Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smallbeginings

hooked

my best m8, has gotten me into fishing properly in the last month or so, use to go with m8s as a kid but was never really that interested

we went for a day on the lake were he's a member, caught nothing but quite enjoyed it, so we went for a 24hr stint, and i finally caught my 1st ever fish, a 13lb ghost carp, surface baiting using a dog biscuit around some lillies, was lucky really i just put the rod down and turned to grab my joint, when the fish took the bait and started dragging the rod in, had to move quick to stop it from falling in :headpain: and then stop it from heading into the lilies at the same time, bit of an ask for some1 who wasnt sure wot todo but i managed it :D

but the 1 that really hooked me was a 15lb common (i think, not up on me species of fish yet) that i caught bottom baiting 2 hrs or so after i baited the area, i was just eating my breakfast as the alarm went off, never moved so quick in my life, didnt fight to much, its was early in the morning i wouldnt have faught to hard either lol though hes was a fisty bugger was we got him on the deck, unfortunately 2 secs after that pic was taken, he kicked and i lost my grip, managed to angle him back into the water, my m8 said i wasnt holding it right thats y i didnt hold on to it when it kicked, i was a bit pissed off cos i was pulling the oddest face in the pic :wassnnme:

i made a few mistakes lost a couple of fish due to poorly tied hook lines or hairs breaking, but im learning, hope i catch many more :D

did see a pic of a 27.5lb carp that was pulled out of the lake while we were there, was massive, but i was happy that i caught something, it could have been a 3lb bream ( which was my mates 1st fish of the day lol) and id have been happy tbh.

pics below 1st is the ghost 2nd the common (i think)

post-54992-0-07459800-1309906508_thumb.jpg

post-54992-0-66206500-1309906517_thumb.jpg

nice ghosty . and the other fish is a mirour carp. glad your liking the fishing ,its a great way to pass the time ,while having the odd smoke . :yinyang:

nice one smals, good fish brother! :notworthy:

should i say "i told you so" now? or later? :wassnnme:

deano..

:king:

1 person likes this

Why the fuck did i sell my carp gear???? :wallbash:

nice ghosty . and the other fish is a mirour carp. glad your liking the fishing ,its a great way to pass the time ,while having the odd smoke . :yinyang:

cheers smokie, yeah wasnt sure about the 2nd cheers for clarifing it m8 :yep:

nice one smals, good fish brother! :notworthy:

should i say "i told you so" now? or later? :wassnnme:

deano..

:king:

you can say it to my face when u take me fishing deano,

hopefully that will motivate u to get ur arse in gear and sort out a date to go :D

lol

Why the fuck did i sell my carp gear???? :wallbash:

can u not buy it back?

:spliff:

i finally caught my 1st ever fish, a 13lb ghost carp,

you lucky f##ker..... nice catch man!!! im jelouse

D.