Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mickle

What Games Are You Playing At The Moment?

3,164 posts in this topic

The Binding of Isaac Rebirth. Crazy roguelike based on the biblical tale, the story of a baby fleeing from his mother (who has been commanded to kill him by God to prove her faith) as he fights poo monsters with his tears lol Utter madness lol

Just started Icewind Dale.  After all Baldur's Gate stories.

Sniper Elite 4,  got it on sale for £5.99 from steam - cracking game - looks gorgeous, loads of atmosphere and the game play suits my ageing reaction speed

Loving Dead Cells :) It's got the roguelike thing down to a tee, there's just the right balance of stuff to find (blueprints for permanent upgrades etc) to keep you going back for one more run, properly addictive.

Been back into no man's sky lately with the new update its closer to the game that it should have been in the first place tho it still needs some tweaks imo

1 person likes this

OK, I'm properly addicted to Dead Cells now lol

I really recommend it, especially if you loved old school action platformers like Castlevania and Super Metroid. The rogue-lite structure (procedurally generated levels, permadeath but with collectable blueprints that you keep if you reach the end of the level that unlock better weapon drops, stat boosting mutations & stuff once you've spent cells on them, the way you upgrade your character each run, so you can tailor your build to the weapons you find, or whether you want to go for speed or exploration - some doors are on a timer, so you can either do a level slow and steady to find every treasure and collect every drop, or race through to try and reach a timed door to get the loot behind) is brilliantly done to just keep you coming back for one more run . Superb game.

Just started Planescape torment.  Weird game, and the dialogue is so odd and distinctive, closest I've ever come to the uniqueness of the language is Clockwork Orange.  I really don't understand the world I'm in.

1 person likes this

Playing Path of exile atm its alright, can lose yourself for a few hours

Tried out Mario Karts and Splatoon on the Swich on Friday, wont be buying one though, dont see the point. Still loving Mario Karts and Smash bros on the Wii u, i can lose myself in MK for days sometimes. Headphones on with some trance and im away for hours.

Started Divinity Original Sin 2 on the PS4. Loving it so far, good dialogue writing and the controls are well adapted for a controller.

Trailer for red dead 2 has me sold for sure. The first one I didn't dislike it but didn't really get into it. Just be good to be entertained by something other than cod. Like the adventure type games like your grand theft auto but tbh after San Andres I feel gta lost its way. The flashier graphics and stuff is nice but just don't feel it felt the same. 

Anyway I always say I won't buy another cod as its just the same game with new maps and guns. Could argue that for all shooters but cod feels like cod. Then I see the trailer and everyone else buying it, I buy it to be social. The latest one seems to have a battle royale game mode, guess this game types become most popular. It's weird how it wasn't ever done before but maybe it was and fortnight being free made it popular. Anyway it looks good and like the fact its first person rather than 3rd. Good thing is when this one comes out ill be used to cod unlike last time where it had been years. Hopefully this one has a hard-core game battles league, won't hold my breath.

The vanilla Destiny 2 was (maybe still is for the rest of the month :unsure: ) free with PS Plus so I've been playing a bit of that. It's OK, not sure I'd have paid for it but free is good :) I may get the DLC content if it's on offer at some point.

Fallout 4 

im enjoying it more than I thought, I like building the community up but struggle with all the killing but I’m getting better at it. 

Fallout 4 is a good shooter but a shite fallout game new vegas is the best of the bethesda ones the old isometric ones are still the best imo

2 people like this

2 point hospital here basicly theme hospital updated for modern machines excellent nostalgia trip