Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest papaduc

Tastiest sweet seeds strain?

I'm enjoying cream caramel and jack47 right now, the jack has a lemon detergent taste to it!? and the cream caramels have different notes depending on the particular plant, but they range from fruity and a bit bubblegummy, to a tiny bit skunky to smooth and rich. They're nice tasty smooth smokes at this point and they haven't even been slow dried or cured yet, so I'm impressed.

I've been impressed with the genetics from sweet seeds. They're good strong plants with good yields and good flavour.

What are the tastiest you've grown?

I'm especially interested in green poison, Ice cool and moham ram. Anyone done these?

Edited by papaduc

1 of the phenos of the Ice cool I grew out will stay in my collection for many years.. Sweetest tasting grapefruit flavour with a great yield.. I am not sure what they crossed their NYCD with but it certainly worked.

Edited by madgiz

Only had the privilege of tasting Speed Devil (auto) so far and it doesn't disappoint. I wouldn't call it outstanding on any front, but all round it's very nice indeed - very smooth and quite fruity.

I've also got 2 Green Poison which I'll be harvesting on Christmas Eve :stoned: one of them already has a lovely citrus smell to it.

green poison is tasty as is are the devils

I found Wild Rose particularly tasty, they seem to be tasty seeds in the main.

The Ice cool was my favourite :)

BlacK Jack, very strong and unique taste in my limited experience, quite different from the usual.

Green Poison , is a very tasty smoke after a cure. Im shite at describing weed especially from memory burrrt he we go ..... I remember it been musty tasting , with a sort of sweet after taste & oozing with resin on each bud not matter how small. The one I had was done in 7ish weeks but if you leave it til around 8 - 8 & a 1/2 weeks its a dropper.

Check out my grow diary poppa's garden near the front has the last grow I did of a single GP . i'll certainly be growing it again .

Poppa :)

I'm enjoying cream caramel and jack47 right now, the jack has a lemon detergent taste to it!? and the cream caramels have different notes depending on the particular plant, but they range from fruity and a bit bubblegummy, to a tiny bit skunky to smooth and rich. They're nice tasty smooth smokes at this point and they haven't even been slow dried or cured yet, so I'm impressed.

I've been impressed with the genetics from sweet seeds. They're good strong plants with good yields and good flavour.

What are the tastiest you've grown?

I'm especially interested in green poison, Ice cool and moham ram. Anyone done these?

Hi papaduc! Nice to hear from you :)

Among the 3 strains you say that you are specially interested I would choose Mohan Ram. I've grown it several times and it never disapointed me, always a sweet strong taste and the plants always look the same. It is quick and productive. But I never did the Green Poisons and Ice Cool I only tried it from a friend, so maybe they are equally sweet, hehehe.

Sweet Afgani Delicious is another one you should try, just like Wild Rose or Snow Fruit.

Did I told you guys that Sweet Seeds will have some new autoflowering strains very soon? From January 2011 we will have Cream Caramel Auto, SAD Auto and Black Jack Auto. I have some to try and I'm very well impressed with the results I'm getting so far. But hey, this doesn't belong to this thread, hehehe...

Stay cool and sweet smokes!

|tommy_g|

Cream Caramel Auto, SAD Auto and Black Jack Auto :clapping:

i would love to try these :)

BlacK Jack, very strong and unique taste in my limited experience, quite different from the usual.

Forgot about that one, yeah BlackJack, Looooovely flavas!!! :!:

haha, looks like there's not gonna be a definitive answer to this thread, just about all the SS strains been mentioned already :rofl:

Cream Caramels the nicest tasting - very more-ish, decent yielding, but not the strongest (still strong thou) compared to ....

Jack 47, has a more fuelly/lemon flavour to it - heavy yielding strong shit. Not so more-ish cause you'll be fucked haha, and ....

Sweet Cheese, which I found a good balance of the 2 previous strains mentioned. Decent to very good yield, nearly as sweet as the CC, and nearley as strong as J47- a good all rounder that's my fave SS strain.

Black Jack I've yet to sample (end of Feb I reckon :!: )

eta

Jack 47 Smoke Report

Best yielding plant I've grown so far. She smokes similar to the Cole Train but with a bit more of a sweeter flavour but less fuelly. Definately a high quality strain, that is stronger than the likes of Cream Caramel and Green Poison but not as tasty or done in 8 weeks. Don't let this short report put you off this strain as it's the best stuff I've grown (overall) to date cool.gif

SWEET CHEESE SMOKO REPORT

This is the best strain I've grown by Sweet Seeds yet. Between the likes of the 90% indica doms (Green Poison Cream Caramel ect) it would be hard to call a favorite. Not now - this is the one. A 70% sat dom with a nicer uplifting stone, that said it still hammers ya, not good for smoking when you need stuff done. When I say uplifting, I mean your brain is more alert, very aware of how stoned you are but without sending you to sleep. Not the best at describing flavours but it does taste sweet. I do like the stone on this one, very nice long lasting buzz. GET SOME

CREAM CARAMEL SMOKE REPORT

Cream Caramel is a nice (90%) indica that is as sweet and smooth as the name suggests. You feel the saliva in yr mouth when smokin this, like smoking opal fruits, or is that starburst now ? Compared to the Green Poison, I think this is more tasty with a heavier stone. The Gp was more pungent smelling but the Cc has a more 'whole' stone. Nothing missing to this indica stone.

You will get coutchlock quite quickly if you have a couple of these. The stone is nice and sits you down with a nice feeling of overall relaxation, a good strain for those who get para off more 'edgy' buzzin strains. Thou you will get nicely battered after a few, it doesn't make yr head and thoughts too muddy.

Overall, another quality, tasty indica strain that would appeal to many

Edited by Yamatoka

Thanks for the replies, and nice one for those smoke reports yam.

I never had the chance to give any of it a good cure because my stash got took by some dirty little slimy cunt.... My fault for leaving the back door open when I went shopping. Gutted. But I did get to smoke some of it at least.

I only found one of the cream caramels to be very tasty, but the one that stood out tasted of a nice bubblegum. With the rest you could see where it got it's name from, they were very rich smelling, like buttery biscuits, and nutty too.... not fruity but definitely rich. Not so much taste transmitted into the joint, probably because it's not a very pronounced taste as something sharp like citrus, or smelly like skunk, but very smooth nonetheless. Like I say, one pheno stood out which was very sweet and fruity indeed, one of the sweetest I've grown. But overall I'd say it's more of a rich smoke than a sweet one.

For me, the standout smoke was one of the Jack phenos. Three of them smelled like lemon and tasted like lemon detergent, an almost chemically taste to the buds, not in a bad way, but one which I can imagine would split people down the middle on whether they liked it or not. I was most interested to see what this turned out like after a long dry and cure, it's definitely a taste which transmits into the smoke.

The two tastiest Jacks were a skunky smelly, almost dirty smelling pheno. One which will definitely split the masses. Like a really old school skunk you'd get back in the day. I posted a question in strain talk asking where this might have came from, to me the bud itself smells of liver. The main bud on it foxtailed a lot and it looked much different to the rest and even though in mid flower a quick rub of a leaf gave you pretty much the same smell as the others, towards the end it began to take on an extra little dimension, one which really transmitted big time into the smoke.

The high was lovely. Strong but with no edge whatsoever, and not knockout either. Sort of stuff you could smoke while you're out and about and just float around a bit.

The other was more like the lemony jacks, but with a fruity twist to it which, again, came on late in flower.

If I was to put them in a top five of overall quality, based on yield, effect and taste - and when I say taste, I don't mean to my personal taste, but to actual taste and which you can pick up in a joint - I'd go:

1. Smelly Jack: Taste strength 90 - Effect: strong but mellow - Yield: 86

3. Lemony & fruity jack: Taste strength: 84 - Effect: strong, buzzy: Yield: 94

3. Fruity Cream Caramel: Taste strength 87 - Effect: can't say - Yield: 70

4. Lemony Jack 1: Taste strength: 79 - Effect: Pleasant, sleepy/dreamy- Yield: 92

5. Lemony jack 2: Taste strength: 79% Effect: Pleasant, sleepy/dreamy- Yield: 92

(that's not a typo by the way, the two plants were identical in every way, like clones)

So overall I'd say Jack47 is definitely a better all round strain than cream caramel.

That would also depend on your taste buds, but it's a consistently high yielding plant with flavours and strength - and like I say, they may not be to everyone's taste, but there are loads of high yielding plants out there which taste of nothing and deserve no time in your grow room, Jack is not one of them.

I said to someone recently which I think sums it up, that Jack is what Chronic is advertised as. I've grown chronic too, and while one pheno was nice, overall it doesn't even compare to Jack47.

Edited by papaduc