Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaChunky1

River Monsters Jeremy Wade

50 posts in this topic

Got myself the boxset after catching (pun) it a few times on ITV. Ive been a fisherman all my life and didnt even dream beast like this could live in river systems. Going to book me and family a Thailand fishing trip i think. The Bull Sharks way of adapting to fresh water is quite carzy. A fucking shark in a river :ninja:

Any of you dudes n dudets watched the program?

This is a Tiger fish

post-53410-1290815885_thumb.jpg post-53410-1290816294_thumb.jpg

This is the weirdist thing ive ever seen

post-53410-1290816100_thumb.jpg

A giant freshwater ray at 450lb. They go over 700lb

post-53410-1290816205_thumb.jpg

This in a river, Austrailia

post-53410-1290816460_thumb.jpg

DC1

1 person likes this

Awesome ray :rofl: wow :ninja:

- haven't seen it but I'll look out for it now.

what's the thing above the ray pic ? Eel ? Lamprey ? Hagfish or something equally wierd ?

blow away by that ray lol

Not sure what they call it here, but in the Congo where its from they call it an eel. Not like the ones we know. Slimy little feckers.

Edit: just found they have alot of the shows on youtube :wink:

Edited by DaChunky1

Awesome show, although I watched it recently and it seemed shorter than usual :wink:

Plus it used to be on at about 11pm, is it still?

Great show, great to watch stoned as he's pretty chilled

The thing above the ray is a catfish. what an ugly fucker it is too haha!

Its been on itv random times on tuesday nights.Sometime 7.00pm, sometimes 8.00pm. Extreme fishing is normaly on after at 9.00pm channel fiver. But that Robson is a cock i think. A vey lucky cock though. :wink:

Edited by DaChunky1

Its been on itv random times on tuesday nights.Sometime 7.00pm, sometimes 8.00pm. Extreme fishing is normaly on after at 9.00pm channel fiver. But that Robson is a cock i think. A vey lucky cock though. lol

Shame as it's an awesome show

:yahoo: I often think the same about extreme fishing, I like watching it as there are some cool places to fish featured but as you say Robson can be a right bellend, like whenever he get's a big fish he pussies out and gets the the expert to get it in, fair enough but don't claim it as your own ;) Then again I did laugh that time he was with the guy's smoking weed :D

e2a. as for river monster's I just love the test's and stuff he does to see if claim's are true etc, great stuff

Edited by WeedIsFree

Your spot on there WeedIsFree. He reels them fish in like a man possesd. Im suprised he doesnt snap more rods or fuck a few reels up. Think its because he comes from fly fishing. Quite a leap i feel.

Had to put this on. Its a Arapima. I love the way they light up with red streaks when feel thretend. This is top of my list to catch next year.

post-53410-1290864606_thumb.jpg

DC1

Had to put this on. Its a Arapima. I love the way they light up with red streaks when feel thretend. This is top of my list to catch next year.

post-53410-1290864606_thumb.jpg

DC1

Heavy days, reminds me of a documentary I watched a while back. This guy was traveling up the Amazon basin and opted to help catch one of these in an enclosed commercial fish farm that was packed with some giants. Seeing the speed and power of those fish as the fishermen came closer with the net was awe inspiring. According to local folklore they have enough power to kill a man and have done so in the past. Not hard to believe when you see them bolting out of the water while trying to make a 'run' for it.

I only found out not long ago that we get Zambezi sharks in a local river more than 30km inland from the sea! To think that I swam in that river many times as a child blissfully unaware that they were there is pretty hectic. I'm amazed at their ability to tolerate fresh water.

hxxp://blogs.timeslive.co.za/wanderer/2009/02/19/zambezi-shark-tracked-30km-up-breede-river/

I know dude, they are a crazy beast. Although they are not trying to harm people, them leaping to get away from nets and hitting the fishermen will do serious damage. Not alot you can do when uncontious underwater.

DC1

This is a Goonch, a type of catfish. They have aquired a taste for dead human flesh. Found in a India river system where bodies of dead people were placed.

post-53410-1290874118_thumb.jpg

This is a Nile perch. A long way off what we call a Perch here

post-53410-1290958815_thumb.jpg

DC1

Alligator Gar. What a fantastic looking species.

post-53410-1290959906_thumb.jpg

DC1

This is a Cuiu Cuiu, A catfish from Amazon rivers. How weird is that?

post-53410-1290960156_thumb.jpg

DC1