Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

troy

science vs religion

1,123 posts in this topic

On five of the Apollo missions to the Moon they placed an Atomic clock calibrated against an Atomic clock that stayed on Earth. Even though Apollo only moved at about 30,000 MPH it did it for about five days which the calculated discrepancy should show a time dilation of a couple of seconds. The clocks did disagree and in the right direction and within a magnitude of the expected value. But the exact values, as far as I know, were never released. The impression I always got was that the actual number did not precisely match what they expected. But in empirical science five observations isn't very much.

Edited by Hir
2 people like this

Thank you Hir, that is perfect, you got to the point I wanted to make, electron drift.... and the way you describe it above is DC, I won't quibble about the distance as that depends on the current (amps), but if you apply it to AC 50 Hz, then how far do the electrons travel in each half cycle? Using your above numbers that is 0.02 - 0.03 cm, in other words, it is wiggling around on the spot.

So, if it is not electrons being delivered from the power station to my house, what is it?

Its a electromagnetic field that is produced by the excitation of electrons, which interacts with the components of an electronic device that reacts in such a way that the field can excite the components of the electric device in order to make it operate, vibrations interacting, the electricity is produced by copper and iron interacting when they are moved, it produces a magnetic field and the movement energy is produced manually in most cases, to move a massive alternator.

I said photons have mass, you asked me to define it, I said that protons and electrons have mass... why is it so difficult to imagine that photons have mass too? Photons are made of stuff, very very small, much much smaller than an electron, it is a particle, I imagine it like a tiny planet spinning on it's axis at velocity c, and moving through space at velocity c..

Same rules?

What rules? My rules are not defined by Einstein, so anything he says about spacetime dilation, or mass increase or whatever.... that's not my model, that is the SM model, and I haven't yet researched that time dilation stuff, and when I do I will perhaps find a different explanation, or more probably that is is just not valid... whatever...

i get what you mean, it isn't difficult to imagine it having mass but i was wondering for the reasons for why you think it doesn't or does have mass, i just want to get an insight into your thinking, its easy for me to misinterpret what people are meaning when we're talking about things we cant really see, i haven't really watched any brian cox stuff, im more into what you're thinking or whoever i'm talking to and how they come to these thoughts etc.

Edited by FunkyJazzJesus
1 person likes this

Its a electromagnetic field that is produced by the excitation of electrons

I`m pretty sure it`s a flow of electrons

Its a electromagnetic field that is produced by the excitation of electrons, which interacts with the components of an electronic device that reacts in such a way that the field can excite the components of the electric device in order to make it operate, vibrations interacting, the electricity is produced by copper and iron interacting when they are moved, it produces a magnetic field and the movement energy is produced manually in most cases, to move a massive alternator.

i get what you mean, it isn't difficult to imagine it having mass but i was wondering for the reasons for why you think it doesn't or does have mass, i just want to get an insight into your thinking, its easy for me to misinterpret what people are meaning when we're talking about things we cant really see, i haven't really watched any brian cox stuff, im more into what you're thinking or whoever i'm talking to and how they come to these thoughts etc.

That is speculative. Scientists don't understand how electricity operates or the effect of movement works. All of the ideas are models, there isn't a definitive model.

Edited by Hir
1 person likes this

I`m pretty sure it`s a flow of electrons

@@ratdog

It isn't. There is electron drift, depending on material of wire and temperature this drift is between 0.01 cm and 3 cm per second. The effect of electricity travels at between 78% and 94% of the speed of light, that isn't electron movement.

Edited by Hir

well i talked about the flow of electrons before, about the copper but the electrons produce a magnetic field which is also part of the whole electrical process, yes i am agreence with everyone, i assumed we were just talking about OUR thoughts of this matter, as has been mentioned by lord hir, it is speculation, we don't understand these things fully, we don't understand our brain, which is what we're using to decipher everything, so yeah, it is interesting that we're all interested in these things.

@@ratdog

It isn't. There is electron drift

Isn`t that a flow of sorts?

well i talked about the flow of electrons before, about the copper but the electrons produce a magnetic field which is also part of the whole electrical process, yes i am agreence with everyone, i assumed we were just talking about OUR thoughts of this matter, as has been mentioned by lord hir, it is speculation, we don't understand these things fully, we don't understand our brain, which is what we're using to decipher everything, so yeah, it is interesting that we're all interested in these things.

@@FunkyJazzJesus

What's this piece of snide rhetoric meant to mean, twat?

2 people like this

What you describe there could apply to my battery powered transistor radio perhaps, and for that you don't need a massive alternator...

What is a hydro-electric generator actually generating? What is it delivering to me as the customer?

I always accepted it was electrons, but after learning about electron drift speed... ???

No, because in AC the electrons just vibrate against a point, the electrons go no where, the very slow drift is only in DC circuits. Yet AC electricity with no movement of electrons still has an effect moving at 78-94% of the speed of light.

1 person likes this

@@FunkyJazzJesus

What's this piece of snide rhetoric meant to mean, twat?

Oh piss off man, i wasn't meaning nowt dodgy by it, i just liked how you came into the conversation, i was enjoying the thought of emperor (palpatine) and that is why i used that word.

Oh piss off man, i wasn't meaning nowt dodgy by it, i just liked how you came into the conversation, i was enjoying the thought of emperor (palpatine) and that is why i used that word.

Liar

e2a: Outta here, I'm fed up with threads that turn into issues of personality and kudos rather than arguments about facts.

Edited by Hir
2 people like this

Yes... but at the speeds that Hir mentioned, it is not very fast, and that is per second.

Our UK leccy is at 50 Hz AC, so each half cycle is 1/100 of those distances.

Hmm, thinking a little more of this electron drift speed... there are plenty of power interlinks between UK and the continent, and some of these are DC... so even at 3 cm/s it takes a hell of a long time for those electrons to cross the channel, a rowing boat is faster than that lol

so even at 3 cm/s it takes a hell of a long time for those electrons to cross the channel

so they do move in one direction then?