Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaChunky1

River Monsters Jeremy Wade

50 posts in this topic

New series on ITV4 now. Wolf fish :guitar:

DC1

[/quot

Jeremy Wade is a geezer,I watched him again last night fishing in the DRC for Tiger-fish,then I turned over and watched namby-pamby Robson Green fishing in Cuba,his histrionics when he lands something decent are cringeworthy,aparently he is a nice guy as he lives not far away and I have chatted to a few people who have met him but I couldnt fish with him,it would drive me crackers,Jeremy Wade and Robson should have an X-treme fish-off competition :wink:

Did you get to go fishing in Thailand DaChunky1? :unsure:

Did you get to go fishing in Thailand DaChunky1? :unsure:

Yo Penny, no i didnt go mate. :(

DC1

Just a heads up that the new series starts a 6pm on ITV today.

Joint and cup o tea ready for that I reckon.

Happy new year

DC1

1 person likes this

Jeremy Wade is f*cking awesome but the new series isnt as good as his first,its more a general fishing program :unsure:

Ive watched the first 3 seasons over the last week and ive found them all brilliant so far, the bloke is awesome really fearless in some instances im not too sure about night fishing in a tiny little boat in caymen infested waters :unsure:

One of my favourite episodes so far is the tribal one, where he makes a kite from banana leaves and a lure from spiderswebs that drags beneath without a hook on it as the web tangles on the fishes mouth.

1 person likes this

Havent seen that one Ganja,will watch out for it :guitar: Did you see the one where his soundman or one of his team was struck by lightning on the head?

1 person likes this

Been a fan of Jeremy Wade for years, also check out his older Jungle Hooks series.. at least check the plane crash incident on youtube or something :)

The pictures of him and the tigerfish are wicked.. do an internet image search

1 person likes this

I saw the one where his light aircraft crashed,that tiger-fish is incredible,check out some of his old books,they go for a couple of hundred quid :unsure:

1 person likes this

Did you see the one where his soundman or one of his team was struck by lightning on the head?

i actually watched that episode last night, thats really gotta hurt :headpain:. i havent seen any of the jungle hooks series, im going to get my hands on rivers monsters series 4 next.

gallery_4390_5981_37895.jpg

The Tiger fish is pretty mean looking

2 people like this

Thats the fish of a lifetime mate :yinyang:

I watched that episode with the goliath tiger fish, unbelievable looking creature really, I certainly wouldn't be unhooking it by hand :wassnnme: , I also liked the way that the whole village of circa 200 people got a meal from it.

One thing I couldn't believe & still have problems getting my head around is the depth of that river, 720 FT or 220 meters + whichever way you want to look at it, I would imagine that the are still some undiscovered species down there :ninja:

1 person likes this

I would imagine that the are still some undiscovered species down there

Theres a pic in one of his books,some creature rolling on the surface of the amazon,he said it was big and unknown,it looks huge but you cant work out exactly what it is from the pic :unsure: There are new creatures being discovered often,a new fish recently,a new species of owl,stoll lots of mysterious creatures out there to surprise us :ninja: