Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

farmer boy

random guerrilla photos

7,290 posts in this topic

Popped to TFZ on Friday to tidy up and clear our towers out ready for next year. Checked on the root systems in the towers and they'd done really well:

large.5a12ced7c7571_2017-11-1821_44_37.jpglarge.5a12cee4d2d07_2017-11-2012_45_23.jpg

All contents from all the towers, root balls and all were tipped onto the auto bed, which now 3 years on is in a fine state for growing! Will just need a quick dig over in the new year.

We also had a proper nice bbq out there and I'll post pics up soon :)

Edited by zug
12 people like this

What better way to start some work at a plot than a load of meat grilling on a bbq. This lot set us up nicely for the job of clearing the plot for next year. Goes down as my no 1 Surf n Turf so far:

large.5a135b438305c_2017-11-2022_39_32.jpglarge.5a135b5349d9a_2017-11-2022_40_14.jpg

Ready for cooking!

Lamb chops:

large.5a135b5f7f60f_2017-11-2022_41_04.jpglarge.5a135b6acecac_2017-11-2022_41_41.jpg

Bit o smokey bacon too...went very well with the mint sauce Andro brought

large.5a135b7519898_2017-11-2022_42_35.jpglarge.5a135b87579d2_2017-11-2022_43_06.jpg

Bosh, lovely stuff..and eaten off a Lidl bag. Well that was the turf...and now for the surf:

large.5a135ba50bb3c_2017-11-2022_43_39.jpglarge.5a135baf5291b_2017-11-2022_44_15.jpg

A truly yummy meal out in the middle of nowhere. 

Got plans for a big plot here next year...got a bit jealous of some of the fields this year :)

Edited by zug
19 people like this

took the last plant  today   ,,20th nov latest for me  so far ,,, had a pleasant surpise to find a haze cross had finished off nicely never took camera as was only expecting a moldy skeleton  but will snap some buds when dry

11 people like this

Lobster lol go on lads,.... :yep:  

9 people like this

Nice pics @zug, I really don’t know how you get away with it. I’m living dangerously if I take a Mars Bar with me lol  

10 people like this

I guess I'm not the only one wondering the same then lol. I'd like to see inside your vehicle once it's loaded up @zug lol.

The born pot growing survivor!

Edited by indicatoker420
3 people like this

We realised we can't keep using those disposable bbq's so we're going to install a permanent cooking facility at TFZ. Will take a proper bbq down there soon so we only have to bring charcoal and food :)

Next logical step is to grow some (other kinds of) herbs and some veg there.

13 people like this

On 20 November 2017 at 8:55 AM, Mcgarret said:

Well done @soiled, squeezing the last drop out of the season. :yep:
Looks like the bottom of plant with just the main stem cut off poking out of top.
How long between taking the top and this lower bit?
What strain is it and how was it for mould?

:oldtoker:

Thanks matey :yep:

Ullllllmmmmmmnnn....

yeah top bit was cropped many moons ago.

top colas would have been taken august-September...end of August-September. Lower nugs whenever they fatten up & get the time! I normally leave them as long as can be. Crop all the big stuff and leave the lower stuff till last.

This was a mighty gold I believe. 

All strains suffered with mold September time due to wet & warm. Out of September and mold slowed right down due to colder temps. I reckon we Averaged about 3-6 off most the mighty's. That's dry weight.

each year is a gamble. Best to hedge your bets with early & later stuff. That's how I play it. 

This year weather wise was crap, but if you have enough out your laughing come crop time :yep:

3 people like this

9 hours ago, zug said:

Next logical step is to grow some (other kinds of) herbs and some veg there.

And then some livestock ;). Even got some poop then too :).

2 people like this

Already thinking of trapping a bunny Ed Stafford style.

1 person likes this

@Dutchjohnny @soiled, allright lads? Sent you guys a PM but thought it could be worth sharing your thoughts here... You both had lovely looking sweet cheeses and was curious to know how they performed in the end?  :hippy:

Edited by LE BIG BUD
1 person likes this

@LE BIG BUD 

sweety chez was allllriiight.

would I run them again? Probably not....only if I had an abundance of them again. Anything cheese doesn't perform too great outdoors IMO. they will grow, but mold will hit them,  the cheeses that have been worked outdoors are far supiorior. Cheese bred with something hardy.....something for over 54 Lat perhaps.  The best outdoor cheese I ever did was ubercamels cheese/Dane/kush something or other.

nightmare to trim on the spinner. Real woody stems...that might have to do with how late them came in though. 

Good stink, so bear that in mind. 

Once dried its not bad.....needs a good cure though to bring out flavour/smell. 

Frosty early on, but once spun seems they lost a lot. Needed a couple/ few weeks warmer weather to perform there best. Too late. Far better strains to grow here outdoors, and lots of them now....in an ideal world I'd like everything in by early October latest.

was chopping well into November.....

large.image.jpeg

10 people like this

Thanks @soiled for this. Never done any cheese yet and was curious. Never actually smoked any! Ws curious to see what all the hype is about and thought that sweet FV could have given me a good rendition of it. Not gonna waste any time with that then. Sweet picture though... very inviting. Funny you mention about trichomes falling off. I had the same with Killer kush. As I was trimming (I trimmed that one dry) I could see a rain of trichomes pissing every where... My tray was covered of golden pollen. Mmmm :skin_up:

2 people like this

just been looking through this post ... well done on a great looking crop ...  pissin myself laughing at larry the lobster warming himself on the bar b q   lol

1 person likes this

Nice write up @soiled on the SS Cheese FV, sort of what I’ve been waiting for from you. As I said when we first spoke that I had a pack but was not too sure if they would have the mould res as @Elephant Face had said the year before.

I guess I can cross em off the list along with the Jack47. Could be different in a “good” year but I can’t take the losses and I don’t have a crystal ball. 

What I won’t be crossing off from Sweet Seeds is the KKfv. 26/10 at lat 51 this year, the same as last season. 

4 people like this