Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
namkha

Medicinal Plants

36 posts in this topic

Hi Namkha

Wicked thread I was going to start one with the same title but then i found yours. My partner and i are really into my medicinal plants, not just cannabis. At the moment this is our selection;

Salvia officinalis (common sage)- Tea made from the leaves is good for tooth ache, stomach ache and good for relaxation help to sleep.

Matricaria chamomilla (german Chamomile) - This is the verity used for most teas. Great for helping to sleep also for stomach upsets and is an anti-inflammatory; to use in this way wet a tea bag or fresh/dry flowers and then apply to effected area.

Cymbopogon (Lemon Grass) - tea is good for helping digestion. Also there are a number of recepies to make insect repellant from lemon grass, insects especially the biting kinds hate citronella. Also ive recently found out that it can help in promoting the death of cancerous cells (like cannabis) while healthy cells stay uninfected.

Melissa officinalis (lemon balm) - Tea from the fresh leaves is good for relaxing and sleep.

Valerian (root) - you metioned already but we have a little one growing at the mo.

Silybum marianum (milk thistle) - Tea from crushed seeds is very good for detoxing the liver and the general health of the liver. good after a heavy night on the beer for those who drink heavily.

Aloe vera - Gell from the inside of the plant is great for for burns and cuts or blisters and sunburn. But everyone knows that anyway.

All the above plants are extremely easy to grow. :B):

Also trying to germinate at the mo (well last 2 months) these seeds can take up to 6 months to germinate. they are all in my veg cab;

Ginkgo biloba - Bhang Buddie already mentioned it. I've got some lovely tea with raspberry and ginko. 1 of my 2 seeds has finally cracked i'm hoping this means it will grow soon.

This tree is Amazing, at the site of the Hiroshima bomb, there were three ginkgo trees which were the only living plant after the bombs was dropped :shock:

Morinda citrifolia (Noni) - native to Hawaii so not the best climate over here in the czech republic but i'm giving it a shot. Got 2 seeds planted i'm waiting for the signs of life. Apparently the fruit is very good for you with lots of vitamins A, B and C, Iron, Potassium and.

Centella asiatica (Guto kola) - It's know to be anti-inflammatory, anti-anxiety, anti-viral and antibacterial. But i've only started to learn about it recently so still not been tested of grown. so far 4 seeds have not germinated.

Phew well that was more than i thought i would type :geek: Time to check in the tent and smoke a Joint.

I love your threads mate, the one on heritage verities is good too. I actually found their catalog by accident one day while i was searching for your site :oops: , but i'm glad i did. :B):

Edited by 0ska0
2 people like this

This tree is Amazing, at the site of the Hiroshima bomb, there were three ginkgo trees which were the only living plant after the bombs was dropped :shock:

BB's Ginko tree post-25891-0-24576900-1315152440_thumb.jpg from the bottom up and growing at the bottom of BB's garden (where the BB faeries are) :yep: NOW are you $hit-vased :oldtoker: Bom Shiva :yinyang:

2 people like this

Very nice BB I think i've got a fair few years before any of my seeds look like that. :rofl:

i've been trying a mix of arjuna (terminalia arjuna), ashwaganda (withania somnifera), bramhi (bacopa monnieri) and valerian (valeriana officinalis), for about 3 weeks/one month, in diferent doses, with very good results. I sleep very well, feel energized in the morning and during the day (and not that sleepy wake up that sometimes presists during part of the morning), more concentration for a longer time, a nice sense of alertness, better mood and confidence. In academic terms this makes a lot of difference belive me. I feel a bit less anxious in some tasks or particular situations. In physical terms i feel more resistent to physical stress (manual/physical work), specially in the recovery from hard tasks. Of course i can not say this is scientific statment or universal effects, but to be honest i dont intend it to be :-), i would say in holistic/empirical terms i have been very well and balanced. To this i had a bit of running in the afternoon and go to bed early (this i also learned from an Indian friend of our family). For me go to bed early makes a LOT of difference and that means wake up very early also :-). Best regards.

Edited by wildnature
2 people like this

hi Wildnature

that's great to hear - you've described perfectly exactly the effect I find these herbs have

all best

Namkha

Hi @namkha and company :fart:, how do you use Ashagwanda. I mean when and how grams. I got it in powder. Now i am mixing with coffe (¿not torrefacted?)

P.D. Valeriana smells so bad and so strong, i need to keep in two jars jaja.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0