Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

troy

science vs religion

1,118 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, theokoles said:

am "spiritual"..a visit by angels, yes angels that visited and spoke to me and gave me a message one xmas moring, a message/instruction, that i followed and this has brough about major life changes for me..

My gran reckoned she was visited by the Virgin Mary when she was on her deathbed in the 50s, she’d burnt all her lung linings out working with phosphorus in munitions factory’s in Coventry, she reckoned she’d told her she couldn’t die and was to get better because her young kids needed her, and she got better and lived another 55 years, she wasn’t the sort to lie about something, I always put it down to a hallucination while she was really ill.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Id never really beleved in anything like that but this encounter "seemed" so real. I have to concede that i was extremely ill suffering with PTSD and anxiety, now im not aware that PTSD makes you hallucinate, i have complex PTSD not something thats just temporary but years of it coming and going and it getting more aggressive..bad nightmares and panic, little sleep but never hallucinations. So it messed with my head, i was visited by two deseased loved ones who clearly told me in xmas morning in 2014 that i had to write and tell about what happened to me in care, that i should tell the police, solicitors, the LA and my Dr. The next night i had a niggtmare and woke in a sweat, a lion had broken in the window grabbed my gf by the neck and was dragging her out the window. I panicked was scared to help but ran to the kitchen grabbed a knife attacked the lion in futile attempt then woke up. The message in my dream was clear..the pen is mightier than the sword! So after my visit and message from angels and the lion dream the night after, i put pen to paper, wrote to those above and initiated legal action against the LA for negligence. That claim was obviously rejected by the LA but my now specialiost solicitors that have taken over have been working to change the law for victims of historical abuse for years and succedded in 2017, now we are suing the LA under the vicarious liability doctrine.

Ive had a couple of years of thearpy, and recieved the desperate thearpy i was in need of and most of all ive been heard and understood and my case has been taken seriously, being herad and having the courage to speak up about lots of things i had been normalised to was a massive milestone, abusers have such a powerful hold on victims often its not until they die you actually realise the uneven power dynamic at work. If i hadnt of had that encounterb that xmas morning, i wouldnt be in my dream home, i wouldnt of hasd therapy and nobody would be none the wiser about my case..i would have gone another 30 years struggling with life in general and my traumatic past..fucked if i know lol 

eta cant edit speliing mouse is fucked.

Edited by theokoles
3 people like this

it has to be some type of science that discovered cannabutter bubblehash and cannabis oil, having the right dosage puts me in touch with the gods, astral travel only occurs when my mind is in tune with cannabis

Posted (edited)

It’s interesting that both you and my grans encounters came at times of extreme stress, they seem to be very similar experiences..

Its could that religion comes from similar experiences imo, A few hundred years ago there was no health care like today people suffered till whatever ailed them killed them or some miraculous recovery.

I remember reading somewhere we only use 5-10% of our brains, there’s large parts science has no idea what it’s purpose is, could well be things like this come from those parts triggered by stress?

@theokoles

e2a well done in confronting your demon, my ex who I loved to bits was destroyed by childhood abuse, I tryed to talk her into reporting it but she wouldn’t go near it, I had to cut her loose in the end before she hurt herself, me or 1 of my kids. 

Edited by nl5
1 person likes this

extreme stress will give us a near death experience, is well documented about some people who near died experienced out of body and the light sensation, I prefer using drugs

1 person likes this

Stress levels at that time were bad, i cant discount a hallucination but it was so real and powrful..i wouldnt shut up about it for weeks on end, did my gfs head in.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, tico cervantes said:

Everyone has their own path in life. As long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else's path then you should always support them. Just my opinion though. 

exactly thats a  great attitude  i was raised as an athiest  my father told me when you die the worms eat ya the end ,,and who to say hes wrong lol ive got very strong spritual political views propbly a radical loony by most  standards but  people can only belive whats proven to themselves in truth, so no use banging on about things in unwanted ears  there is also the school of thought that says the more truth you talk the crazier therll say you are lol

3 people like this

On 29/03/2019 at 0:59 PM, hash72 said:

extreme stress will give us a near death experience, is well documented about some people who near died experienced out of body and the light sensation

My dad was drinking in a pub a few years ago and dropped dead at the bar. Luckily one of the patrons that night was a former paramedic and performed CPR on him until the ambulance arrived.

When I picked him up from hospital a few days later I was talking to the doctor and he said my father was very lucky, the CPR had kept him alive until the ambulance crew could resus him but he'd suffered another cardiac event in the ambulance on the way to hospital and had been clinically dead for 3 minutes, as well as crashing again on arrival at the hospital and being dead for another minute or so.

A few days later I asked him about what he remembered and he told me it was like a light being turned off - one minute he was chatting to some bloke about Alsatians, next thing he knew it was 36 hours later and he was in hospital - no lights or tunnel, no out of body experience, just alive one minute and dead the next.

He still jokes that if it was legally recognized and adhered to he'd have DNR tattooed across his chest as he feels like he's probably been 'cheated' out of a painless and easy death lol

5 people like this