Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Derek23

The last twitch or a brave new world?

449 posts in this topic

Whatever creepy agenda Peter Reynolds may or may not have he is saying the right things now; a campaign arguing for proper control and regulation with a respectable image (don't bother Arnie), if there is a chance this is going to happen I want to try to make it be a reality.

What's this nonsense of personal growers being allowed to grow a maximum of 6 plants then Derek ? Is that what you consider to be "proper control and regulation" ? It's quite obvious that this 6 plant "policy" is the brainchild of someone with no cultivation experience whatsoever.Personal cultivators operate within a myriad of variables - their needs,their growing spaces etc etc.

Let's assume a (perpetual) grower kept a mother...that would mean he or she could only have 3 plants in flower with another 2 in veg for the next rotation.So over a year,some 15 plants can be harvested.Let's further assume that those plants produce 1 to 2 ounces of bud...now that might be enough for some,but for others it may be woefully inadequate.And what about people like myself who prefer hashish over bud ? I'll tell you from experience,that up until I was busted last year,I had several mothers,120 plants in flower,40 in veg,40 cuttings - all year round...and that was strictly for my own personal,hash producing needs.

Seems to me that this "proper control" that you speak of is,in a certain respect, a control of people's consumption of cannabis,which should not be subject to any control whatsoever.

I have to ask Derek what did you get banned for?

I tried to take over the LCA, tell people what to do and caused arguments apparently.

Actually I tried to convince them of the need to create a campaign that could be taken seriously, that actually engaged with the debate that was going on (cannabis was in the news daily) and that it needed to actually propose some kind of workable framework for law reform. I suggested certain campaigns such as a safer smoking campaign aimed against tobacco use - back in 2000 I wanted to promote the idea of tobacco free coffeeshops for example - but these were labelled either "partial prohibition" or "against the freedom of choice", mostly by Alun.

But I kept on trying for years and what finally got me banned was when I criticised Winston for posting a picture of himself in an slideshow featured on the front page of the website titled "Winnie coming up on shrooms in Amsterdam". Winston was a leading member of the LCA committee at the time and a picture like that was clearly unacceptable. He was either a saboteur or an idiot beyond description and I said so once too often.

Derek

What's this nonsense of personal growers being allowed to grow a maximum of 6 plants then Derek ? Is that what you consider to be "proper control and regulation" ? It's quite obvious that this 6 plant "policy" is the brainchild of someone with no cultivation experience whatsoever.Personal cultivators operate within a myriad of variables - their needs,their growing spaces etc etc.

Let's assume a (perpetual) grower kept a mother...that would mean he or she could only have 3 plants in flower with another 2 in veg for the next rotation.So over a year,some 15 plants can be harvested.Let's further assume that those plants produce 1 to 2 ounces of bud...now that might be enough for some,but for others it may be woefully inadequate.And what about people like myself who prefer hashish over bud ? I'll tell you from experience,that up until I was busted last year,I had several mothers,120 plants in flower,40 in veg,40 cuttings - all year round...and that was strictly for my own personal,hash producing needs.

Seems to me that this "proper control" that you speak of is,in a certain respect, a control of people's consumption of cannabis,which should not be subject to any control whatsoever.

I'm not signing up to or promoting any specific policy, all I support is the stated aim of creating a respectable campaign that can be taken seriously, nothing more.

My own feeling about this sort of thing though is that home growing should be free, totally unrestricted just as home brewing is, with the proviso that any home grown crop cannot be sold or traded, just given away, again, just like with home brewed beer.

The commercial trade should be tightly controlled IMO. That means licensed dealers, crops grown from regulated seeds, age limits for sales yadayada, you get the drift.

But that's my opinion, not something that anyone in the LCA is proposing atm.

Derek

The number of members says it all , I've met a lot of cannabis users and only one of

them has anything to do with the LCA . He's a disgruntled ex-member

Edited by Squaggles

The commercial trade should be tightly controlled IMO. That means licensed dealers, crops grown from regulated seeds, age limits for sales yadayada, you get the drift.

Forgive my ignorance,but what exactly is a "regulated seed " ? :unsure:

Would an un-regulated seed be prone to cause a trouble that a regulated seed would not ?

1 person likes this

I'm not signing up to or promoting any specific policy, all I support is the stated aim of creating a respectable campaign that can be taken seriously, nothing more.

My own feeling about this sort of thing though is that home growing should be free, totally unrestricted just as home brewing is, with the proviso that any home grown crop cannot be sold or traded, just given away, again, just like with home brewed beer.

But that's my opinion, not something that anyone in the LCA is proposing atm.

Derek

I think thats a reasonable policy Derek . I would accept cannabis been treated in a similar

way to alcohol . Alcohol is a potentially dangerous drug which kills people but I don't want

people buying it from a dealer and not knowing whats in it

Edited by Squaggles

i believe in freedom, i also believe in equality, so while i'm free to grow and smoke cannabis, the law is equaly in there right to punish me, but i'm still free to grow and smoke cannabis, they take away i put back, its just a cycle. we are all free to do as we please, just so long as you can take the consequences, and i hope nobody want to do something bad.

Forgive my ignorance,but what exactly is a "regulated seed " ? :unsure:

Would an un-regulated seed be prone to cause a trouble that a regulated seed would not ?

Well, to be honest I'm not sure. But I buy seeds for my allotment which promise to grow a certain type of carrot and they always do. They are F1 hybids which are what it says on the pack. How does that work if not through some kid of regulation? I doubt it's just the goodwill and honesty of the seed company that produced them?

Derek

Edit: Seems seeds are regulated hxxp://www.fera.defra.gov.uk/plants/seeds/seedCertification/seedLegislation.cfm appraently

Edited by Joolz
to remove live link to gov website

Well you can buy cannabis seeds legally as far as I'm aware

Yeah, but how do you know that what you're buying really is, say, a strawberry cough?

Derek

Yeah, but how do you know that what you're buying really is, say, a strawberry cough?

Derek

Yeah , but how do you know your calvin klein boxer shorts from ebay are really

calvin klein ? I'm not sure

Well to be fair Squaggles I wouldn't buy my F1 hybird food seeds from ebay.

Imagine how our food supply would be if the mass market were supplied by an unregulated seed industry. Cannabis grown by a large scale industry would be the same surely?

Remember, I'm not thinking of small scale hobby growers here but large scale farms turning out a standard crop. I can understand if you wouldn't want to touch it with the disinfected end of a bong, but most would and you happily eat food grown to that sort of specification.

Derek

Edited by Derek23

honestly Derek and this is with a smile but you really need to get over the strainism, the strain and high we enjoy is a personal thing and a personal choice, none though are dangerous, if there is a mix up or you try something unfamiliar... it's not going to kill you... I would welcome the widest selection available in retail and an open choice, bad producers and unpopular would be whittled out by customer choice

Cannabis seeds aren't regulated in the same way in the UK because they aren't sold to produce a plant. They are sold as souvenirs. Not too sure what that has to do with the lca though.

75! wow lol

Edited by HvyFuel

Well to be fair Squaggles I wouldn't buy my F1 hybird food seeds from ebay.

Imagine how our food supply would be if the mass market were supplied by an unregulated seed industry. Cannabis grown by a large scale industry would be the same surely?

Remember, I'm not thinking of small scale hobby growers here but large scale farms turning out a standard crop. I can understand if you wouldn't want to touch it with the disinfected end of a bong, but most would and you happily eat food grown to that sort of specification.

Derek

I'm not even disagreeing with you Derek . A step in the right direction is fine by me , We aren't even doing that at the moment .