Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Comrade Stoker

Musical Instruments fucking rock

145 posts in this topic

Congratulations Owd :band: Uke's are cool, hope you enjoy your journey with strings. :) 

1 person likes this

On 5/6/2017 at 7:01 PM, Owderb said:

So Ive took the plunge and started to learn the ukulele. I already play drums but have never tried to play guitar and have always like the uke so I'm sat here every day plucking away learning the basic chords and getting very sore fingers. The callous's are now forming so it doesn't hurt as much now but my thumb and fingers ache like fuck

I can play 3 Little birds and Don't worry be happy already lol . Oh and the intro to Stairway lol

Owd

Nice one Owd! I had a George Formby Uke, I sold it, I sort of wish I hadn't now, its a great instrument. It was Dallas one I had, George Formby lent his name to them.

Here, what do you get if you cross George Formby and Eddy Murphy?

Turned out nice again motherfucker.

5 people like this

I practice every day :guitar:  and am still shit lol   

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Although I haven't picked up an instrument in a while my 2 youngest daughters joined a brass band a couple of years ago and they now play in the senior band , one on cornet and one on trombone and I must say brass bands fucking rock :clapping::toot:

A full band at full tilt right in front of you is powerful as fuck and with the right tunes can drag you from joy to despair and back again in a few minutes . 

If you're looking for a hobby for your kids and there's a local band you can support by sending your kids it's well worth a go. They get to learn an instrument , they get to give live performances , go on tours and stuff and on top of all that you are helping to keep an important cultural tradition alive :innocent:

Edited by sam-i-am
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

@sam-i-am

might take my mum out to an outdoor recital. Like a bit of brass band music myself but only outdoors. On a sunny summers day.... something about how the music drifts on the breeze...

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed
1 person likes this

On July 11, 2017 at 11:00 PM, sam-i-am said:

I must say brass bands fucking rock 

They certainly do :yep:  Certain tunes can be a little overwhelming sometimes :blub: I haven't practiced on the cornet for ages, been concentrating on guitar. :guitar: 

Shame really, my delacquered Bach Stradivarius 184ml is a lovely sounding instrument, too good for me lol apparently it's widely regarded as one of the best cornets ever made. 

2 people like this

i used to plat the guitar years ago ( or at least i tried too _   recently ive been looking into either a 5 string banjo .... or a set of bagpipes ....  that will please the neighbours  ... i think both instraments sound bloody great .....like this ..

1 person likes this

Never mind 

Edited by Kiminal

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:00 PM, sam-i-am said:

Although I haven't picked up an instrument in a while my 2 youngest daughters joined a brass band a couple of years ago and they now play in the senior band , one on cornet and one on trombone and I must say brass bands fucking rock :clapping::toot:

A full band at full tilt right in front of you is powerful as fuck and with the right tunes can drag you from joy to despair and back again in a few minutes . 

If you're looking for a hobby for your kids and there's a local band you can support by sending your kids it's well worth a go. They get to learn an instrument , they get to give live performances , go on tours and stuff and on top of all that you are helping to keep an important cultural tradition alive :innocent:

..Was walking through my town center other day...wondering what to get for supper..then all of a sudden .....FUCK ME ...brass band started..didn,t even notice them setting up...blew me bastard wig off....cracking sound though..couldn,t believe how loud they were...

1 person likes this

Drumming eh? Fancied it when I was younger but never got round to getting started. Probably a good thing as my left side is pretty useless. 

I had the good fortune to take a trip to the Royal Albert Hall to see Sting when he was touring with a bunch of session musicians, one of which was the drummer Omar Hakim.

Holy crap can that man play. 

This is him with Herbie Hancock, Stanley Clarke & Wayne Shorter in Tokyo(I think), the drum solo starts at about 11 minutes but from 6 minutes in there's some pretty tasty music played...