Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BL

Need Advice! First Grow.

80 posts in this topic

How-do Buddy,

That's the one becks. Get good yields with yours?

Wow, i think it must have been beginners luck as i've got about a weeks worth left of my 6.5 ozs off two K2's.

I cropped em back end of aug 2003.

I was told it's a good beginner one so hope it can cope with a useless owner.

Check out my grow diary it may be of some use to you. Don't take it as gospel as i made mistakes. Check out when i left my pump off ;) and the little buggers survived.

Harvest

My First Grow

After one or two joints I find it difficult wiping my own arse.

lollol

Perhaps you could try sitting like some dogs do and dragging their arse along the carpet by pulling their upright bodies with their front legs, However, don't tell the missus i suggested it. ;)

I might try taking a pic tomorrow with the normal light on instead of the hps

I found this improved my pics but i still struggle with close ups

BILB

:wassnnme:

Hope the Missus aint forgot yer B Day G-Whizz

Ave A Good Un

BILB

Same age as me i think

:wassnnme:

hi Buddy Love

looking good mate :wassnnme:

similar setup to what I have, I remember almost nuking my plants with those powergro nutrients, they are very strong. I moved on to using ionics and they were very forgiving ;)

good luck with the grow

mindhunter

Check out my grow diary it may be of some use to you.

Great grow Becks. Hope I end up with something like that.

Tried some new pics last night with the normal light on but they were still crap so haven't bothered posting. Saving hard for a new cam so I can update u all on the weens progress.

looking good mate

Cheers for that mindhunter.

First time I've tried this so I haven't really encountered different nutes so nothing to compare it to. I've been given advice to go for the ionics so will be popping down the local hydro store Saturday. Any other nutes and stuff I can use with it to improve growth/potency etc? Would appreciate your opinion.

Peace to all you guys and thanks for taking the time to show a noob the way.

Hope to update with some pics soon.

B.Love

Hi guys

Finally managed to get hold of a camera although it's not much better.

Plants are about ready to flower I think but I've got a few dilemma's.

First problem is that some of the new leaves on three of the plants are becoming a much lighter green/bordering yellow colour. From looking around a few posts, I believe this to be due to a lack of minor nutes such as magnesium and zinc. I got the impression that a couple of teaspoons of Epsom salts would sort it out so I added some yesterday, no improvement yet. Was that a dumb move?

Second problem is that the plants are at 6 weeks and I think are past due a light change. The thing is I have this stuff called Bud blood from advanced nutrients and I don't really know much about it. I've heard that stuff like this and super bud etc. makes your plant stop upward growth straight away so should change light cycle when they reach the desired height. Does that apply to this stuff or should I just go fer it?

If anyone has any useful advice or feels they can help, would be very grateful.

Now for the pics............

Notice the yellowing tops on the ones to the left and at the top. Plants are between 14" and 16" with a runt at 12".

post-112-1078542373.jpg

Better look at the leaves. Look ok?

post-112-1078542467.jpg

Side on...........

post-112-1078542548.jpg

Better shot of the actual leaf colour, unspoilt by the hps..........

Please let me know what you all think.

BL

post-112-1078542651.jpg

Have you seen any preflowers on em yet, or do you know that they are all female BD???

No idea yet I'm afraid GW. I think I know what to look for but nothing really standing out yet. I'll try taking some close up pics tomorrow.

I decided to put into 12/12 last night as I was getting a bit worried about the length of time vegging. They are big enough aren't they? F**kin' hope so now any way.

What's your overall impression of them GW? Do you think they have the potential to become a nice smoke? Also, any idea why no one else has commented on my plants?

Cheers

BL

Hi BL

Your plants are looking good. :wassnnme: and they are bound to give you a good smoke. Smoking your own weed for the fisrt time is a top experience.

If you start getting a nute deficiency in a hydro set up its normally becuse something is being locked out. So you may want to check the pH of your tank to make sure it is within the recommended range as stated by the manufacturer of the nutes. I've not used your nutes before but i add mine (ionic) at a pH of 5.5 which is at the lower end of the range.

Its difficult to see the discolouration of the leaves that you are worried about, so it cant be that bad. Might be worthwhile flushing your system with pH balanced water and then restarting with a fresh batch of nute solution.

Are you growing the plants in a cupboard or something? Now that you are flowering youve got to make sure that they get 12 hours of COMPLETE darkness. No light getting in at all.

best of luck

Chip :badass:

Nice looking crop there mate. You've got the same system as me pretty much, but I'm interested as to why you've grown 5 plants. I've put 2 into my 205 (My Post), is there really scope for 5 or do you still have to remove the males? What light are you using for veg stage? and I see a digital meter there, is that for temp or feed? Good luck with the crop mate, hope it all works out just lovely :smoke:

plants look fine m8 :smoke: yep fine :blub:

Hi mate

looking awesome so far :smoke: you may be feeding em slightly too much nutes, notice the tips on the leaves are white right at the end, other than that you are in for a bumper harvest ;)

you lucky fella :blub:

mindhunter

Thanks for all the posts guys.

Cheers for the reassurance Chip. I was getting extremely anxious as I've got no experience with this. Clean flush of water, less nutes and the epsom salts somehow did the trick. I've also switched to Canna nutes now on 12/12 as power gro is apparently the Hydroponics equivalent of Gola. The growroom is self constructed using MDF and has a door that shut's real to tight so not to waste the light or spoil the dark. Cheers for your advice.

Thanks for that response Eltony. Love the plants in the pics of your grow, I'll be keeping a keen eye to see how you're getting along. As they're from seed, I've planted 5 in the hope of getting at least a female or two as no doubt a few boys will show. I've just used my 430w Agro throught and it seems to have done ok, I might think of getting a metal halide and keep a mother + veg room when I get the hang of this. That's the digi thermo/hygro in the bottom of the pic. Take no notice of the reading as it had just come off of a little shelf by my light which is very hot. Temps range between min 24c - max 29c hygro min 30% - max 44%, these are ok aren't they? All the best with that grow of yours.

Cheers CATSARSE. Nice avitar, All those times I just thought Mickey had been careless with his mars bar.

Nice one Mindhunter. Using canna aqua flores at 1/2 rate now they're in 12/12. Any idea when I should go to full strength? Bumper harvest would be heaven mate, Got every crossable part of me crossed in hope.

Thanks again for all the responses.

Struggling to get close up pics for help determining sex at the minute. Still don't know myself but hope to get the pics on soon. Plants adapting really well to their new conditions and are looking full of life. I'm praying I don't screw this one up now.

BL