Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

farmer boy

random guerrilla photos

7,980 posts in this topic

How long has it been split? How old was the plant when you first noticed? 

Could be something to do with overwatering like with some fruits.

Was the stem soft when it started ? 

@Spliffman100 check that  'powdery mildew' isn't just bird poo ! 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Eelhelmet said:

How long has it been split? How old was the plant when you first noticed? 

Could be something to do with overwatering like with some fruits.

Was the stem soft when it started ? 

yo eel, plant was out for around one and a half or two months when i noticed. think that was the end of june, start of july? im pretty fucked when it comes to time... but picture is from a few days ago. i deffo saw it last visit, which was 10-14 days ago, possibly saw it before, but not sure...

plant has only become more established and swollen arae has grown and split a bit more. over watering is certainly not the problem as ive watered it once or twice in its outdoor lifetime, maybe three but not more... cant tell you if it was soft, couldn't get my hand in the cage to feel it (bigger cages indeed @uberowl ;) ) though i recall now a finger poke through revealed a solid feel.

split seems pretty dry, not moist or weeping, like an old wound that healed...

i have some foggy vague memory of swollen stem base being a characteristic of something or other, feel like i read it on paper - connel clark, dj shorts book - some connection to an authority, ot1 or shanti or someone but cant remember it it was strain specific or breeding related or, well - i cant remember anything basically, other than i might have heard about this before and if i did it was some one who knew their shit...

Edited by tsk
clarification

@Eelhelmet and thanks for the response.

and so this doesnt become the problem solving section heres some random pictures of the "growing in plain sight" plants...

large.Photo0831.jpglarge.Photo0833.jpglarge.Photo0834.jpglarge.Photo0836.jpg

:cheers:

14 people like this

Mmm, when I said overwatering I meant as in binge watering.

Fruit does the same. Dry spells followed by sudden deluged causes soft tissue cells to split.

That's why I asked how old it was and was the stem soft when it started.

I believe dj bred plants that carried the hollow stem trait, not heard or read anything along these lines.

Hope it grows on and gets home for you. Nice to see you're still around, cheers mate :)

4 people like this

Surprised to find my plants alive healthy and not even drooping today.. Impressive considering they've had one watering in this 2 plus month dry spell. Growth is slow without rain though!! Pistils have started shooting too...

Loads of rain, explosion of stretch then warm sun and early buds please :notworthy:

large.rps20180717_212442.jpg

24 people like this

@Eelhelmet binge watering = check! though never more than 1.5 litres it has certainly gone from bone dry to sodden in minutes. 

also check to djs hollow stem chat, but i dont think it was him i semi-recall... fuck knows! :D

i too hope she makes it to bro.  :) 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, trimma said:

@Spliffman100 check that  'powdery mildew' isn't just bird poo ! 

Sadly not. Bit too scattered and faded, and it's got those white circles... 

1 person likes this

large.20180717_201909.jpglarge.20180715_061425.jpgFlowering is near, hoping for rain before for a boost.

34 people like this

Green golds 

large.20180717_191230.jpeg

34 people like this

Much better than last yrs Greengolds were for me in last yrs shitty season.. must say in their defence they keep their smell and flavour for a long time after drying..

6 people like this

On 16/07/2018 at 8:55 PM, tsk said:

yo, any one of you fine ganja gardeners got knowledge on what the fuck THIS shit is?

large.Photo0878.jpglarge.Photo0873.jpglarge.Photo0875.jpglarge.Photo0877.jpglarge.Photo0870.jpg

dont look like insect exit holes, burrowing beetles or such thing. only plant out showing such swelling.

think its a random ace, or an easy sat, or maybe one of the other strains ive got out... fuck knows, but its got a funky stem... 

suggestions welcome.

It looks like a early damaged stem that as healed. Maybe bent by watering earlier when it was small. Damaged cell's surrounded by healthy to fix the damage that have no place to go. It looks like it could cause problems later. My advice is simple. Cover it with rooting hormone and put a bottomless bucket over it and fill with wet soil. It will shoot roots out of the damaged part and remove the risk of pm spores infecting it later.

11 people like this

Cropped my Blue Dream autos this morning.

As mentioned before - was going to put my feet up for this season

but fate intervened in the shape of some free seeds from a HSO comp - and I'm glad it did :yep:

The result was good given the minimal effort invested. 

large.5b50ba94067bb_1BDfinal.jpg

Good trich coverage...  smells of spices and deep forest.

large.5b50bb3ec9aed_3BudZoomFinal.jpg

So that's me done til next year.

:lucky: very best of luck GG'ers :lucky:

:yinyang:

Amaethon

:yinyang:

25 people like this

@Boomslang - Hey man,,, what lat are you at? Can you shoot me a message or tag when you notice preflower starting on the Mango Sapphire...seriously considering giving it a try next year over here at the 45thN

White widow Auto x Royal Dane, bred by @nordle guy 6ft stinks, couple weeks in flower

WWA x Royal Dane

Sticky icky Auto top Either Dinafem Haze xxl auto or Humbolt Seeds OG kush :g:smells a bit like some spanish ammo I had in Malgrat so probs the haze..

Auto top

Critical Sours starting to flower smelling good

Critical Sour

23 people like this