Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

troy

science vs religion

1,122 posts in this topic

Religion is all about control.

No thanks.

2 people like this

just a thought..... if all religion is about control how does paganism work?

or is paganism not considered a religion.....

back off to Idol.. sorry, slip of the tongue, I mean back off to idle for the afternoon.

now where did I put it......

1 person likes this

Pagans may be trained in particular traditions or they may follow their own inspiration. Paganism is not dogmatic. Pagans pursue their own vision of the Divine as a direct and personal experience.

from a pagan site

or is paganism not considered a religion.....

back off to Idol.. sorry, slip of the tongue, I mean back off to idle for the afternoon.

now where did I put it......

i dont think religion was made for control ,it was (and is) certainly used that way but i dont think that was the intended use

i would say many are in control of there religion not the other way round ,just the nature of the thing means it can be used for control

I agree, it was a rhetorical post.

however, I also think those that wish to follow will always find something to hold too, those that want to be individuals will always find a way too.

I base my opinion on " a mans search for meaning " by Viktor E Frankle . A survivor of the holocaust. a very powerful book.

even in the worst of situations the individual will always find a way.

however, those that be, whoever they are, leach on those that wish to follow.

its always been the way. I think the Greek philosophers called the masses the sleep walkers.

now where is my pillow....

1 person likes this

If you knew the truth of what we are where we are how the world started, and could see everything possible to see the ends of life so to speak,what would it change? Nothing

depends on if I can replicate it.....

If you knew the truth of what we are where we are how the world started, and could see everything possible to see the ends of life so to speak,what would it change? Nothing

Yes it would, I would know while I`m alive, and would certainly open countless avenues in science I would imagine, seeing as that is what science is all about

besides isn't the end just a big DMT trip... hope so, I'm kinda looking forward to it.

2 people like this

All I believe is that, one must reproduce so if there is eventually an answer , you want something of yourself to be there, having no kids would be the worst thing to happen in my eyes, either way though we could just get wiped out so it could be all pointless, if there was life after death it would be pretty boring eternal life, just imagine how many people would be there if all people who died was there billllions of people, is there not life after death for animals n dinosours imagine how many of them there wud be they lived for millions of years lol

1 person likes this

That ending.

Number 7 is my favourite lol

Edited by brendog