Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mickle

What Games Are You Playing At The Moment?

3,188 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I go for pure damage %age gems on the HMS, cos they seem to give the best overall damage boost (I put points in strength first, then arcane, but the points in arcane were more to increase discovery before I got the eye runes and to boost the hunter tool damage cos they have S arcane scaling - the augur of ebrietas is IMHO much better for parries than any of the firearms and you can use it while you've got the HMS two handed, and the tiny tonitrus wrecks mobs and enemies weak to bolt damage :) ). Mostly use it one handed cos the thrust attack is so useful, good range, thrust damage and staggers most non-boss enemies, open with a thrust attack then do a transform attack for the poise armour you get while winding it up, even if you get hit you'll generally rally most if not all of the health lost if you hit, and the weak attack untransformed is great after dodging cos you run forward a bit before swinging, makes it easier to close the gap and hit after a dodge. I only ever use it transformed on bosses (sometimes not even then, the dodge and r1 attack untransformed is perfect for fast enemies like the Pthumeran descendant, you can dodge, r1 to get a hit in and then roll away). Not encountered the Pthumeran Queen yet, still going through the chalices one at a time and not got up to that one yet but I'm the completionist kinda person so I'll be trying it. Currently farming chunks to level up the Tonitrus for the Rom the fucking spider in the Pthumeran lower labyrinth, that twat is getting right on my tits lol Tried it with the roundsaw thingy (forget the name), that's how I beat the main boss version spamming the L2 transform attack, but it doesn't cut it (arf arf) against the labyrinth version and he always gets me with his fucking AOE attack in the final phase :frown: And leveling up the bowblade to try and beat Laurence in his final phase with long-range cheeseing lol

Edited by Boojum

YEEEES.

Just killed Laurence, the first vicar.

STITCH THAT, YOU TWAT :yahoo:

It's what I love about the soulsborne games, that feeling when you finally beat a bastard enemy that's murdered you again and again :D

1 person likes this

Stole my sons copy of assassins creed black flag, having a great time boarding ships and doing other piratey things!

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Stole my sons copy of assassins creed black flag, having a great time boarding ships and doing other piratey things!

Piracy and sea shanties FTW :pugwash:

Waay hey bully in the alley lol

Edited by Boojum
1 person likes this

51 minutes ago, Boojum said:

Piracy and sea shanties FTW :pugwash:

Waay hey bully in the alley lol

Yea the shanties are an awesome little touch, plus there's loads of them!  It's a big game though finding it difficult to get a decent go on it.  You need at least a good 3-4 hours at a time to feel like you've done anything!

1 person likes this

I gave up after a few hours of far cry 5 but my pal convinced me to give it another go. Im glad i did but as we was co-op only one of us was registering completed missions :wallbash:.

Pubg mobile is worth a look for people looking to loose a couple of work hours. 

1 person likes this

Still playing Bloodborne - man the cursed and defiled chalices are a twat lol 

Looking forward to God of War out next Friday :)

1 person likes this

Fortnite! 47th win today, the new builder controls on console have improved my game 10 fold 

Going through the top 200 snes games on the mini. Brings me back to childhood, just as they wanted....

<_<

When you guys are crazy about the new Far Cry game, I've decided to leave the mainstream area and come back to classics, simple, even primitive, but charming and nostalgic as hell. So, my choice for now is Run 3 unblocked. It's classical running game where you must find a way back home playing as a martian. Wanna know more details - play the game.

Gave Far Cry 5 another go since I forked out the money for it, but I'm still not impressed (even taking into account the fact that stealth really isn't an option and so going in all guns blazing). Maybe it's better co-op, cos the follower AI is complete garbage, even trying to get a follower to get into the same fucking vehicle as you is practically impossible :headpain: It's just ridiculously bug-ridden, it's like they haven't even bothered playtesting it. Hopefully they will patch the many, many, many bugs eventually, cos I can't see me playing it again until they do.

God of War. Only just started it, but seems pretty good. I'll give a proper opinion once I've played more :)

1 person likes this

Stick up a review booj, one of my favourite game series of the last ten years, really enjoyed all of them.

If his ones good it'll tempt to get a ps4

33 minutes ago, Cursed said:

Stick up a review booj, one of my favourite game series of the last ten years, really enjoyed all of them.

If his ones good it'll tempt to get a ps4

Will do :)

Bearing in mind I haven't played any of the others cos before I got the PS4 I had Xboxes (and Nintendo, always owned a Nintendo console, I've had every one until the Switch came along and I'd probably get one of them if I could afford it lol ) so my take on it will be as a completely new game, not related to the rest of the series.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Boojum No worries.

They are great games, really successfully wove Greek mythology with brilliant playability and puzzle solving. It always seemed to be a benefit knowing a. BIt of Greek mythology, helped you solve the puzzles. It was a big part of it all, more than just a setting, they really used the lore well.

I've seen a review saying this is a bit different in terms of playing perspective and setting. First time out of a Greek mythology setting and in to a Norse setting. Be interested to know whether they've achieved the same level of depth to the story and use of mythos.

:yep:

Be interested in a fresh perspective on it if you haven't played the others.

Edited by Cursed