Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mickle

What Games Are You Playing At The Moment?

3,189 posts in this topic

I was really disappointed with Doom, to be honest. Sure the shooting & ridiculous execution moves are fun, but non-respawning monsters and annoying level design (together with a less than useful map) meant that once I'd killed everything I'd then spend ages wandering round in circles trying to find the bloody key for the red door, then the key for the yellow door etc :headpain: I can cope with that sort of exploration in an RPG-type game, but in an all-action shooter it bores me, I just want to shoot more monsters lol

2 people like this

I'm still smashing CoD WW2 :badass:  Nearly 6th prestige, almost 4,000 throwing knife kills and 5,000 with my trench knife. lol 

People aren't happy lol fuk em :tv_horror:   

1 person likes this

Not sure if anyone else is still on a 360 but gold live has a few nice things atm. 

Army of Two for free. 

Red Dead Redemption 70% off. 

Far Cry series all 70% off. 

@botanics out of all the far cry's mate, which would you recomend? 

The first 2 are only a couple of quid, but 3 and 4 work out a bit more with DL content. 

Worth getting all of them? 

The disk drive is temperamental so I'm downloading games when free/cheap :yep:

I wouldn't bother with Far Cry Primal, but the rest are all worth a look, especially if you want to play through them all starting at the first one, cos they are all suitably different, with improvements from one to the next, to make it worthwhile (though I'd take a look for them pre-owned before buying them from the xbox store even on offer - Cex are selling the Xbox 360 Far Cry 3 for £3.50 :) I didn't play any of the DLC stuff so I dunno about that, but I find most DLC stuff to be meh at best and a complete waste of money at worst).

Can't wait for Far Cry 5 in a couple of months :)

Edited by Boojum
1 person likes this

Thanks for that @Boojum

I might do that, play the whole lot through. 

I dont think my disk drive is gonna last much longer so it's worth a quid or two to download :yep:

Just started Horizon : Zero Dawn, this has to be the most beautiful game I’ve ever experienced !  4K and HDR implementation is the best I’ve seen so far, everything just looks so nice :D 

1 person likes this

@tigseyjnr

I haven't played FC4 mate but of the three, the first was the best but is old now and was original xbox so dated graphically etc, however on 360 and between 2 and 3, then 2 wins it hands down, 3 is shite in comparison story wise...had some good elements, don't get me wrong but it was too easy to get around the map and tedious taking out the outposts and enemies stood out too easily with bright clothing...2 was a far better game, hard mode though for a proper go and in that game, you have to stay sharp, think and plan your routes because if you don't and you rush in, they own you mate and don't ease up...get the drop on them and it's funny as fuck...all play styles need to be used for missions too, take a few out at distance on the sly and then go loud like :headbang: 

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Jut said:

Just started Horizon : Zero Dawn, this has to be the most beautiful game I’ve ever experienced !  4K and HDR implementation is the best I’ve seen so far, everything just looks so nice :D 

Just bought the Complete Edition of this game, looking forward to getting stuck into it :)

Red Dead Redemption. 

Epic :yep:

3 people like this

I set my PS3 up in the living room and played Max Payne 3 the other day. Its nearly 6 years old and I think its a better quality than most of the games released on current generations. :rofl: Great fun jumping around in bullet time, got some really funny kill cams. For some reason I stopped playing it half way through when it was released. Not sure why, but glad I left it as its nice playing good quality games. Thank fuck for Rockstar. :rofl:

1 person likes this

On 17/01/2018 at 4:49 PM, tigseyjnr said:

Red Dead Redemption. 

Epic :yep:

I had a go on this for a while through PS Plus trial, fuck me it`s slow to start, wandering around on a horse following somebody, is it supposed to be like that? 

1 person likes this

lol it is a slow burn to begin with mate lol

A friend showed me this last night, quality video. I though LA Noire was good, but a bit much. It lacked a lot of shooting too, but I think it would make a great VR game. Sure makes a funny video.

On 24/01/2018 at 11:43 AM, KingBlueRizla said:

I set my PS3 up in the living room and played Max Payne 3 the other day. Its nearly 6 years old and I think its a better quality than most of the games released on current generations. :rofl: Great fun jumping around in bullet time, got some really funny kill cams. For some reason I stopped playing it half way through when it was released. Not sure why, but glad I left it as its nice playing good quality games. Thank fuck for Rockstar. :rofl:

I’m inclined to agree with you there, Max Payne 3 was one of those games I had to play every day until it was done. Not a lot has gripped me like that in 28 years of gaming. 

I’d love to see a 4K remaster 

1 person likes this

@Jut - I would like to see a re release on PS4. I don't think it needs remastering at all, just ported over. I wouldn't be surprised if Rockstar don't release a Max Payne trilogy on PS4 in the next year or two. For some reason I stopped playing Max Payne 3 half way through when it came out. An Assassin's Creed must have been released to take my attention away from it. :rofl:

I have Max Payne 1 on PS3, I didn't know I had it and was gonna buy it. Then I noticed it said Download and not Add To Cart. That was released in 2001, but from a few Youtube videos it doesn't look too old. Looks like he moves a bit funny, but should still be enjoyable.

The only thing I dislike about Max Payne 3 was when it was lying to me about loading during cutscenes. It told me it was loading, so I paused it and did some stuff in the grow room for a couple of hours. Came back and it still said loading. Just tell me you want me to watch the cutscene, don't lie to me about having to load. :wanker: