Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Derek23

Bbc Inside Out

333 posts in this topic

Hi

UKCIA has just received this e-mail from Mark Jordan of BBC TV. I had a chat with Mark and the programme idea sounds good.

Derek

-----------------------------------------

My name is Mark Jordan, I am making a film for BBC1's Inside Out programme in London. Basically, we have found interesting evidence from California that an easing of laws on medicinal users is creating a strong network of private growers who are supplanting the criminal gangs who have long imported supplies from Canada and Mexico.

Obviously, private growers carry none of the criminality and violence related to gang type drug dealing. Several law enforcement officers in California have now gone on record to explain the benefits of this more enlightened approach. We plan to film and interview in California.

At the UK end I'm keen to try and reflect how this could benefit policing and users at home. Obviously, I appreciate that many private growers live in fear, not just from law enforcement, but also the criminal gangs that see you as competition. You are between a rock and a hard place!

I understand, therefore, how trust will need to be built and assured if I am to include and honestly reflect the people caught in this limbo. While the American section of the film is easier to make, I do need to meet and film a grower who is a normal, law abiding citizen - but for our laws on cannabis.

Obviously the film would never locate or show the face of such a contributor. I'd be happy to be driven to places in the back of a van to ensure I have total deniability. At the location masks or disguise could be used. Indeed a Sunday supplement recently did just such a piece without identifying anyone. It was all about the normal walks of life different growers come from - teachers bankers etc.

The film plans to question our current system and the gangland style dealing it may perpetuate. I know how difficult it is for the user/grower community to speak out. However, I'm hoping you - or someone you might be kind enough to pass this onto - might outline a set of conditions where by we can have a voice from your wide rarely heard community.

This will take time and trust. I'm happy to give both. Very much hope to hear any thoughts or suggestions you might have. Many thanks for your time.

Best regards,

Mark Jordan

BBC TV Current Affairs

07710 083310

markjordantv<at>gmail.com

mark.jordan<at>bbc.co.uk

Well, someone should do it. Go for it :rofl:

sounds promising..im too busy to volunteer mind :rofl:

Is this too risky. Something I would like to do, and from his letter he sounds an OK guy.

Whats your thoughts?

I wouldn't tell my best mate!

:rofl:

i can just imagine the neighbours reaction to someone taking a bunch of blindfolded guys from the back of a van into their house :rofl:

Is this too risky. Something I would like to do, and from his letter he sounds an OK guy.

Whats your thoughts?

I don't know the guy at all, but we did talk around the subject at some length and he seems interested in putting together a programme with a different slant to the usual. The idea apparently is to demonstrate that allowing small scale grows would undermine the criminal industry - which is hardly rocket science. He was particularly interested to learn about different strains and the quality end of growing.

As always it is the media so i suppose there is a risk, but the BBC is probably the lowest risk, he is very aware of the fact that most growers are very reluctant to take risks and why that is the case.

Derek

small edit - just heard from him again and he wrote "It's a tough call but if we can get someone to flag up how decent people are trapped on the wrong side of the law... It will be worth it. Otherwise its just a report from the usa with no implication for uk Many thanks".

Edited by Derek23

............................. :rofl::ouch::stoned: @Tremont-Salby

I thought that. Even if it was just him and he did the filming, getting someone blindfolded out of the back of a van would have to be done in the early hours of the morning for security's sake.

From what he has said, he would work with the grower to outline a set of conditions to ensure anonymity.

Could ask him to hand over his mobile or anything like that that could be searched. Just bring one camera with him and no bags or ewt like that that some tracker could be hiding in. And consent to be checked over to make sure he aint hiding anything, but from the sound of what he has said I doubt he would risk it.

He understands that we would be taking a risk, and I cant see any harm in exchanging a few emails with the guy to try and sus him out.

I don't know what your thoughts would be on this. Maybe email the guy asking him to join UK420 and then he could take part in a discussion with all of us. Think about it, if 1 person on here ends up on the program, they could put all of our views across and help our cause.

If he was to take part in an open discussion with us all beforehand, we could draw up a set of conditions and a way that we could put our cause forward without any of us being at risk.

If it was to work out, and everyone thought it was worth the risk, then I would love to do it.

I haven't got the best grow on earth, but its a decent tent percy grow and I guess that's what he is after.

I haven't got all the arguments, but with a group effort im sure we could all be involved in what would be said and the arguments that we all want to put forward.

Maybe its worth a leap of faith for long term progress. Whats everyone think?

i can just imagine the neighbours reaction to someone taking a bunch of blindfolded guys from the back of a van into their house lol

lol:spliff::ouch::v: oooohhhh yeah :(...............oh by the way, I'm too busy gardening :stoned: to do interviews. Who ? me ? shit scared of being noticed by the neighbours taking a load of blindfolded guys from a van into my house with a load of film equipment :)lol at 2 in the morning :yep:

What is it he wants to film Derek? If he just wants a percy drobe grow in an average home he can come and film mine.

What is it he wants to film Derek? If he just wants a percy drobe grow in an average home he can come and film mine.

Contact him directly Hvy, but my impression is he wants to get a sense of small scale non crim grows, ie he would be very interested in the "dump the dealer" approach.

Derek

Why couldnt we just send him a vid of our grows instead of him coming to us

Contact him directly Hvy, but my impression is he wants to get a sense of small scale non crim grows, ie he would be very interested in the "dump the dealer" approach.

Derek

Fair enough, will do.

Would love to also but won't.