Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Logik

British Medicinal Cannabis Register

860 posts in this topic

I'd love to sign it ... BUT .... one question: Who has access to the data? I can't trust Pinky or Derek with any personal info, nor any LCA buffoons. Sorry, just the way it is.

I think its a shot in the foot, TBH, having folks like that on the Committee. It going to put a fair few folks off.

Logik in the OP you have a quoted list of names but I can't find that within the source provided? Like Arnold says having folks like that in the committee will put people off, the fact that they are makes me wonder whether its genuine at all and not some spoof site :yahoo:

Good stuff....movement in the right direction :yahoo:

One thing though: I'd sign up when the registration opens, but I'd be concerned about giving my details out. I'm not sure that giving personally identifiable information is useful, purely from a statistical analysis point of view, as it might significantly reduce your potential sample size.

GN

N.B. You do not have to provide your full address. However, a valid email address and the first part of your postcode is mandatory. A verification email requiring a response will be sent. BMCR may contact you again to verify and/or refine the information provided.

I'd love to sign it ... BUT .... one question: Who has access to the data?
'Any patient information recorded here is confidential and has the same legal status as any medical record.'
I can't trust Pinky or Derek with any personal info, nor any LCA buffoons. Sorry, just the way it is. I think its a shot in the foot, TBH, having folks like that on the Committee. It going to put a fair few folks off.
As failed initiatives via UK420 have learned, if you start excluding activists from the outset, you're starting a private club, not actually involving yourself with progressive action. You can't deny that Pinky & Derek are committed activists, surely, & how dare you call Chris Baldwin a buffoon?

ETA: Mind you, Colin Preece?

Edited by ninorc

I concur with Ninorc.

As long as we are scrapping amongst ourselves we cannot achieve sod all,also if Danzig is involved im sure everyone will be protected.

(Pinky needs to be kept on a lead though)

Hell will freeze over before i'd trust ANY member of the LCA with anything let alone personal details and if that means it fails then so be it.

:cheers:

I'd love to sign it ... BUT .... one question: Who has access to the data?
'Any patient information recorded here is confidential and has the same legal status as any medical record.'
I can't trust Pinky or Derek with any personal info, nor any LCA buffoons. Sorry, just the way it is. I think its a shot in the foot, TBH, having folks like that on the Committee. It going to put a fair few folks off.
As failed initiatives via UK420 have learned, if you start excluding activists from the outset, you're starting a private club, not actually involving yourself with progressive action. You can't deny that Pinky & Derek are committed activists, surely, & how dare you call Chris Baldwin a buffoon?

ETA: Mind you, Colin Preece?

Never mentioned C Baldwin???? :rofl: But if he is a buffoon, I'll have no trouble "daring" to call him one. But I gather he isn't, by your tone?

:yep:

I deny Pinky represents anyone, apart from himself. That is not an activist.

As long as we are scrapping amongst ourselves we cannot achieve sod all

I disagree. I think much can be achieved. I know of a number of MS patients round here who have just recently gained access to good meds, through a third party growing for them. Said third party came and asked for instruction as had never grown weed before. This is what I call Activism, getting meds to patients.

If we think this is ever going to be "legal" (whatever is meant by that, I don't know?), I believe we are deceived. It will not be. Ever. Not IMO. The best you'll ever get is some tincture or spray that has been "doctored" in some way. If that helps (and Sativex does help a lot of folks, if not all), Good! But it cannot help everyone (for whom cannabis is effective at all); only good quality, well grown herb can do that.

I have no desire to scrap with anyone. Pinky asked for help, it was given then rudely and violently thrown back into the faces of those who gave it. Pinky, like so many of these self-styled Activists, is totally UN-representative, of anyone barring himself.

I know, by the way, Ninorc, that it says all data is confidential. But do the Committee get to see who's on the list and to see their details? I would not want Pinky, or Derek, or anyone within LCA, anywhere within a million miles of my personal info, no matter how truncated that info is. Sorry to have to say that, but I can't not say it.

I'd love to sign it ... BUT .... one question: Who has access to the data? I can't trust Pinky or Derek with any personal info, nor any LCA buffoons. Sorry, just the way it is.

Think youve hit the nail on the head Arnie :yep:

:rofl:

I can guarantee that as long as my name is associated with the group the security of any data supplied by individuals will be totally secure and access to data identyfying an individual will be limited to 'approved' named persons. The organisation will be required to comply with the Data Protection Act

I am not aware of a policy regarding the collection and use of data but I've already suggested that it needs to be a priority, I'm sure other group members are also having input but it's early days

e2a- Bud Buddies was registered under the Data Protection Act

Edited by DANZIG

Never mentioned C Baldwin???? :rofl: But if he is a buffoon, I'll have no trouble "daring" to call him one. But I gather he isn't, by your tone?

Chris Baldwin represents the LCA in this initiative and is well respected in activist circles for the Worthing coffee shop.

If it helps any Arnie, although I fully support the register I am already and shall continue jumping up and down very loudly on any statement which could be construed as being representative of the medi users who join the register which is not part of their given data. I've already had one statement withdrawn and believe the release of the founders list might have something to do with my asking publicly why this information was not available. 'We think' statements of any kind will be vilified across the net. I wouldn't have picked every member of the current council either mate but I'll guarantee they won't misuse the position without being challenged instantly.

Even if it is legal for medicinal purposes & patients which I hope it does , It just doesnt really help the majority of users .

Its a plant with no deadly side effects or even a single recorded death from its sole use , the only reason its an illegal drug is because of propaganda.

Theres no science to it !!

Decrimalise it have done with it ....

Thats my vote :yep:

Poppa :oldtoker:

1 person likes this

Fair do's, DANZIG, Hvy :wink:

I'm signing.

But I am glad I thought a while. It is all too easy on this internet, to let yourself act before due thought given. And no way back home. Been down that road before, and do NOT intend on riding it again.

Fair do's, DANZIG, Hvy :)

I'm signing.

But I am glad I thought a while. It is all too easy on this internet, to let yourself act before due thought given. And no way back home. Been down that road before, and do NOT intend on riding it again.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to give personal details until the data protection policy is formulated

ATM you can register an interest

1 person likes this

I wouldn't recommend anyone to give personal details until the data protection policy is formulated

ATM you can register an interest

How?

ATM, you can Register - which means leaving name, some of your address (which is tantamount to your full address, really) and a list of conditions for which you use cannabis. That's all I can see? Is that what you mean D?