Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
discharged

"What's wrong with them cheapo ones that come wiv kits, like?

I was wondering what exactly is wrong with the euro dutch barn reflectors? Do you use one and are you happy with it and why? Please give a reason for or against.

I think they are OK. Nothing much wrong with them at all. If I manage to get another one soonish i think i will modify the one I have somehow. (not really decided how, but I will all the same.)

Cheers.

I think the bottom line is while they work as an entry level reflector there are much better ones out there. If you don't have the money the dutch barn will be more than adequate but other more costly reflectors offer better light spread and deeper penetration and also much better dissipation of the heat the bulb produces which in turn produces more bud. The only down side is their cost which can be pretty high :P

So how much is a better reflector worth per crop (on average) would you say?

If it only produces an extra q a crop then its paid for it self after 3-4 crops in savings (Im going off the last time I bought a q which was about 40 (shows how long since I purchased any))

So how much is a better reflector worth per crop (on average) would you say?

Ive no idea if Im honest. All I can tell you is that will definitely increase your yields if your environment is spot on.

Your environment is top priority, you could have the worlds best reflector but if your extraction isnt up to the job then your yeilds will suffer also...

I'm on a euro reflector dude and I get chunky dense buds. I would of thought a more expensive powerplant or supersun or alike would be even better but I don't have a problem so why fix it.

I hang a clipon fan off the end of mine and it blows the hot air straight out and the CF sucks it up.

I've always wondered if spending the money (£150+) is accually worth it. Guess I'll never know until I bother to dig into my pockets. If you've got rhe spare cash then do it.

Edited by Owderb
Spam removed

Just done some proper research and that supersun from the USA looks the best by far for the money. I might just start saving now

Edited by Orangebudrules

An aircooled light should be the last resort seeing as they are the worst for light spread, especially cos of the glass

Owd

well said owd. never liked them too much tbh, seems to much equipent and too much cost for me and havent heard from EVERYONE that it sorted out their grow nor was necessarily worthwhile. and the light lost to ducting?

My fan clipped on the euroshade is pure genius. If I die from the house being burnt down then I die. Until that day it works a Roy Cropper

If it only produces an extra q a crop then its paid for it self after 3-4 crops in savings (Im going off the last time I bought a q which was about 40 (shows how long since I purchased any))

Yes , but how much is a quarter worth to you? I stopped buying a long time ago when quality dived, price remained and the quantity reduced. Buying isn't an option or a need for me.

If you were to price up your own grow in your head a q would not be worth much in real terms.

With a dutch barn reflector I could fit 8 plants(2 rows of four), with a parabolic I can now fit 16(4 rows of 4). It won't double the yeild but I've found out(even though its probably not the best way to grow) veg time is reduced and therefore time inbetween crops is to.

-2Hi