Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Derek23

The last twitch or a brave new world?

449 posts in this topic

I know how closely you guys follow developments in the LCA, but this one is possibly significant, it happened yesterday as the inevitable bad feeling between Alun and Peter started to develop. Alun has resigned.

Let me try to make my position clear

I have always said, rightly or wrongly, that I did not want to see the LCA with a leadership, always refused to take on that role.

In previous debates membership always voted not to have a leader

It was proposed and I agreed that LCA Membership cold be asked again, this time 2 questions: should the LCA re-register as a party and should we elect a leader

My personal feelings which I did not hide, was that we should re-register but not elect a leader

I personally organised the vote as fast as I could, printing the ballot papers and posting to all LCA members

About half replied with a YES on both questions having the majority

Despite the fact that i disagreed, candidates having been invited, we had two prospective leaders - Peter and Stuart: both illustrated their ability to get published, both excellent LCA spokespersons as have been and could be others; neither, however, represented me

Despite, I organised the election and posted the ballot forms and "manifesto's" to all candidates

The election closes at noon tomorrow - Saturday was really the last chance for people to post in their votes

I had already decided that i would resign from LCA if LCA elected a leader - before even knowing who the candidates were definitely going to be

Although i had told a very few friends, some of whom may have believe done and some not, i did not make public that i intended to resign because I did not want to influence the vote

But I have always made clear I felt strongly that I would not want to be part of a a party with a leader

In the meantime I have passed details to Jan and Mark to continue running most things and a few days ago I told the Admin team including the candidates that before they register the Party they will need to find a new Treasurer and open a new bank account, update the Constitution and Create "Finance Scheme "(legal requirements) and they may need an accountant to do the electoral commission income and expense returns, and that they would need a Nominating officer.

I made it clear that I would not take those roles and responsibility.

I told Peter that i saw no place for me in the LCA of the future. His reply was to invite me to be "Chair" but without telling me even what that would involve, but in any case I had told him in Witham that i would not be Chair.

Had I waited until the election result is declared then my resignation could have been seen as lack of confidence in the elected leader, rather than lack of confidence in the concept of LCA leadership. Had I resigned before the election it ,may have unfairly influenced the vote

Had I wanted ANYBODY as leader, I would have stood for election. I did not do so because I did not want the job and thought that maybe this will take the LCA down a different and more effective road. But i stick with my principles

I have said now that i don't think either candidate will make a good LCA leader and that is no disrespect to them: I don't know anybody that would make a good leader of such a diverse alliance.

Yesterday and today I have raed Peter saying much more than he did on his manifesto, saying that he was embarrassed by the LCA web site, fliers, instead of just saying it needs improving, which i think few would disagree with. To me that is dishing the efforts of those that have tried.

Instead of supporting and thanking those that have done the hard work behind the scenes, he throws open his arms to those that have created the problems that the LCA has faced, caused disruption and told blatant lies - people that have publicly accused him of being an undercover cop, people that caused trouble already for his British Medical Cannabis Users Council. THAT made me extremely angry. Surprise surprise up pop a couple of the usual anonymous trolls that come here seemingly only to start rows and he agree with them.

So I was angry, and decided on the spot not to wait til later in the day - as I said my intention was to resign after the vote was finally closed and before the result was announced.

Since then i have had further accusations from peter that i have walked away and shirked my responsibility and would not see the LCA member's wishes implemented and on the one hand saying how much respect for me he has and on the other questioning my integrity suggesting I may not hand over everything - which I have already done. I am not stupid and fully realised all along that should I next day be in prison or even dead, then others had all the passwords and information ready to carry on - not people that suddenly emerged out the blue saying they had been campaigning for 30 years yet nobody I know has ever heard of him until last year (Peter) whom I do not know - or even Stuart whom i have sen about for a couple of years but do not really know - but people I have known and trusted for years, like Jan and Mark and Don. For all I know Peter could be anyone, Stuart could be anyone, and I will certainly not hand over people's personal details to them and I don't see that as necessary - Jan is the registered Data Control Agent and is unable by law to hand over details to anyone without their permission. Jan and Chris have authority to handle the bank account and as I told Peter, when the new bank account is set up by the new treasurer then the funds can be transferred.

So I hope that clarifies my situation - I will readily participate in the instigation of the new leader(s) - I will provide what information is required.

One of the things Alun never managed to understand was that he was the LCA leader, the whole thing was his project. So now they've had a leadership election and either Peter Reynolds or some other guy I don't know will inherit the crown.

I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats... Actually this could be significant, things can only get better!

Derek

who cares

we declared this site an LCA free zone some time ago Del :wassnnme:

Nothing. Trying to think of a comment but really couldn't give a fuck. The Monster Raving Loonies will have some competition for the party with the least votes again.

wow :yawn:

:rofl: What a crock of idiots and shit-flingers!

:yahoo: UK420 = LCA free zone, me like that idea Joolz, me like muchly abundantly a lot.

someone I work with buys the daily mail, just had to make sure you understood that before continuing, I always have a flick for comedic value. Peter had a letter published in response to something one of their columnists had written on Sunday, it should still be here, I'll see if I can scan it if anyone is interested?7

LCA = Joke.

Peter Reynolds = Joke.

who ?

someone I work with buys the daily mail, just had to make sure you understood that before continuing, I always have a flick for comedic value. Peter had a letter published in response to something one of their columnists had written on Sunday, it should still be here, I'll see if I can scan it if anyone is interested?7

lol Yeh yeh u love the mail!! U like to roll it up and get busy with it like some primitive sextoy! :-)...so I hear :P

lol on a serious note, gonna see if u can find the article ;-)

I thought you'd find that exciting news! (I've said it before but this site really needs a sarcasm smiley)

Derek

here derek save this and use it when needed lolpost-26220-0-44892100-1297708184_thumb.gif

here derek save this and use it when needed lolpost-26220-0-44892100-1297708184_thumb.gif

Just what we need - Joolz can this be added to the smiley collection please? So never let it be said the LCA didn't achieve anything, they created a sarcasm smiley.

Derek

As some may know the LCA has had a hand grenade thrown into the middle of it and a coup d'etat ensued.

I have no ties with the LCA but find recent proceedings very strange my 'mark kennedy' alarm is going haywire.

Peter 'odious' reynolds is the new leader of the LCA.

I never had any problems with the guy until the BMCR thread here, i used to read his blog with interest.

But somethin is off, i can't put my finger on specifics, the way he has literally infiltrated and caused serious dischord within the whole canna community and not only become the LCAs spokeperson but now leader?! cmon WTF is goin on here?

Recall some of the comments about tokers?

Recall the vitriol against anyone who dares question him?

I know most of you hate the LCA but i think we need to watch their back because at the moment they are unable to.

Changes are indeed needed, but is peter reynolds the answer to theirs and our shared problem?

I find it interesting that Peter Reynolds claims to have been a cannabis campaigner for 30 years

and nobody had ever heard of him until recently

As for the LCA I don't think they had any credibility anyway

I have no ties with the LCA but find recent proceedings very strange my 'mark kennedy' alarm is going haywire.

I've just had a look at his facebook profile pic. I see what you mean

Edited by sam-i-am