar,winter is kicking in.

Will try to bring some better pictures next time. Buds are starting to smell like fresh (green) mango

post-47235-0-78903900-1336075615_thumb.jpg

post-47235-0-97218200-1336076026_thumb.jpg

Don't hesitate if you have questions.

:wink:

Hey! Never thought I`d find somebody growing on here in mada. We have land/family in mada. Veloma!

Edited by paulblx

Hi :)

This my Mango Thai on my balcony at 44°N

It is the only seed that popped in a 5 pack.

I'm not really sure but i think it's a female, i will know in 1 or 2 weeks.

I placed it in 13 liter of lightmix.

It's a beauty, i really love this shape. It smell like fruit. The grow is savage, i had to top it and i think i will do that many times.

gallery_44462_6760_19789.jpg

gallery_44462_6760_54085.jpg

gallery_44462_6760_31512.jpg

gallery_44462_6760_7709.jpg

gallery_44462_6760_62855.jpg

Edited by numide
1 person likes this

Going back to the Thais using the word Bong, there is also some mythology around the bong.

It goes something like this, please correct me if I get it wrong.

In Thai Mythology an evil multi headed monster descends to earth and goes on a rampage killing all in his path. Supposedly one man defeats this monster his name being Mahout Gin Fai (the Trainer who eats fire). He gets his name as people thinks he eats fire, Gin Fai, but actually he is smoking a bong and is so stoned he can see all the heads moving and manages to kill the evil monster.

We used to say it when people local Thais caught us smoking bongs and complained, we would ask them "Jam Dai Mahout Gin Fai mai krup?", meaning do you remember Mahout Gin Fai to which most would laugh.

Marijuana kills deadly multi headed monsters not humans.

:)

2 people like this

Hi. Will the Mango Thai be available again by next year? Thanks.