Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mickle

What Games Are You Playing At The Moment?

3,189 posts in this topic

Pc gamer here :v: competitive CSGO, is all i really play though.... Been playing counter strike since back in the day! Xbox now and then... Bit of forza... 

Been playing Ratchet and Clank on the PS4 cos it was free. It's a really fun game :) Mostly cos of the weapons, they are enjoyably daft, I like the pixellator (a shotgun that turns enemies into low resolution versions of themselves), and the sheepinator (which, unsurprisingly, turns enemies into sheep) but the Groovitron is by far the best weapon in the game IMHO, not just cos it's funny watching enemies stop and disco dance, but cos it works on all enemies, even bosses - chuck in a Groovitron then hit them with the serious weapons while they're dancing (seriously, buy the Groovitron as soon as you can and level it up as a priority). Enjoyably daft game :)

1 person likes this

I'm looking for a fun arcade style driving game... ive not played a driving game in years.. I wish I could remember the name of the last one I played.. probably about 7 years ago.. was explosions on the track/cliffs.. lots of short cuts... was proper fun.. 

sounds like a load of driving games I guess lol.. but if anyone knows a fun driving game.. 

8 hours ago, Boojum said:

but the Groovitron is by far the best weapon in the game IMHO, not just cos it's funny watching enemies stop and disco dance, but cos it works on all enemies, even bosses - chuck in a Groovitron then hit them with the serious weapons while they're dancing (seriously, buy the Groovitron as soon as you can and level it up as a priority). Enjoyably daft game :)

huh ...I reckon that's where fortnite got the idea from 

1 person likes this

Finished Ratchet & Clank - very fun game :)

Decided to play Bloodborne through again, since it was free. Been so long since I played it (when it first came out) that I've pretty much forgotten the layout, enemy moves etc so it's kinda like playing it fresh :) Still a masterpiece. Just love the atmosphere, gothic horror drips and oozes from every step and every sound, just superb (though not what you'd call a relaxing gaming experience lol  the difficulty means you're constantly on edge, knowing you may die any second, but that's what makes Dark Souls & Bloodborne so good, the sense of achievement when you finally beat a difficult enemy, and the sense of relief when you find a contraption to open a short-cut or a bonfire. One of my all-time favourite games :)

@Boojum I thought Bloodbourne was awful. Granted, I didn't play it for long. I got killed by some big dog spider in the first two minutes. I ended up in some outside place with 2 doors that were locked and I couldn't see anything to do. It was 4AM, so maybe another try when I am with it. :rofl: I really didn't like how the character moved, it was very PS2.  Well happy to have Ratchet + Clank tho, that should be a good laugh.

Been playing Assassins Creed Rogue again on PS3. I love it, I think its better than Black Flag. I had Black Flag on PS4, but the PS3 only just about copes with playing Rogue. Its being re-released on PS4 imminently, but after the pigs ear of the Ezio Collection, I won't be getting any Assassins Creed remastered games. 

I created a new account just to troll people in the Middle Eastern Rocket League servers. They don't like it when you shout Israel Is The Best in the in game chat! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Posted (edited)

41 minutes ago, KingBlueRizla said:

@Boojum I thought Bloodbourne was awful. Granted, I didn't play it for long. I got killed by some big dog spider in the first two minutes. I ended up in some outside place with 2 doors that were locked and I couldn't see anything to do. It was 4AM, so maybe another try when I am with it. :rofl: I really didn't like how the character moved, it was very PS2.  Well happy to have Ratchet + Clank tho, that should be a good laugh.

The first enemy is kinda there to give you a taste of what to expect, you're not really expected to beat it (unless you're a veteran of the Dark Souls games). It can be killed, but it's a hard fight (because you start with no weapons, the easiest way to kill it is avoid its attacks until it does the big lunging attack, which you can spot cos it stands up and raises its arms, dodge round it while it recovers and hit it in the back with a fully charged R2, that stuns it and if you hit R1 straight away you do a visceral attack which does critical damage, a few of them and it's dead). But it's really there to give you a taste - you will die. A lot. If you get killed by it, the place you get transported to is kinda the hub. Wander round and interact with all the pools & stuff on the floor (the pools with creatures in them are messages that give you control information), if you're playing online players can leave messages - sometimes warning you of enemies or traps, sometimes just to say stuff, and some nasty people leave messages to mislead you, and the blood pools show the death of another player, which can give you a hint of a hard enemy nearby. The game (like the Dark Souls games) is deliberately obscure, doesn't tell you much, you have to kinda work it out. But in that garden bit one of the messenger pools will give you a choice of melee weapon, one will give you a choice of gun. Read all the messages, interact with everything (the well is a shop, there's a doll thing that only wakes up once you gain 1 insight, you get 1 insight for discovering a boss, and that's where you spend blood echoes to level up, the gravestones are teleport point to various areas, only the Yharnam one is active) and once you've read all the messages use the Yharnam gravestone to transport back to the clinic, kill the beast with your new weapons (equip them first, obviously, melee weapon goes in your right hand, gun in your left, R1 is a light attack with your right hand weapon, R2 is a heavy attack, hold R2 is a charged attack, L1 swaps your melee weapon mode, each has 2 modes, and you can press L1 during a combo to do an attack that also swaps mode, R2 is fire gun at the enemy you're locked on, lock on by pressing the right stick), and then progress into Yharnam itself to start the game proper. Combat is all about dodging, countering (your gun isn't so much an offensive weapon - it does damage at range, but not much, it's use is to set up visceral attacks, if you shoot an enemy at the right time when they are attacking it will stun them, and then you can press R1 to do a visceral attack for loads of damage) etc, takes practice to work it all out. It's a bastard hard game but well worth persevering with. You will die. A lot. When you die you lose all your blood echoes (which are kinda a mix of XP and currency, used to level up and buy stuff from the well messengers) and all the enemies will respawn (they also respawn if you travel back to the hub area, which you do from special lamps sparsely scattered around), but if you can get back to where you died there will be a blood pool, interact with it and you'll get all those blood echoes back, but if you die again before reaching it they are gone.

Edited by Boojum
1 person likes this

@Boojum - Ah, thought I was missing something. It was very late when I turned it on, I was quite brain dead. :rofl:

1 person likes this

I'm still playing Bloodborne, got the DLC cos it was reduced from £16 to £6. But taking a break after being killed 3 times by the flame dog boss at the end of the first Pthumeru chalice dungeon, annoying fucker :frown:  But I will kill him tomorrow, oh yes, I will kill him lol

"Super Hot" is the game I 'm not allowing to be a time-suck right now.

Bit like playing the slowed down bits in the matix...more strategy that your usual shooter.

Bloodborne still. Didn't kill the fire dog boss today after all, got sidetracked by a sneaky fucker in one of the windows in the woods area telling me to go to the right of the cathedral, and when I got there got grabbed by a huge invisible fucker and transported a weird lecture theatre place which led to an area aptly named the nightmare frontier and spent hours there. Fucking giants throwing one-hit-kill boulders, poison pools and walking brain things that cause frenzy buildup just by looking at you that instakills you once the meter is full. Motherfucking sadistic bastard game designers lol I don't do online guides, walkthroughs etc cos I think they spoil the challenge of games, but I was sorely tempted today. And that spider cunt or whatever it is that sent me there (and then kicked me off a cliff into the poison, and then laughed) is gonna get twatted SO hard if I find him lol

Just downloaded the first stalker game again gonna fill it with mods an jump back into the zone

Still Bloodborne. Finally got through the Nightmare Frontier and then beat the Amygdala boss first try :smug: Then went back to the chalice dungeon and twatted the fire dog thingy. Decided to start the DLC, man the old hunter enemies are wankers lol But the Augur of Ebreitas + the overhead attack with transformed Ludwig's Holy Blade = win, stun-lock the fuckers to death lol

After getting battered by Laurence, The First Vicar in the Bloodborne DLC about 15 times I crumbled and had a look at some online guides and realised that I jumped into it too early and I'm seriously underleveled :doh: so back to the main game for me (which feels a lot easier now after wrestling with the bastard hard DLC enemies lol ).

I've dropped a good few weeks wages in to a PC upgrade and really enjoying PUBG.. I get killed so easily on it but I'm always right back in for another round

Posted (edited)

I'm peeved that it's not out on PS4 :frown: Looks like a good game, the sort of online multiplayer I could get into (can't be doing with team play, as my school reports always said, I don't play well with others lol ).

Still playing Bloodborne, and going into the DLC too early (and having had to properly work out out the timing of attacks, transform attacks, parries and dodges) has definitely made the rest of the game easier, today I beat the Shadow of Yharnam boss(es) first time, then breezed through the forbidden castle and beat Martyr Logarius without dying, then did Bergenwyrth and killed Rom the Vacuous Spider on the second attempt :smug: (took 1 attempt to work out that you really have to kill his spider mobs first lol first time I just ran round them, attacked him and got murdered when they all jumped on me :doh: ). I think Bloodborne captures the spirit of Lovecraftian horror better than anything else has, even if the enemies aren't Great Cthulhu, Nyarlathotep etc by name (and you get to twat the old ones in the face with great big swords lol ), the atmosphere of madness and being alone against the cosmic horror of the elder gods is pure Lovecraft :)

Pre-ordered Far Cry 5 cos I've not spent much money recently and had some spare, may as well get the pre-order bonus even though I hate the very idea of pre-order bonuses, but I was gonna get it anyway).

Edited by Boojum
1 person likes this