Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tie-Fighter

best size pots for auto-flowers

38 posts in this topic

what is the best size pots for auto-flowers? 6ltr or 11ltr? for sweet seeds fast bud.

cheers

1 person likes this

hey from what ive read on here i'd go with the 11l, aparantly auto do better in bigger pots....

1 person likes this

Hi mates!

As final pots for autos I use 7 ltr or 11 ltr. Next time I will have some with 11 ltr and some with 17 ltr to see how they compare.

But it all depends also on the space you have available. If you can get all the plants you want in the space available using 11 ltr pots, then go for it.

Good luck with them, if you need any advice when they start growing post pics and infos over here so we can help you.

Sweet smokes! :skin_up:

|tommy_g|

1 person likes this

Hi mates!

As final pots for autos I use 7 ltr or 11 ltr. Next time I will have some with 11 ltr and some with 17 ltr to see how they compare.

But it all depends also on the space you have available. If you can get all the plants you want in the space available using 11 ltr pots, then go for it.

Good luck with them, if you need any advice when they start growing post pics and infos over here so we can help you.

Sweet smokes! :skin_up:

|tommy_g|

cheers for the advice, i am growing in a dr100 tent, 6 fast bud

1 person likes this

Hey mate!

Well if you have 1 square meter and only 6 plants you should use 11 litre pots, or bigger.

Stay cool! Good luck with them! :spliff:

|tommy_g|

2 people like this

I'm currently growing a Fast Bud in a 7.5 litre round pot, she's lovin' it & grew over 3 foot

2 people like this

Do you start in these big pots?

Or do you pot on, like you would normally?

1 person likes this

Hi mate!

In my personal opinion, if you know the right days to transplant them and if you do it right on time it is much better to "pot on", as you say, than to start in the final pots.

My favourite way to grow autos indoor:

• 4 plants in an homebox XS (60cmx60cm) or 9 plants in an homebox L (1 square meter;
  • Start with 200-300ml pots, from germination till day 9;
  • Pot on 3 litre pots from day 9 to day 18;
  • Use 18 litre pots from day 18 to harvest (4 of this pots fit perfectly in the homebox XS and 9 on the homebox L;
  • 400wHPS from the homebox XS and 600wHPS for the homebox L;
  • As soil I use Canna Bio Plus or Canna Profesional Plus, but I prefer the bio 'cause the Profesional Plus is too strong for plants with such a short flowering period.

If you want to start directly in the final pots since germination you have to be very careful with the way you water the plants. An excess of water may stay in the soil where the roots of small "baby plants" can not reach it and the soil may take a few days to dry, which is not good for the plants an usually their growth stops for a few days because of this. Then, as autos start flowering when they get to their 20th-30th day since germination, you can't wait until they have a good size to change to 12/12, they will start flowering no matter the size they have... and that's one of the main resons why some people get really small plants out of "autoflowering seeds". You would have to water them with just a little bit of water in the begining and then you'd have to increase the amount of water little by little, following up the development of the plants root system ;)

And besides this and using a good extractor it's all about the quality of the genetics and to me they all did great.

Here's a couple of threads to prove it:

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=243225&st=90

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=259356&st=45

Keep it sweet! :oldtoker:

|tommy_g|

Edited by Sweet Seeds
6 people like this

Thanks for the info.

Yes, I was worried about how to water tiny seedlings in such big pots etc..

So I'm glad there's a potting-on option to try :)

1 person likes this

hi there tie,makes no differance in my opinion,done side by side,one on the left is blackjack auto, in 15 litre pot,other is fastbud in 6.5,as you can see there is no diff between thempost-2101-0-48975600-1318175999_thumb.jpg

if anything the fast bud is bigger will let you know when it's weighed

Edited by jjl
2 people like this

Hey jjl!

Your Fast Bud is really amazing, great production for a 6,5 litre pot. The size of the main stem is really unbelievable. I still think that this Fast Bud you're showing in a 15 litre pot would produce at least 20% more than she's producing right now. But each grower can get his results and they can be different, obviously ;)

Here's one from my experience:

gallery_44939_3332_43753.jpg

Left: SAD Auto in a 11 litre pot

Right: SAD Auto in a 18 litre pot with 15 litres of soil

Maybe depending on the grow techniques of each grower a bigger pot may or may not be a factor that increases production.

Keep it sweet mates! And thank you very much for the pic jjl, really nice :yep:

|tommy_g|

1 person likes this

hi tommy, sorry i should have said mine are in coco,i think in soil the bigger the potsize the better,cheers .....jjl

Oh, of course, I now realise it by taking a second look at the pic, hehehe ;)

But that's interesting anyway my friend, thanks! :yep:

Cheers!

|tommy_g|

hi there tie,makes no differance in my opinion,done side by side,one on the left is blackjack auto, in 15 litre pot,other is fastbud in 6.5,as you can see there is no diff between thempost-2101-0-48975600-1318175999_thumb.jpg

if anything the fast bud is bigger will let you know when it's weighed

jjl your autos are quite amazing! I certainly hope mine are even half the plants yours are.

Do you have a diary on here, or can you summarize your feeding regime? im blown away!

1 person likes this

hi there hell9,dont have a diary,but ill give you a rundown of what i do,from the start these plants like light the more the better,that goes without saying really,these two plants had the luxury of a 600watt each, start them of in anything small,after they pop and have a set of leaves,straight under a 400 watt metalhalide for 12 days then potted on to 6.5 litre,i keep them on halide till about day 18 20 then swich to hps they will be flowering soon,normal plants flower for eight weeks, auto four or five so three weeks of a differance,so the auto has a more advanced time schedule,personally when they start flower they are on full strength nutes for me that is 3 mil a and b canna nutes half a mil hammerhead per litre every second watering watch the leaves going dark green with the hammerhead if it does cut it back,second week of flower up to 1 mill hammerhead every second watering,oh i water once a day till they are established in there 6.5 pots, then its one litre twice a day,they say you cant overwater in coco but when they are young you can, when you have loads of roots go for it,i cut the hammerhead out after three weeks, as i said keep an eye on the leaves dark gren stop the hammerhead,from these two dry i had 5 ounce EACH, for a auto thats remarkable cant see me going past sweet seeds now.anything els just ask......jjl

3 people like this