Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mickle

Recommended Spyware/adware/anti-virus Software

177 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone. Malwarebytes installed, McAffee fucked off, Lappie clean as a whistle now.

:yahoo:

I always used AVG

i have avg full suite and avg tune up, but my best prog is spotmau, puts everything in its place plus wipes your trail clean, has a free boot up and its impossible to be locked out of my computer by software or virus, only hardware probs can lock me out.

I use Eset security but its a 12 month contract. Really good but can hinder slightly when wanting to search or download anything.

MistY

So if I want to install malewarebytes do I have to disable my macafee spyware?

Avast has always done me right. pc and android.

Thanks everyone. Malwarebytes installed, McAffee fucked off, Lappie clean as a whistle now.

:yahoo:

@@Arnold Layne 360totalsecurity.com (FREE) nice bit of kit to work side by side. will speed up your pc and bit more too.

get 360 Total Security AND NOT 360 Total Security Essential

Edited by jok3r
1 person likes this

Bitdefender free is what I have been using for the last couple of years, its very lite and uses very little resources, no ads or upgrade nagging (though you do have to register), just does its thing quietly in the background, and I think it has the best detection rating out of all the AV's (or at least all the free ones). It's won all sorts of awards for being brilliant lol and I have to say it is.

I also do an occasional scan with Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D.

I use the full Kaspersky security suite downloaded from the Kaspersky site, I activate it as a 30 day fully functional trial, then I use a re-setter near the end of the 30 days to get my 30 days again, I been doing this for years now on different versions. I use to use Malwarebytes and reset that too, but I find Kaspersky detects everything Ive come across and has more functions so I don't bother with Malwarebytes now.

I have always used Dr.Web. There were no problems ever.

Edited by Villeneeven