Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ginerbolox

The Ricky Gervais Show

32 posts in this topic

Anybody seen this show yet.The 1st two episodes are on 4od to watch.Laughing me cock off.Were the hell did they get karl pilkington from.The man is comedy gold :)

This is basically an animated version of the podcasts, isn't it? Have to say, I just do not get it. Pilkington is an idiot and Gervais laughing like a hyena at everything he says does not make it funny.

Edited by ninorc

I have to admit, I pissed myself laughing, real out loud, eyes streaming stuff. I wasn't sure if it was the show or the bubblegum I'd been smoking lol

This is basically an animated version of the podcasts, isn't it? Have to say, I just do not get it. Pilkington is an idiot and Gervais laughing like a hyena at everything he says does not make it funny.

Yes it is the podcasts but with animation.

Thought it was hilarious myself.But hey it would be a boring world if we all liked the same things.

it would be a boring world if we all liked the same things.
Indeed. Nothing Ricky Gervais has done has really tickled my funny muscle. Although I did quite enjoy his interview with Larry David that I saw repeated recently. Now, there is a funny man.

The book is hilarious!

Big Bag of self-congratulatory Shit.

IMHO of course lol

e2a I did love The Office though, and thought Extras was pretty good, and I don't mind his stand-up, but this stuff just pisses me off.

Edited by OG refugee #24601

i like the meanderings of karl ..not overly fussed with gervais ..his stand ups were ok ,the glue that makes it funny is the constant goading from merchant imo ..we call karls thinking fuzzy logic in this household ,something we all have too ..but one day a fuzzy logic thinker will come up with the solution to something amazing ...makes me feel proud to be not right in the head

Were the hell did they get karl pilkington from.The man is comedy gold lol

He used to be their Producer when they hosted a Saturday afternoon slot on XFM London...Ive heard them before but the anime makes them even better. Now you really can see Karl has a head 'like a fucking Orange' :)

I love the guy, I think that people perceive him as nasty and arrogant. He is just wierd and you either get it or you don't. Haven't seen these podcast adaptations so cheers for the heads up.

Carl Pilkington is one of Britain's great eccentrics, moved into writing on his own behalf and is apparently very good.

Karl on how he hates Christmas being the same date each year

"That's what I'm saying about Christmas, I might not be in the mood for it; December 25th"

He has a point :unsure:

"That's what I'm saying about Christmas, I might not be in the mood for it; December 25th"

He has a point :unsure:

No, he does not have a point and what he says is plain stupid. Because Christmas is on the same day every year and the whole nation gears itself up for it, you will get in the mood, or not, depending on whether you enjoy the festivities. Picking a random day and asking Karl if it suits him would be absurd, not to mention the fact that it ignores the symbolic value of celebrating the winter solstice. Plus, I can't stand his voice.

No, he does not have a point and what he says is plain stupid. Because Christmas is on the same day every year and the whole nation gears itself up for it, you will get in the mood, or not, depending on whether you enjoy the festivities. Picking a random day and asking Karl if it suits him would be absurd, not to mention the fact that it ignores the symbolic value of celebrating the winter solstice. Plus, I can't stand his voice.

Ok, ok!! :unsure:

He has a point :guitar:

:guitar:, yeah and chickens don't cross the road. While I find him irritating, I do kind of get the humour, just don't always find it that funny.

This show was commissioned by HBO. Although i cant imagine karl pilkingtons humour going down too well across the pond.