Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Comrade Stoker

Marker Work

43 posts in this topic

Just been getting the itch to start drawing again recently. I used to be a car designer in another life and today I bought myself some markers (Cheap ones) and some cheap paper and knocked these up in less than 10 minutes each. The red thing was just free hand whereas the outline of the Dodge was essentially traced. All done with 2 markers, 1 fine liner and two pastels

Going to do loads more over the next few weeks.

post-40506-1278007062_thumb.jpg

2 people like this

They brilliant Lake, really like the bottom one... swift drawing is a real skill I'll doff my cap and polish my jeolousy a little bit more lol

Can you post more when you do them?

Cheers Billious dude, thanks fella.

Yeh Ill post them all mate, its pretty easy once you get the knack and understand the principles of rendering. Just throw the black on, then your main colour, then your pastels, then Tippex or white pencil for highlights. Just need to understand how light falls on a car typically from above, if that makes sense.

Nice work Mr Palmer sir.

Nice indeed

rm

Just been getting the itch to start drawing again recently. I used to be a car designer in another life and today I bought myself some markers (Cheap ones) and some cheap paper and knocked these up in less than 10 minutes each. The red thing was just free hand whereas the outline of the Dodge was essentially traced. All done with 2 markers, 1 fine liner and two pastels

Going to do loads more over the next few weeks.

post-40506-1278007062_thumb.jpg

mate they are well good ,now thats what i would love to be good at. love to see more lol

liking the amg wheels. nice drawings

lovin the work mate top stuff

Loving that man. You used to design cars? Kept that one quiet didn't you. I always wanted to be able to draw cars. I can never get the proportions right. My cars always look like they've been drawn by a 5 year old. My lines are always nice, they're just always in the wrong places :wassnnme: Also, for some reason, every car I draw looks like a 1980s sports car. You know that countach type squarish look. Nice sketches there mate.

Heavy :wassnnme: you got talent Lake...

My car mad mate brought a drawing just like that of but of his car from flebay for twenty quid :fuckyou:

Had mad oversized wheels...

Mrm :evil:

Thanks for the kind replies peeps

Blay'zd

You really need to be able to lay the wheel base down first. Start with side profiles. One wheel (Slightly elliptical across (Like a squashed down football)). Then line in the bottom of the car, make the wheels 2.5 wheel apart for saloon or GT type cars, maybe 2 for smaller sports car. Always draw the wheels oversize, always. Then start to line your bonnet and run your line all the way to the boot in one stroke, this gives you guides to layer the other stuff on. Hope that makes sense dude.

Love It ,Love It ,Love It....

Lake Palmer A car designer...... Nice :wassnnme:

Well i never :fuckyou:

Keep up the good work Lake ..Them Drawings are the Fookin Bizz...

Keep us posted my friend

Driptray :evil:

Yeah that does help mate. I usually start with that line you talk about. Like the line that goes from the front to the back along the centre of the car. I'll try starting with the wheel base. I'll draw some now actually.

Martin, they are ace mate.

Inspiration indeed... My Mrs is away so I'm off to dig out my ink and stuff I think! :wassnnme:

I went through a phase of drawing rally cars on every scrap of paper/ letter/ fagbox I could find in my late teens..

Top work dude. :fuckyou:

Bit stoned now and my lines go out a bit.

post-40506-1278012433_thumb.jpg

2 people like this

Bit stoned now and my lines go out a bit.

post-40506-1278012433_thumb.jpg

mate they really are good ,could you do one of a e36 bmw ,cool if you can not be assed :rofl: