Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
antares

DIY Hydro bucket system

Hi

I was at a guys house last year and he had a few black buckets and an old nft205 tank which he had converted to grow his pkants in, he had 2 plants in the 205 tank and 1 each in bucket, he told me that he made the system for 5 pounds a bucket, I'm sure he also a fish tank pump providing air to the buckets and tank, the root mass on the plants where huge, im sure he had small net pots filled with clay pebbles??

Does anyone else know this system I'm sure its pretty common :yep:

Cheers

saw a youtube vid once with a guy with a green face showing you step by step how to build your system etc etc

This was the first vid i ever saw on growing and made it seam fairly simple :yep:

EDIT: wont embed vid for some reason.

Edited by Goodtimes247

I'm literally about to put mine together, ive already cut the holes etc but as its not assembled yet it'll be easy for me to take some photos that show how i made it. Its cost me more than £5 per bucket, but ive done it to a fairly high spec with silent airpump etc ill post some pics either tonight or tomorrow.

saw a youtube vid once with a guy with a green face showing you step by step how to build your system etc etc

This was the first vid i ever saw on growing and made it seam fairly simple ;)

EDIT: wont embed vid for some reason.

Hi Mate

I have the full video of this so I'll be having a look later, cheers

I'm literally about to put mine together, ive already cut the holes etc but as its not assembled yet it'll be easy for me to take some photos that show how i made it. Its cost me more than £5 per bucket, but ive done it to a fairly high spec with silent airpump etc ill post some pics either tonight or tomorrow.

Hi

I have a budget around £200 for kit, so thats cool, if you could post it up i'd appreciate it, your a star

thanks

I'd like to see that also mate

:huh:

I have a budget around £200 for kit

The bits that go with the kit can come to £200 or more.

3 or 4 stage reverse osmosis unit + float valve, ~£100

2 x 40 or 50 litre tubs, one stands on a table and has the float valve fitted, gives the same amount of ro water a time. 2nd tub on floor, new nutes get tipped into it. ~£20

5L GH Micro, 10L GH Bloom, 2 x 1L Liquid Silicon. Measuring syringes 20ml + 2 x 100ml, ~£100

That lot will give good and reliable results with any hydro kit you care to buy. The lucas formula with ro water has proved itself 1,000s of times to give all green grows as long as the pH and ec stay within range. If you choose to do passive hydro then no meters are needed as giving the plants a 10% runoff each feed keeps the pH and ec within range.