Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Comrade Stoker

Marker Work

43 posts in this topic

Nice work Lake, thanks for sharing! :wink:

No requests here tho. ;)

Cheers peeps, Ill be doing more so will post.

Ill see what I can come up with Goldie, though I do not have a yellow/gold marker. I am going out to buy some proper Magics this week so it will open up a whole new world of colour :wink:

Holy Shit man!! thats some talent u got there. i hope you made some money in that past life out of your work.

Holy Shit man!! thats some talent u got there. i hope you made some money in that past life out of your work.

Pretty much fuck all dude. I worked for a British sports car company during my summers from around 15/16 to 20 years old. I got no money, just got to fuck around with car designs, I did a dashboard for a high end sports car during this period. I didn't really make a penny out of it. One day, when I have enough cash I would like to design and build my own car, probably re-body a TVR or something, just keeping the chassis and engine. I started to build Ferrari replica years ago but had to stop due to cost, Ill start that up again when I have the cash, time and desire.

If that really is your drawing Martin that is fucking top notch and i can see why you were designing stuff :unsure:

As if we've got Foose on the boards!

Great work, those.

I did these as a Christmas present to my lad, he is mad on cars and particularly the F40 and Enzo. I got the basic shapes from some pics on web then sketched and rendered them in 10 mins with a red and black pen, Tippex, pencil and Biro. The sketching took a few goes to get the shapes, maybe 30 mins each.

gallery_40506_5836_152981.jpg

gallery_40506_5836_87225.jpg

Edited by Lake Palmer
5 people like this

Nice one lake,I bet your lad was well chuffed with them,

All the best mate :yinyang:

nice one lake theyre ace :B):

more i demand more!

nice one lake theyre ace :B):

more i demand more!

Thanks man

I tend to draw in fits and starts. It doesn't take long for me to do them but I just have to be in the mood to get bits of paper out and markers etc. If I ever have the space then I would have a drawing desk again, I find it easier to do this sort of thing when I can sit at a proper drawing desk, as opposed to the kitchen table or the bedroom floor.

Thanks man

I tend to draw in fits and starts. It doesn't take long for me to do them but I just have to be in the mood to get bits of paper out and markers etc. If I ever have the space then I would have a drawing desk again, I find it easier to do this sort of thing when I can sit at a proper drawing desk, as opposed to the kitchen table or the bedroom floor.

im the same i draw for a while then dont for ages then do again its like i get possesed :P

im the same i draw for a while then dont for ages then do again its like i get possesed :P

Cars are really hard work to do till you have the knack of it. It took me years to get my head around the shapes, you learn the tricks as you go along. I was trained from a young age by a proper car designer and ended up working on proper production sports cars from 15 years old. I was let loose in design studios and workshops. I've actually worked on two production road cars, not quite super cars but proper sports cars nevertheless. Sometimes I regret not pursuing it but to be honest I was too immature to really focus. One of the guys I studied with and lived with is now the head designer at a massive car company, I could have done that but I just couldn't dedicate my life to it like he did, I was too busy chasing women and boozing lol

2 people like this

Cars are really hard work to do till you have the knack of it. It took me years to get my head around the shapes, you learn the tricks as you go along. I was trained from a young age by a proper car designer and ended up working on proper production sports cars from 15 years old. I was let loose in design studios and workshops. I've actually worked on two production road cars, not quite super cars but proper sports cars nevertheless. Sometimes I regret not pursuing it but to be honest I was too immature to really focus. One of the guys I studied with and lived with is now the head designer at a massive car company, I could have done that but I just couldn't dedicate my life to it like he did, I was too busy chasing women and boozing lol

in other words you lived ;)