Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

troy

science vs religion

1,123 posts in this topic
Just now, Hir said:

Open mind there Bazz as per fuckin normal, condemning before reading.

assuming i had never heard of him .......

my mind is open to anything you can show me ,a well known crank is nothing new im afraid 

the question was why are science and religion not treated the same and my answer still stands firm 

well had you!

Just now, Hir said:

well had you!

if you mean heard of him then yes he is well known in the skeptic community 

have you read anything if so what , no googling now

Just now, Hir said:

have you read anything if so what , no googling now

ive read enough about him to know i wont waste my time on his books ,he simply speculates with nothing to back it up 

plenty of interesting books to read and actually learn stuff without reading others speculations who cant back them up 

but again you are missing the point of my original reply and going off on a tangent with some woo merchant .....not much changes 

so what has he speculated on and backed up with data ? if we are going on this tangent 

NO!  Not about him from haters, what have YOU read

Edited by Hir

Just now, Hir said:

NO!  Not about him from haters, what have YOU read

you want me to list everything ive seen read and heard about him over the years ....your funny 

let me give you a hint he wrote a book not a science paper (on this stuff) and he is a scientist (was) so why would a scientist have all these ideas and not try and test them etc ? and just write a book 

the answer is because he simply pulls stuff out his ass that he knows cant be tested if it could he would 

i will say this i imagine the book is interesting to read unless you start taking the stuff he speculates on as real 

7 minutes ago, Hir said:

Not about him from haters, 

very telling ,pointing out the flaws in an argument or idea is not hating 

says a lot right there 

don't imagine, read it then you have some grounds for your knee jerk reaction

show me on thing supernatural that you can observe or has been observed to be real 

Life survives in the chaos of the cosmos by picking order out of the winds. Death is certain, but life
becomes possible by following patterns that lead like paths of firmer ground through the swamps of
time. Cycles of light and dark, of heat and cold, of magnetism, radioactivity, and gravity all provide
vital guides, and life learns to respond to even their most subtle signs. The emergence of a fruit fly is
tuned by a spark lasting one thousandth of a second; the breeding of a bristle worm is co-ordinated on
the ocean floor by a glimmer of light reflected from the moon; the development of the eggs of a quail
is synchronised by a soft conversation between the embryos; conception in a woman waits for that
phase of the moon under which she was born. Nothing happens in isolation. We breathe and bleed, we
laugh and cry, we crash and die in time with cosmic cues.
Inorganic matter got together in the right way to create a self-perpetuating organism that started a
system of elaboration that has now produced a pattern with several million pieces. This is
Supernature, and man sits at the center of its web, tugging at the strands that interest him, following
some through to useful conclusions and snapping others in his impatience. Man is the spearhead of
evolution, vital, creative, and immensely talented, but still young enough to wreak havoc in his first
flush of enthusiasm. Hopefully this period of awkward adolescence is coming to an end as he begins
to realise that he cannot possibly survive alone, that the web of Supernature is supported by the
combined strength of a vast number of individually fragile fragments, that life on earth is united into
what amounts to a single superorganism, and that this in turn is only part of the cosmic community.
A first sight, the process of evolution looks extremely wasteful with most developments running into
the dead ends of extinction, but even in their failure these contribute something to the few species that
do succeed. It is imperative that there should be a multitude of participants so that life can move on a
broad front, testing all possibilities in a search for the right ones. Even those that die have not lived in
vain, because news of their failure is broadcast and becomes part of the inheritance of Supernature.
This communion is possible because life shares a mutual sensitivity to the cosmos, has a common
origin, and speaks the same organic language.
The alphabet is written in chemical symbols shared by all protoplasm. The most common word is
water, which has the property of instability that makes it a most sensitive, reliable receiver of subtle
signals. Simple formulas in an aqueous solution make it possible for information to pass from cell to
cell as long as there is direct contact between them. The same information can jump across space
provided with an overlap of electrical fields or where two communicants are sufficiently alike to
resonate in sympathy with each other.

His conclusion but you need to read the book!

Just now, Hir said:

His conclusion but you need to read the book!

why would i bother Hir ?

what has his book changed about the world ,what have we gained from his work ?

nothing its meaningless speculation ,i can do that all day long but you wouldnt want to read my book simply because its worthless untill such time as i can back up what i say 

What a very arrogant reply.