Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cambium

Farm For The Future

67 posts in this topic

do you know any DVD's or Ebooks that are good?

Like just learning the basics, like those nitrogen fixing plants that were mentions and potash plants, I'm looking into getting a few acres in the south of england, plently of land out their doing nothing, put a caravan on it and start planting eh!!

I'd love to start collecting the seeds

I've mentioned some of the resources and researchers I use here, there's a world of it out there. Start now, where you are, don't wait for the acres, they might never come.

1 person likes this

I've mentioned some of the resources and researchers I use here, there's a world of it out there. Start now, where you are, don't wait for the acres, they might never come.

I dont even have a garden where I'm at now, although I could turn the house into a jungle lol....

1 person likes this

Farming is a successful industry but not if you want it to be profitable. An acre or two can successfully feed your family, clothe you and provide wood for fuel. It's about creating sustainable lifestyles within nature. It's about living a life of peace and beauty. Sure it's hard work and you're utterly dependent on nature, but you're free. And away from the shit hole that is noisy, polluted, dense urban environments.

:)

4 people like this

Excellent videos Cambium. :yep:

Hopefully the increase in need for farm labor will match that of people losing their jobs due ot the failure of the oil economies.

I can see far reaching implications in world politics in all of this as well. :wacko:

Does anyone know how I can save the first video to my hard drive? :blushing:

Edited by Randalizer

Randy get a flash player downloader app, most are free, you may need to try a few, its a large file, then go to the original site to get the movie.

1 person likes this

Cheers OT1! :yep:

And especially thank you for providing the link for the video. Downloading now.

I have to say, that video makes me sad. I wonder how well humans will survive an oil crisis.

Edited by Randalizer

I knew you needed the source site, just googled it, in fact there are lots of sites holding bits of the programme, but only google seem to have the whole prog, just tried Flash Video Downloader 2.app, it seems fast and does the job, it works with uTube and that ilk of flash vids as well.

Mate time moves on, I remember my dad telling me about his dad bringing in street musicians into his shop and recording them on wax cylinders and giving them a meal before sending them on their way, and how once radio started my dad being a lad between them they built a cats whisker receiver with a germanium crystal, it needed a 100ft + radio aerial and good earth to drive it. I went back to my birth town the other day, every thing I knew was gone, all the roads houses, it was all new glass and concrete. Its less than a hundred years, what would my granddad think of my mobile, or my iMac, really thats all the time modern agriculture has been extant and in that time literally destroyed the rich farm land of this country.

1 person likes this

whelp. lol

So the file is being saved as a .flv Unfortunately it seems like quicktime doesn't play nice with .flv. Does anyone have any suggestions? I checked the Apple site and there are no known codecs to help with .flv files. I'm using flash video downloader 2.

The other thing that is odd is that it won't give the file the name I put in the filename cell.

:cheers:

thats all the time modern agriculture has been extant and in that time literally destroyed the rich farm land of this country.

Not just your country I'm afraid. :sadwalk:

Edited by Randalizer

Use vlc player, again its free, it should be on every mac, I use it for nearly all types of movies, seems to recognise every file type.

2 people like this

Cheers OT1. :D

And yes, that worked! :yahoo:

:cheers:

Edited by Randalizer

i've got about 25 ebooks all on permaculture and food forests, all obtained legally through amazon. Including all the Bill mollison books pluss many more if anyone is interested PM me and i'll send you them either email or i can post them online somewhere.

I watched a fantastic Aussie documentary on Permaculture a while back, I had filed it under "extremely promising/revolutionary" in my brain.

Thanks for posting this Cambium, that's what I had meant to pursue but forgotten :wink: .

keep it up

Bill

The Man Who Planted Trees (French title L'homme qui plantait des arbres), also known as The Story of Elzéard Bouffier, The Most Extraordinary Character I Ever Met, and The Man Who Planted Hope and Reaped Happiness, is an allegorical tale by French author Jean Giono, published in 1953.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Planted_Trees

One of my favourite books ..we'll ahead of it's time in 1957 ..written like a kid's book very easy to read ..but if you can't lay hands on the book then the 30min animation(canadian cinema 1987) narrated by Christopher plumber is pretty good ...smoke up and enjoy

no subtitles ..but lower quality

http://vimeo.com/15389692

Edited by weed_G