Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Logik

British Medicinal Cannabis Register

860 posts in this topic
The BMCR exists to build a database of factual information about how many people are using cannabis as medicine, for what conditions and by which methods. Statistical information from the database will be available to doctors, scientists, researchers, campaigners and government. Patient confidentiality will be preserved at all times. Records held on the database will have the same legal status as any other medical record.

The BMCR will be governed by a council comprised of patients, doctors, scientists, health professionals and representatives from bona fide interest groups.

The founder council members are:

Matthew Atha, IDMU

Chris Baldwin, Legalise Cannabis Alliance

Jeff Ditchfield, UK420

Jayelle Farmer, Pro-Legislate Cannabis UK

Paul Flynn MP, House Of Commons

Victor Hamilton, Medicinal user

Prof. Les Iversen, Oxford University

Baroness Molly Meacher, House Of Lords

Colin Preece, Campaigner

Jason Reed, Medicinal user

Peter Reynolds, Writer

Jim "Pinky" Starr, Medicinal user

Edwin Stratton, Drug Equality Alliance

Dr Michael Vandenburg, Consulting Physician

Derek Williams, UK Cannabis Internet Activists

The BMCR has announced its founder council members. Please see the "Info" tab for details.

Source

:headpain:

Edited by withnail
to correct list

Founding Member

I'm sure Pinky will just wallow in that one.

e2a: It's a testament to the day i've had when i comment like that rather than about the actual point of the OP.

bleurgh.... pfft... emoticons....

Edited by Keye

Founding Member

I'm sure Pinky will just wallow in that one.

e2a: It's a testament to the day i've had when i comment like that rather than about the actual point of the OP.

bleurgh.... pfft... emoticons....

Yeah, a bit of credibility lost there me thinks. lol

Good on Danzig though, i'm sure he will keep things heading in the right direction.

:headpain:

adp

Some highly respected names on that list + the one oddball to balance things out. In fact is that a genuine list of founding members, can't find it on the actual site :headpain:

Good stuff....movement in the right direction :headpain:

One thing though: I'd sign up when the registration opens, but I'd be concerned about giving my details out. I'm not sure that giving personally identifiable information is useful, purely from a statistical analysis point of view, as it might significantly reduce your potential sample size.

GN

One thing though: I'd sign up when the registration opens, but I'd be concerned about giving my details out. I'm not sure that giving personally identifiable information is useful, purely from a statistical analysis point of view, as it might significantly reduce your potential sample size.

GN

lol +1

I don't mind putting in some details, but requesting my entire address and cannabis use style will put a lot of people off. Maybe not those who know the founders through this site and believe them to be genuine, but many people don't have that amount of faith.

Good luck,

T.

GN

couldnt agree more tbh, its one thing to claim patient confidentiality and that records will have the same legal status as any other medical records but what status is that exactly?

GN

I'd be happy to register to add my cannabis usage to the statistics but I couldn't possibly risk being personally identifiable.

If the governbent were to get their grubby hands on the database, by whatever method, that would be the end of my career, life, etc etc.

A

sounds good, is hvy not in that lot or have I misremembered his name?

good to see paul flynn there as well, iirc he has long been a lone voice of sanity in the house of commons on drug policy.

keep us informed danzig

What's with all that negativity....? :badass:

You can have my blood type and an old pair of undies too if you like...

[Edited to add: Thinking on... I wonder how many people that use Cannabis as a medicament, keep that information from their doctor...]

Edited by 2Sore2Care

I'll not take part as long as anyone remotely connected to the cunts that cannot be mentioned is involved sorry once bitten never again til i have revenge, you see i still aint forgot nor forgiven.

Go for it Danzig now you i trust.

:badass:

I'm not a medical user but I don't mind giving out my personal details to show support for such an organisation.

It's all a bit sudden though - did I miss the logo contest? :B):

I'm not a medical user but I don't mind giving out my personal details to show support for such an organisation.

It's all a bit sudden though - did I miss the logo contest? :headpain:

That's the difference between someone saying 'I think we should' and someone getting off their arse and doing it. Start the committee after you start the activism.

What's with all that negativity....? :headpain:

I don't mean to sound negative - just making the point that there's more opportunity for success if you have a larger sample population. I'm all for it and will support it whichever way I can, including registering, but we can't ever forget that what we do is illegal - irrespective of morality or ethical issues relating to medical use.

GN