Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tommy_J

Wild Rose .:|strain Report|:.

___________lolStrain Reportlol

_______________________.:|Wild Rose|:.

gallery_55038_2803_69912.jpg

IDENTIFICATION

Strain: Wild Rose (Rosetta Stone x The Hog)

Seed Bank: Sweet Seeds

Judge: Tommy

Grower: Tommy

Report date: 09 May 2010

gallery_55038_2803_10109.jpg gallery_55038_2803_7914.jpg

EVALUATION (0/20)

Ease of cultivation: 17

Yield: 18

Appearance: 17

Visible trychomes: 16

Aroma of the dried flowers: 19

Taste of the smoke/vapor: 18

Texture of the smoke/vapor: 17

Tolerance: 17

Effect: 18

Buzz duration: 18

Final result: 17,6 (176/200)

gallery_55038_2803_78544.jpg gallery_55038_2803_135358.jpg

COMMENTS

Plant characteristics: A 65% Sativa plant but easy to grow indoors. It was grown in a very small space, 2 ft x 2 ft x 4 ft, with 9 plants, and I can say that her adaptability to such a tiny area was remarcable for a mostly Sativa hybrid. Features a good response to some moderate low stress training, which have allowed me to harvest 4 or 5 main buds from each plant. This is a plant with many branches and with a short space between the nodes. It develops huge buds, which makes up for their airy structure, but the flowers are very beautiful, with the shape of a pine tree (in the phenos with more characteristics of Rosetta Stone, I suppose) or with a more round shape and more compact (in the phenos with more characteristics of The Hog, I suppose). I harvested the 3 plants between day 61 and day 67 into flowering.

Aroma and taste descriptions: A fresh aroma, soft and incensed with citric tones. Orange, menthol and a slight touch of cathedral or wood. The taste is a bit different from the smell and even the taste of the vapor contains some tones previously unidentified when I first rubbed my fingers on the flowers to release the terpenes. From that taste I notice a nice spicy touch, with a strong pepper presence. But not unpleasant at all, since those flavors mix up with the freshness of a soft citric aroma with slight notes of mint, making up for an overall fresh and spicy taste. Anyway I must admit that a part of that freshness is possibly due to the fact that the weed is yet in the beginning of the curing process. And I suppose that, while the flowers grow old and cure, some part of that freshness will be lost, benefiting a more noticeable presence of the spicy taste.

.:|Flavors and Odours of the Flowers and their Vapors|:.

__.__[1 - hardly noticeable | 10 - strong presence]

Bitter [ ] Bittersweet [ ] Musk [ ] Ammonia [ ] Anise [3] Berry [ ] Blueberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Meat [ ] Church [2] Cedar [ ] Cherry [ ] Chewing Gum [6]

Chocolate [ ] Citric [4] Coconut [ ] Fuel [ ] Sweet [2] Spices [8] Floral [ ] Strawberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Candy [ ] Hashish [ ] Weed [ ]

Iron [ ] Incense [4] Soap [ ] Lemon [ ] Wood [2] Mango [ ] Peach [ ] Melon [ ] Mint [2] Menthol [2] Honey [ ] Moss [ ] Orange [6]

Nutmeg [2] Oil [ ] Perfume [ ] Leather [ ] Pepper [6] Pine [ ] Pineapple [ ] Rotten [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Cheese [ ] Chemical [ ] Liquorice [2]

Skunk [ ] Earthy [ ] Grape [ ] Vanilla [ ]

gallery_55038_2803_29236.jpg gallery_55038_2803_4514.jpg

Effect descriptions: The effect has some psychoactive characteristics. As it has been a long time since I'm only growing Indicas, the mostly Sativa effect was easy to notice. This is not the effect I most appreciate but I have to say that it is well balanced, providing a good dose of energy and euphoria without getting excessive. Well, the 1,6% of CBD may help to balance the effect, I suppose. Anyway I guess I also need a weed like this, for some occasions when the mostly Indicas don't work so well. It is powerful. With 3 or 4 hits (of smoke or vapor) one can get a very nice buzz. And that's a very nice buzz to go for a walk in the nature, chat with some friends and/or to eat a nice meal, since it helps to enhance the appetite. To sleep, watch TV or to be here writing this, it is not so adequate, but it is reasonably possible, unlike most of the Sativa strains. The effect takes a bit to get fully set, so 15 minutes after using it you will feel more stoned than only 5 minutes after toking, for example. A very well balanced Sativa effect.

gallery_55038_2803_45331.jpg

Wild Rose ...:::|:::... Sweet Seeds

_____________..|18/20|

Really nice report Tommy,another one on my list now, excellent grow aswell.

Good morning dude

great pictures, great smoke report.

impressed ............... :unsure:

A very thorough and informative report.

Thanks very much.

Stonecutter.

Wow! :) Great smoke report! and pics! :) I LOVE the effect of Wild Rose - I have kept a cut of the more Rosetta Stone pheno ( I think lol )

Edit to add:

Just read your other reports - fantastic work m8! - I also like SAD and can't wait to grow my Cream Caramel seeds as well!

Edited by dorko420

any details on the strain HOG?

Hi Mycologist! Thanks for your visit :g:

I'll quote you some info about "The Hog":

Originally from Tennessee, The Hog™ ventured out to So-Cal over 10 years ago and gained quite a following. Loved by some and hated by others (for being too strong?!). The Hog™ is our quintessential Indica, short in stature (90-110 cm) with an above average yield (400+ p.s.m.) The Hog™ is perfect for experts and beginners alike, so get your hands on one of these little piglets and soon you will be making bacon and livin’ high on the Hog™.

Keep it high!

|tommy_g|