Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cambium

Farm For The Future

67 posts in this topic

OooooOOooo intrigued.. I'm on it. Nice one Cambo was getting restless..! :king:

:skin_up::eat:

How 400% increase in grazing herds can reverse desertification. Brilliant talk. I've read some of his Holistic management stuff before, but this is a good introduction to his work.

Now where the fuck did they put those wolves!

Edited by Cambium
9 people like this

Geoff Lawton is in the middle of a series of videos. They are free, but you have to give over an email addy. I haven't been getting anything other than emails telling me that the next video is available, no spam...... so far.

They are brilliant. With good examples of on the ground planning, design and implementation.

www.geofflawton.com

Mega bump.

3 people like this

@@Cambium Carol Micheals is doing some very interesting studies into phytorigins as an alternative to many medicines particularly for animals She is a bit smart is that woman. She made her name making performance enhancing drugs for race horses, that were undetectable, from plants. But understandably she grew disillusioned, and put her extensive knowledge of plant compounds to much better use, particularly for metabolic issues. I have been applying some of her theories and they seem to work. I encourage my animals to nibble on small amounts of what DEFRA would consider toxic and want removing. We are having fewer vet bills for sure and they look really healthy :) I watch my neighbours cows nibbling on all the same type of plants, and they are quite a relaxed healthy herd. Just need him to stop fertilising his land with NPK and let the natural grass species recolonise it, and he will be well on he way to reducing the number of lame animals he gets.

@@Cambium thanks for posting that :) very interesting indeed

@@mad elf two other very wise herbalist women are called Pat Coleby and Juliette De Bairacli Levy. They have 2 very different approaches, but their animals and pastures are on rude health. This Geoff Lawton character uses lots of the Coleby methods, especially the mineral mixes that she prepares for her livestock.

@@Cambium the deserts are man made, to some extent and can be reversed, more farmers are switching on to these methods. Have you heard of Joel Salatin, Polyface farm. He calls it mob stocking and refers to stock rates and the carrying capacity of the land. He employs electric fencing to divide up the grazing into blocks, then runs poultry after the cows have been in to eat all the maggots in the cow pats. I will get around to downloading your syntropy vid. Just the title is very interesting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juliette_de_Baïracli_Levy