Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Artificial Emotion

Why does organic weed taste better?

172 posts in this topic

What's the reason organic cannabis tastes better than weed grown in hydroponics or non-organic compost? I don't understand why it tastes better since organic nutrients are converted into the mineral ions in the end whereas with non-organic compost or hydroponics you are just supplying these same nutrients directly without needing the microherd to.convert them before they can be absorbed. So, why does it taste different?

Edited by Artificial Emotion
2 people like this

What's the reason organic cannabis tastes better than weed grown in hydroponics or non-organic compost? I don't understand why it tastes better since organic nutrients are converted into the mineral ions in the end whereas with non-organic compost or hydroponics you are just supplying the nutrients directly. So, why does it taste different?

who says it does taste better if you wer to take 2 perfctly grown pieces of weed one organic and one hydro i doubt if hardly anyone or anyone would be able to tell the diff.

What's the reason organic cannabis tastes better than weed grown in hydroponics or non-organic compost? I don't understand why it tastes better since organic nutrients are converted into the mineral ions in the end whereas with non-organic compost or hydroponics you are just supplying the nutrients directly. So, why does it taste different?

who says it does taste better if you wer to take 2 perfctly grown pieces of weed one organic and one hydro i doubt if hardly anyone or anyone would be able to tell the diff.

Really? So many people say organic weed tastes better (I can't say personally as I've not grown hydroponically yet).

I agree that after a long cure you probably wouldn't taste the difference but unless this is done the organic weed does taste better AFAIK. I wanted to know why this is.

^^ What Shairiley said. I've yet to meet anyone who can actually tell the diff. A lot who reckon they can but no-one's actually convinced me yet. One day I would love to try a blind test but it's not easy when it's all your weed and you know how it was grown.

1 person likes this

if grown with dedication,ie no jus throwing nutes at yer plants hydro if flushed properly and cured will taste every bit as good as organic .

Grew in soil/compost for over 7 years and swore soil over hydro anyday, but I had to change to hydro and used cutting from my soil grows I was expecting the plants to taste bland and not very good, But I was pleasantly surprised to find the weed tasted better, I think as long as you give a decent flush and dont nuke it with nutes through flowering Hydro wins for me

Well I have to admit that would make sense.

Because you feel better knowing you're smoking something that hasn't required the input of nasty chem ferts?

:ouch:

Jason King from the Cannabible claims that compost/soil/organic tastes better than hydro, but I'm not certain if he meant indoor compost or only outdoor.

Loads of hydro growers here claim that there is no difference, but I would suspect a bit of a bias. Likewise with compost/organic growers.

e2a:

I suspect a lot of it is because some people are just more sensitive than others. for instance I'm a bit color blind and my hearing is fecked. I also tend to skim things quickly rather than take my time and immerse myself in an experience. I know some people are far more sensitive than me.

I grow organic just because I think it's healthier.

Edited by Randalizer

Because you feel better knowing you're smoking something that hasn't required the input of nasty chem ferts?

:ouch:

What's "nasty" about "chemicals" ?

Better Feng Shui the grow too ... :rofl:

I'm growing my tomatoes organically this year and if anything they don't taste as nice ....

(I usually use the same Chempak nutes I use on my grows)

Edited by compostverte
1 person likes this

:wassnnme:

What do you mean? I asked why it tastes better. You mean it's psychological?

---------

Also organic fertilizers are chemicals just like non-organic fertilizers.

What's "nasty" about "chemicals" ?

"Chemicals" in general... nothing...

Synthetic fertilisers though? The way they are sourced, primarily, but also the way they are disposed.

What do you mean? I asked why it tastes better. You mean it's psychological?

I was being flippant really. Is taste all that matters?

But sure, an aspect of taste is most definitely psychological.

I've read in many places that organic tastes better than hydro but in my experience I reckon that's a myth. I've grown both hydro & compost and I agree with others that you can't tell between hydro & soil if they have both been grown properly.

By definition organic weed is outdoor and outdoor always tastes better just like wine every area has its own environment which produces different tasting weed. Some weed has a really noticable taste of the soil/environment it was in. Naturaly ferile soil that you couldnt improve if you tried is not the same as some liquid feed or imported nutrients.

Organic is something I belive in, not growing organic tomatos this year but hopefully next year fuck chemical ferts!

id like to think that i can tell the difference between organic and chemically grown.... hydro is a different story... surely nobody can argue that hydroponically grow fruit and veg ( check out the shit in tescos/asda) tastes fekin bland? yet the organic fruit and veg tastes like it should.. like real fruit and veg not like a cheap synthetic copy...

and i can honestly say that i wouldnt swap my 1oz of organic for 5 oz of hydro grown in synthetic nutes... never .. no fekin way.

in soil using bio bizz i can feed my girls right up til harvest and not taste any burnt sugary crap like you would if you did that with chemical nutes.... i GAVE my cuz some of my organic as he spent 2 days fixing my clutch and he had a smoke in with his mates .. supposedly hardcore tokers.... the reports back were.. holy fuck what is this shit im smoking.... and this is the best tasting weed ive had in 15 years....

so theres my opinion...

3 people like this