Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mickle

What Games Are You Playing At The Moment?

3,188 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@SkullDuggery  cheers mate. thanks for your help. thought id missed the boat on bloodline 

i am new to the p4, how do i get the mad max game up. sounds good. 

what im doing is going into search, then put in free games, and then onto the list. but cant see any good games, just ones i aint heard off ? lol 

Edited by smokie1 b c f c

Oh, and if you're gonna look at Cex for cheap second hand games (I find they have the best price, but Game also do second hand and sometimes have buy one get one cheaper kinda offers that are sometimes worth it), I highly recommend getting The Last of Us remastered, it's an old PS3 game but it's still a masterpiece :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, smokie1 b c f c said:

@SkullDuggery  cheers mate. thanks for your help. thought id missed the boat on bloodline 

i am new to the p4, how do i get the mad max game up. sounds good. 

what im doing is going into search, then put in free games, and then onto the list. but cant see any good games, just ones i aint heard off ? lol 

Go to the store tab, then scroll down to PS Plus, the first screen should take you to that month's free games, then go down to the game description and the download button should be there :)

Edited by Boojum
2 people like this

cheers mate @Boojum  :smoke:

No worries man. I really do recommend looking for second hand games (Cex are the best place for individual games, Game can be cheaper if there is a buy 2 get 1 free offer on), there are some superb games that you can pick up cheap - the Dark Souls games, Bloodborne, The Last of Us remastered and the Uncharted games are PS-specific titles that I highly recommend and old enough to be cheap now, and as mentioned earlier I'm a big fan of the Borderlands games (FPS with loads of loot and a lot of very funny writing, if you've got a childish sense of humour like me lol ). Loads of great games to be had for relatively little money :)

2 people like this

I’d second the last of us, just an incredible game. I’d also mention The Witcher 3. You can get the game of the year edition cheap now with the add ons. It’s an awesome game with a lot of playtime 

4 people like this

Aye, I forgot Witcher 3, superb game :)

Skyrim is also well worth a go if you're into big open world RPG type games (which I am). Loads of great games that have been around a while so can be picked up relatively cheap second hand now :)

2 people like this

cheers lads, yeah il be going to cex soon. get some new games. :yinyang:

3 minutes ago, smokie1 b c f c said:

cheers lads, yeah il be going to cex soon. get some new games. :yinyang:

Check out the website first to see if your local one has the game in stock (if not you can order it online).

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Sorry, me again :rolleyes: the 'free games' section of the PS store is 'freemium' games - games that are free to play but that have microtransactions. Most of them are wank, and with some of then you end up having to pay if you want the full game, or to compete with people and stuff, but Neverwinter is OK (you have to have PS Plus to play it cos it's a MMORPG) I played it for a while and never paid for any of the microtransaction shit, just got bored with it.

Edited by Boojum
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Still playing God of War. Think I'm near the end of the main story, just grinding Niflheim at the moment so I can upgrade the mist armour to make the valkyrie fight in Muspelheim a bit easier, she's by far the hardest fight so far (apart from the Muspelheim challenge where you can't get hit, that was a bit of a twat).

Edited by Boojum

Trying to get myself into fortnite just because everyone's playing it. For the social banter and the game isn't the worst. Still not one of my favourites though but probably as I'm not too good at it yet lol. Gonna shoot downstairs now to put some hours in.

1 person likes this

Reached master prestige on CoD ww2 a couple of weeks ago, not really played it much since. There's been too much nice weather and the distraction of a garden which needs wrestling into shape.

Currently at level 90, master prestige finishes at level 1000. :eek:  

Giving Far Cry 5 another go, cos I'm near the end of God of War and, like most games I really like I'm kinda putting off finishing it, cos I hate it when a game I love is over :sadwalk:

Since the most recent patch Far Cry 5 is a lot better. Follower AI is still shit, though. It's OK, there's loads to do so it keeps you occupied. Still no classic, though.

Gave Fortnite Battle Royale a quick go. Got killed within about 5 minutes lol Wasn't sure what was what, the PS4 version doesn't really explain much (like building), but I guess it's free and still early access so that's forgivable. Seemed decent enough until I got killed, so I may give it a proper go to learn what's what and see if it's worth playing properly.

Posted (edited)

still playing fortnite and pubg... once you get the nack of building and know the best places to land and loot in fortnite that's when it becomes more fun..  it feels great to outwit your opponent...  all I can say is don't worry about winning when you first start playing..  just play for fun.. look for fights to get better.. camping when starting out will just slow the process, you might win a few but you wont get better... at the moment there is 50 vs 50 mode which is great for new players.. gives you a chance to collect as much material as poss and practice building as you don't have to watch ya back every 5 seconds..  my build buttons are on my mouse.. I find that's the best way with pc for sure.. when I first played I just thought fuck... I'm to old for this as someone whipped up a fort in a second and killed me.. but its all about your keys and practice... I'm on something like my 30th win all together but my win ratio is shite.. something like 1 percent

ive neglected other games so I need to give fortnite a rest!

looking forward to the new tomb raider...  and gonna give state of decay 2 ago when it comes out.. this month I think 

Edited by RandyBoBandy