Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BL

Need Advice! First Grow.

80 posts in this topic

Hi all

New to the site and and to growing and seek some advice please.

I have 2xJack herer and 3xWWidow about 2 and a 1/2 weeks old. They've been in my tank for 11 days now, after a few days the leaves dried and yellowed so I gave them 1/4 strength power gro leaf a+b. New growth is looking nice now but the dried leaves haven't recovered, is that ok?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a better food I can give them or anything? Actually any comment from an experienced grower will be extremely helpful.

My thanks in advance.

Ps. How do I add pictures to the post so people can see them?

Cheers

Hello m8

New growth is looking nice now but the dried leaves haven't recovered, is that ok?

:toot: I usually wait until they just drop off by themselves. If you can gently pull them and they come off then fine. If they want to stay at home, just leave them until they're ready...

Does anyone have any recommendations for a better food I can give them or anything?

Better? Dunno, but I use a one part solution called Ionic, comes in grow and bloom formulations, and for hard and soft water. I find it simpler and easier to use. Whether it is better...

Actually any comment from an experienced grower will be extremely helpful

I wouldn't call myself experienced but that was just my tuppence worth.

Hope that helps,

;)

G

Oooops!

Forgot...

Buddy Love Posted on Feb 8 2004, 09:16 PM

Ps. How do I add pictures to the post so people can see them?

The picture that you want to show should be somewhere on your hard drive. When you add a reply to a thread, below the box (and post icons) in which you type your reply there should be a file attachment box. Click on the browse button, locate on your hard drive the said photo, double click, and viola!

;)

G

Thanks G-whizz. Haven't got a clue so any info appreciated.

Been reading a few posts about nutes and Ionic seemed to be the most poular so am going to buy some soon.

Use tapwater with hydrochloric acid to lower ph. Do I need hardwater or softwater?

Hopefully now a pic is attached. Please comment on what you think about it and what I can change to improve. Sorry about the crap quality, will get a new cam when I no longer have to line the local suppliers pockets.

Cheers

BL

post-112-1076279821.jpg

And another. Any way I can post more than one pic at a time?

post-112-1076279936.jpg

Buddy Love Posted on Feb 8 2004, 10:37 PM

Use tapwater with hydrochloric acid to lower ph. Do I need hardwater or softwater?

If your kettle easily scales up then you will have hard water (most of the country has unless you live in Dover ;))

Hopefully now a pic is attached. Please comment on what you think about it and what I can change to improve. Sorry about the crap quality, will get a new cam when I no longer have to line the local suppliers pockets.

;)

The plants look okay for only 2.5 weeks m8, the only improvement that I can suggest is that you may want to cover the tops of the rockwool blocks so that algae doesn't get a chance to form. Apart from that, it all looks good to me, mebbe others will have better ideas lol;)

Anyway, keep us all informed...

:toot:

G

PS I don't know of a way of posting more than one picture at a time. I think most people just use a one liner reply or couple of dots...

Thanks for that mate. There was this white furry shit starting to grow on top but I'll find something to cover it.

How do I keep people updated? Do I just add to this or start new thread each time?

What do you think of this close up pic? Look ok?

post-112-1076292090.jpg

Buddy Love Posted on Feb 9 2004, 02:01 AM

Thanks for that mate. There was this white furry shit starting to grow on top but I'll find something to cover it.

:yinyang:

How do I keep people updated? Do I just add to this or start new thread each time?

Just add to this one will do...

What do you think of this close up pic? Look ok?

:spliff::puke::smug:

Tell me your plants are green in reality...

:headpain:

G

PS. See if you can scrape of that white mould that was forming before you cover your blocks m8...

How-Do B L

Looks like the same kit as i've been using on me 1st and 2nd grows.

NFT205 i think it was. 400w HPS

Had some great results using this with Canna nutes and a bit of cannazym for the dead roots from thinned out males.

It's frustrating with the picture quality as i well know cos they look absolutely beautiful to the naked eye but for some bizarre reason the camera just F*X things up. And your plants look :soap: in the pics. I too could do with an upgrade in the camera department.

Hope all goes well

BILB

:(

Methinks that its summat to do with the sodium in the light...

You might have to adjust them colourwise before you post :soap:

:(

G

NFT205 i think it was. 400w HPS

That's the one becks. Get good yields with yours? I was told it's a good beginner one so hope it can cope with a useless owner. Not doing too bad so far though I think.

And your plants look shit in the pics.

Yes very annoying, they look a lush Welsh valley green to me but in my pictures they look like they've been fuckin tango'd.

You might have to adjust them colourwise before you post

G-whizz, I might try taking a pic tomorrow with the normal light on instead of the hps, I haven't got a clue when it comes to photo enhancing. After one or two joints I find it difficult wiping my own arse.

Cheers for your advice guys. Finding it much more difficult than at first thought it would be. With the amount of problems it causes me and the attention it requires it's like having another woman in the house!! :unsure:

Cheers for your advice guys. Finding it much more difficult than at first thought it would be. With the amount of problems it causes me and the attention it requires it's like having another woman in the house!!:unsure:

You'll love it even more when your GR is full of them ;)

Hmmm, but Mrs Whizz says that I look after the women in the cupboard better than her...

Little does she know that I've got a suprise for her in April when it's Valentines!!!

:guitar:

G

I'd love to see you try and pull that one off GW :smoke:. I shouldn't think come Saturday there'll be anything left in your growroom to look after anymore.

Good luck with mission impossible (Woman=Happy) on Saturday mate.

I'd love to see you try and pull that one off GW lol I shouldn't think come Saturday there'll be anything left in your growroom to look after anymore.

:smoke: yeah too right m8tey!!!

I best behave, TBH a bit chilly outdoor, so its not the right time of the year to be homeless!!!

Peace

G