Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ellis

The Cage

HI

I am really interested in buying a cage and was wondering if any of you guys have any experience in growing in one. I was also wondering how the lights are set up.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers ;)

Hi there, and welcome to UK420!

Most people come here to learn how to save money! Any advice given on the "cage" would be teaching you how to spend it needlessly!

Last I saw the cage was running at around £1500....a massive amount of money for a half a dozen or so plastic pipes.

The light is somehow mounted in the centre of the cage, giving optimum light around 360 degrees, (thats the theory anyhow).

If your heart is set on a large set up like that, for a hundred quid or so you could build yourself a "stadium" grow, using some drainage guttering, block ends and some creative hack-sawing! Add a pump and some "plumbing" and you're away!

Or for the price of 200 fags, a simple NFT 205 table will give champagne results for beer money, but ultimately the choice is yours!

Good luck and happy growing!

RD

HI

Cheers, what would a stadium grow look like? Would it be easy to build.

Thanks for your help.

It looks similar to the jumbo gulley system seen HERE on this american website, but the gulleys are "staggered", with the front gulley being lowest and the back gulley being highest, (a bit like stadium seating - hence the name)!

Maximum light from a single lamp, to as many plants as will fit in the stadium!

So what you planning on growing? Is this the first grow for you?

I have seen this cage advertised for between £1000 - £1750 but I notice those selling do not mention lighting for V growing !!!

Moreover there seems to be no screen to make for a safety barrier between plant material and potentially warm lighting.

I agree with Y DG sentiments. Too expensive.

dt

HI

i am gonna grow white widow as i can get some cuttings easily. I have done three crops now all in a GT 424. Really appreciate your advice. ;)

Cheers, what would a stadium grow look like? Would it be easy to build.

stadium setup

the one in the link is aeroponic, but if building your own, nft would be easiest way