Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
*DJ*

darts?

some good arrows getting chucked about just now, theres not enough of it on tv imo!

deano..

2 people like this

Watching it now. Didn't know Matt Lucas played darts :wassnnme:

1 person likes this

I find darts is a great game for a few folk to get either arse holed drunk or massively stoned to. Darts is fucking brilliant, its a lifestyle choice almost.

E2A I might get a T-Shirt made up with "Choose darts" written in big letters.

Edited by Lake Palmer
2 people like this

Watching it now. Didn't know Matt Lucas played darts :wassnnme:

im sure he had a big old mop of ginger pubeshair last time i saw him play! :unsure:

it does help lake,lol i have trouble dropping a j in the ashtray most nights, id never hit a dart board!

deano.

Edited by NLdean
1 person likes this

Does Sid Waddell still commentate? His quotes are fantastic:

“That was like throwing three pickled onions into a thimble!”

“He looks about as happy as a penguin in a microwave.”

“When Alexander of Macedonia was 33, he cried salt tears because there were no more worlds to conquer..... Bristow's only 27.”

3 people like this

Does Sid Waddell still commentate? His quotes are fantastic:

“That was like throwing three pickled onions into a thimble!”

“He looks about as happy as a penguin in a microwave.”

“When Alexander of Macedonia was 33, he cried salt tears because there were no more worlds to conquer..... Bristow's only 27.”

My favourite all time nonsense was from Mark "Lawro" Lawrenson.

He said "Look at that, Michael Owen was like a one eyed cat in a fish shop today".

Nice one Lawro lol

1 person likes this

phil taylor is play some fella called nicholson now, its a gooden! i think the powers going to get knocked out this time round!

deano..

:skin_up:

Fucking wooohooo!  We got a darts thread!!!

I knew if I went back enough pages there would be one! lol

I've always enjoyed watching darts, I think its a nostalgia thing. Got really good memories of watching darts/bullseye with my late grandparents so maybe that's why, coz I don't really enjoy a great deal of sport otherwise..

Anyway I bought a board late last year and been playing a fair bit. Really enjoying it and starting to take it a bit more seriously now. Even watching all the woman and youth matches on the tube when I'm not playing. Gotta say some of them youngsters can fucking play man, hustle fuck out of you in a pub they would! 

So i just wanted to bump this thread n case anybody else here plays and just too make it easier for me to find in future.

Nice1!!  @*DJ*

4 people like this

Love the darts best thing on tv ...

Got well over 100 sets would have been a lot more if my sons stopped nicking them over the years.

Uk open just starting on itv 4 .. 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, B B Bill said:

Love the darts best thing on tv ...

Got well over 100 sets would have been a lot more if my sons stopped nicking them over the years.

Uk open just starting on itv 4 .. 

100 sets! Go on bill! that's a true collector is that!

I'm more than a little jealous lol

As it goes I have 4 sets, the 2 sets of 18g steel barrels that came with my original board, I borrowed a set of my old man when he said "I got a set of tunnys here I hardly use have them" I was buzzing until they arrived... 35g 90%tungsten straights...bombs that's go boom be fucked lol They are actually quite fun to throw and pretty forgiving (as u expect from a heavier dart) but they killed a winmau rebel in less than 2months though (tbf) with some pretty intense use.

Not long after realising I wasn't gonna get along with dad darts I did the briefest amount of research before choosing a set mostly on the grounds they were half price which brought them into my then price range and because they were one of the few sets of pure straight barrels (which for very little actual reason I had decided was the best shape for me!)

So I ended up with a set of 21g unicorn level 5 T80s...chuffed to bits I was.... Then the realisation I couldn't throw them for shit... First instinct? New darts! Had a bit of a harder read and realised I'd picked darts well above my current skill level. However a lot of players were of the opinion there is no bad darts just bad players, its a fact that the best players can pick up just about any set and start knock out tons within a few throws..

So anyway I chose to persevere and persevere and persevere and I tinkered with the set up and now whilst still a long way off being "good" I can at least hit the area of the board I'm aiming at more often than I miss it. My grouping is improving as are my out shots, I do seem to have hit a bit of a wall with target training the last couple of weeks but I think its just a rythm thing where I went from practicing nearly exclusively 20s, compared to now where I do different routine's every time I throw..

Keeping check sheets is another thing that really throws you when yr used to just waking back n forth back forth

Sorry lost track there!  My point was I currently have half a dozen sets of darts in various websites baskets but I can't seem too bring myself to do it.. It took so long just to get this far withe these i'm torn between buying loads of types or just getting a bulk load of these so I know I got darts for life... lol

Crackers how some shit just suddenly grips u like innit.

I only caught the last hour today unfortunately but I'll catch them up on YouTube and hopefully I can get the house to myself for tomorrows matches..

Nice 1 Dodge

1 person likes this

@Dodgee what a great night for the underdog.... wont say too much more.

35g darts lollollol they must make some thump no wonder yer board died lollol brilliant dodgee. 

Just today darts corner are selling straight designa pro's 95 + 90 and also the bobby george designa version £15 a set. Now what a barging that is ... sorry I can link am fkn useless. 

Just gonna order the pro select 90 22g £15 ... and they are gold (whoopppe) lol

Ive also got myself a set of merv kings 22 g on the way ...

Check out another site called darts clearence, cheap darts at a fraction of the cost and great service usually from order it takes around 24 hour delivery.

For the last few months now fighting the urge to buy myself the daytona fire set ...

They wouldnt really suit my grip I think but by fuk what a lovely dart ...

At £100 a set ... and she knows how much they cost.

But check out the darts corner desinga range really is a good deal .. imo.

1 person likes this