Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mickle

What Games Are You Playing At The Moment?

3,189 posts in this topic
On 10/12/2018 at 10:18 PM, Boojum said:

Aye, I saw that on the Ubisoft club or whatever it's called. Doing it with single player games I really don't understand :unsure: It's not like Odyssey is a hard game anyway, it's hardly Dark Souls for fuck's sake lol why would you spend real money to basically cheat ? Boggles my head - I don't use cheats or walkthroughs or stuff like that for games, what's the point, I think it just spoils the game (and as my old man used to say, if you cheat you're only cheating yourself - not necessarily true in competitive games, if you're THAT bothered about winning and not good enough to do it honesly, but definitely true when you're playing a single player game).

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/19/cheat-video-games-gaming-performance#comment-121680106

Little Guardian piece and discussion on cheating you may find interesting.

I must admit, I'm not averse to a little help when it comes to mopping up 1 or 2 tasks for a single player completion, if I've given it a genuinely good shot.

Finally got round to playing RDR. There's no way I would have found a couple of those treasure map locations unless I dedicated another 10 hours to scouring the prairies.

1 person likes this

On 9/7/2018 at 1:57 PM, hazy harry said:

2 point hospital here basicly theme hospital updated for modern machines excellent nostalgia trip

Great wee blast from the past.  I hit that up for around two weeks after it got released.  Back to it again with the new sandbox patch.

Still looking for a game to keep me going til Bannerlord comes out (in 2049 by Shire reckoning).

1 person likes this

Gonna get this RDR2 soon ;)  ...had a quick look when at my mates the other day and it looks like it plays much like the first.  I was doing my usual and instead of playing the bloody thing, I'm just sat on a horse, looking through the binoculars to see how much is being done by the game and it is impressive to be fair, very impressive.  From the birds in the sky to people going about their business that is a hell of a draw away and barely detectable without the bins and all very natural in the flow of generated events too... some serious work has been done on it with great rendering and lighting. :v: 

e2a

Oh and I shot this deer, it went down but was still yelping and crying :(  I felt fucking awful!!!  Put it down then as the guilt to my murder of this defenceless animal kicked in lol  

Edited by botanics
3 people like this

Nearly finished Assassin's Creed Odyssey, finished the Odyssey questline and have 3 of the 4 Atlantean artifacts, just need to finish off The Cult of Kosmos so hope to be trading it in for RDR 2 tomorrow. Then need to finish Spider-Man to trade in for Call of Cthulhu. Then see how long it takes to finish that and RDR 2 so I can trade one of other of them in for Fallout 76 when it comes out (cos I'm not really arsed about RDR2's forthcoming online mode, I prefer single player games, bit peeved that Fallout 76 is online but it's a Fallout game and that makes it a must-play for me even if it is online). Good games are like buses, wait ages for one and then 3 come along at once lol

Edited by Boojum
1 person likes this

Still not got RDR2 :frown: Cex in Brighton only seem to get one at a time and I'm not trekking all the way there just to find they've sold it (again lol ) so I'm currently playing Spider-Man. It's pretty fun, and when I finish it Game are doing RDR2 half price if you trade in certain games, one of which is Spider-Man, so hopefully I'll have RDR2 at some point soon lol

On 01/11/2018 at 0:01 AM, botanics said:

Oh and I shot this deer, it went down but was still yelping and crying :(  I felt fucking awful!!!  Put it down then as the guilt to my murder of this defenceless animal kicked in lol 

I was playing last night and I sneaked into a house where a father and son were arguing. I stayed hidden around the corner listening to the boy's complaints about the father's alcohol consumption. Thinking I may be able to help them I walked around the corner at which point the father gets really aggressive and starts shouting at me. I end up shooting and killing the father (out of self protection - I had no choice), but the boy's reaction was heartbreaking - sobbing at his lost father's side. So much so, I had to load a manual save from hours before as the new story line. The realism is intense, sometimes quite unsettling. 

1 person likes this

Hollow knight

Red Dead Redemption 2. Loving it but just rage quit trying to hunt one of the legendary animals, bloody 'too much activity in the area' so it won't appear and I've been running round the area for about an hour, killing every predator animal I find (bloody rattlesnakes :headpain: millions of the fuckers and they're practically invisible), there are no stranger encounters in the area, I've slaughtered packs of wolves, herds of black bears and about a hundred fucking rattlesnakes and still there's too much activity in the area :frown: That's me done for the day lol

Got Fallout 76 on Saturday (I know it's got crap reviews but it's a Fallout game so I've gotta at least give it a go) but haven't actually managed to play it yet. First it had to install, then there was a massive update to download, so I didn't play it yesterday and I've just tried to play it only for it to need ANOTHER fucking update today, 45 fucking gigs :headpain:That's nearly 100 GB of updates I've downloaded for it so far and it hasn't even been out a week yet.

Fuck rockstar not gonna buy another console for one fuckin game will wait an see if rdr2 hits pc til then will content myself wi the first one on my old 360

1 person likes this