Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
criminog

Will 2-3 Plants Stink The House Out?

18 posts in this topic

My wife doesn't seem to mind my plan to grow my own, so I have invested in some seeds and a small NFT system. I haven't got round to discussing the 'bouquet' with her yet, will the plants only smell when buds have flowered or is it sooner? I'd be grateful for some feedback from a small grower. Cheers.

Hi criminog

smell does depend on variety some what some pong more than others .my advice to you would be to get a extractor fan and a carbon filter this will get rid of all the smell if youre room is sealed off properly.

Murran.

Hi criminog

smell does depend on variety some what some pong more than others .my advice to you would be to get a extractor fan and a carbon filter this will get rid of all the smell if youre room is sealed off properly.

Murran.

Hi Murran,

Given my growroom location I wolud be grateful to know which strains produced the least pungent smell. Thanks

Im not sure i can help you with a variety probably best to read the breeders strain reports.All MJ plants have a strong smell to them though even through veg.Sorry i cant help more but you will need to invest in some sort of odour control IMO

Im not sure i can help you with a variety probably best to read the breeders strain reports.All MJ plants have a strong smell to them though even through veg.Sorry i cant help more but you will need to invest in some sort of odour control IMO

Fair enough, thanks for replying.

Given my growroom location I wolud be grateful to know which strains produced the least pungent smell. Thanks

Hi mate, there are some strains that are less pungent than others, NL, and I also believe C99 and GD to be lower odour.

The keyword is LOWER, not LOW. Even the least smelly ones will need some sort of smell scrubbing. I grew AK47 in the house without a carbon filter, and venting into the house does smell a great deal, although you eventually become immune to it, and it's not until you get a visitor that you are reminded.

No matter what strain you're growing, I would recommend either venting up a chimney, or using a carbon filter.

BM

Hi Chaps;

Just a personal observation, but I have noticed that Indica varieties tend to be inherently more smelly than sativa/sativa dominant varieties!

I currently have C99 and Sk#1 on the grow and I have to say that the Silver Pearls EO is about to harvest are way more stinky, although they (Indicas) do tend to be faster "finishers" than Sativa's!

Obviously this is a generalisation, but it tends to be quite accurate, or so I have found from personal experience!

Either way, good luck with the grow.

Peace.

RD

sorry same Q but what about outdoors? about 3 plants, will it smell alot the straines Sensi seed outdoor mix. will it be a good idea to cover them (like its in a green house, it wouldnt be to force flower them) during the flowering stage?

thanks

HG

eventually become immune to it, and it's not until you get a visitor that you are reminded

hehe... very true.

The Pink Indica's I grew were low odor, but the Bluewidow and 50/50 mix I am growing stink very nicely. Glad my grow room is outdoors..

I would invest in a carbon filter. or exuast the air out a window (might not work, depending on location)

Or be prepared to keep all your windows open...

Either way.. Happy Growing!

Or you could make a cheap and cheerful filter like mine.....

the best was 2 stop ur house stinking ..

move ur plants into mine. :spliff:

alright m8

my bedroom smells @ 30 days growing fdm 5050,

you can't smell it outside of the bedroom, and the door is always open.

the giggest plant is 10 inches and you can definately smell that i am growing weed in that box in the corner, as soon as you go into the bedroom.

i am nly venting the air out of the box and into the bedroom, no carbon filter, and no windows are open.

hope it helps

i was a bit sceptical about carbon filters for some reason , i bought one anyway for £50, and it was the best thing ive done for ages.

It totally removes the smell. i got a cupboard full and only just started flowering, even before flowering they reek! soon as the extractor gets turned on with the filter on the other end (ie. its not sucking its blowing into the filter and recycling air.), the smell is gone within 5 minutes. i got 2 chambers in 1 cupboard , the filter sits at the top with the air being extracted from the bottom chamber.

someone could turn round and say im wrong but i think it works just as well being blown into the filter rather than being sucked through.

get a filter and extractor you wont look back.

I'm raising this specimen of High Quality Seeds 'White Pearl' as a mother plant, I'm doing it in a walk in cupboard in the kitchen without filtration and only passive ventilation and it's the smelliest plant I've ever encountered. It absolutely reeks, it's a smell that I like but you really can smell it as soon as the front door is opened. God knows what it's gonna be like when I'm cloning it...may have to invest in another carbon filter for the cloning/mother cupboard

whitepearl020604.jpg

Fellas:

It's all going off at last!

All of a sudden I've got 3 blueberry Dutch Passion seeds just germed as well as 4 clones of some unknown strain of powerful green under a 125 enviro in my lounge ( special permission from mrs C until power is run out to the shed)!

I'm finally growing and despite loads of planning I've got plants on the go with no ac tual growroom set up.

Also I've decided to go organic right at the last minute so this shouldn't even be in hydro.

Who gives a f**k? I'm finally growing!

:yep:

Oh yes :unsure: