Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
-=DrGreenThumb=-

Guanoklalong Extract (taste Improver)

33 posts in this topic

I'm just wondering if anyone has used Guanokalong's liquid extract yet?

It's marketed as a taste improver but also adds benificals etc, to be used once a week along side your regular feed!

N: 2%

P: 2%

K: 0.5%

:wink:

Nah used the powder but.

Gr8 stuff for taste enhancing leaves an amazing taste in your weed, not sure if it added weight or not but it was worth it just for the taste it gave my bud

Edited by nu jerzey devil

oh yeah dont use too much or it can make your weed taste to sweet sickly sweet.

I have heard that the liquid can sometimes contain fungus gnats larve in it. same with the powder. I boil up water and and make a tea with my powder so that it kills any larve in the bat shit

does anyone know how/why this stuff works??

i guess it must increase terpene production as its a 'taste improver'

how many of these 'extra' / top up type nutes are actually worth the money , they're often so expensive , and do folks actually do side by side comparison growws to actually assess the difference in taste .

I mean some grows are 'better' than others for me , but my nute regme is the same, but sometimes other fctors affect it . For example this last crop got a (relatively small) thrip infestation , around 3 weeks into 1212 , but has produced the best buds thus far in my hobby, if Id been using any extra products i'd have said it was down to them , but it wasnt . It was all only bb grow and bloom all the way , with occasional pinches of epsoms in the mix.

In fact has anyone else found that a (relatively early) attack by insects , once sorted has led to better quality pot at the end??

peace

geeeeeep

I bought a bottle of it a while ago but had trouble using it, so left it.

The dilution ratios seemed massive (like 10ml/l) or something and for a non-recirc system it was just too expensive to use. I think people use it once a week though (from reading diaries subsequently). Would reconsider using it if I find a good way to use it.

GN

I'm just wondering if anyone has used Guanokalong's liquid extract yet?

It's marketed as a taste improver but also adds benificals etc, to be used once a week along side your regular feed!

N: 2%

P: 2%

K: 0.5%

:wink:

Im using it at the moment on second week of flower using 150ml per 100 litres everything seems fine, will up that to 200ml next week.

I did side by side grows. one with one with out.

I did not notice any gr8 difference in bud production

but the taste was diffrent. anyone who had tried both my types of weed said dont stop using that stuff that gives it the flavour as your other stuff is very bland in comparrison so ever since I have.

I have found if you use it all the way thro flowering your weed is sickly sweet so sweet its hard too smoke.

I only use it for 2-3 weeks after 14days into flowering. I find the taste is just right not to over powering and not too bland just nice :wink:

I use 25g of powder per 20litre of water and water it every second watering time

Nu did you notice any difference in the smell mate?

in smoking smell Yes oh Yes. I am not saying this is some miracle product. but it really does do the job. people smell it when I am smoking it and it pulls them in they always ask where did you buy that from. its so nice smelling its untrue, but do not over feed as it does go sickly sweet.

the smell is so pungent.

in growing: it didnt smell anymore than usual

This actually sounds it might be worth trying .

Is this stuff pricey??

(ps nice info NUj.D.)

cheers

not really about £5 per half kilo powder.

I use it in soil, I have found tho that as the powder is npk 2-15-2 you need to use it alongside other nutes. the grow I did with just bat shit, in the last weeks they started to show very bad signs of phosphurous deff(k), you need to use it along side something that atleast has about 0-0- 6 npK in it minimum better if it was around 0-0-11 npk IME

I have the Vintage bat guano (powder form) so i think i will give this a try next watering,my Killerskunk is currently 11 days into flower but i did mix in with the compost about 10g's of this bat guano on the final pot-up,the final pot size is 35ltr though! :blub:

She currently is on 1.5ml/ltr each of Fishmix and Grow and 1.5ml/ltr of Bio Bloom every 3 days and takes 9.5ltrs until a little run-off.No problems so far and she is very healthy and green.

So my question is,do you think it would be okay if i mix in with the other nutrients on next water 1g/ltr of this vintage bat guano and then give it her every second watering for 2 weeks?

Taking into account it has 10g's already mixed in with the compost but it has been in there 20 days now.

I think when you mix the bat guano with the compost though it is a slow release so i'm not sure if i should give her more yet?

Any feedback on this is much appreciated! :clapping:

I have the Vintage bat guano (powder form) so i think i will give this a try next watering,my Killerskunk is currently 11 days into flower but i did mix in with the compost about 10g's of this bat guano on the final pot-up,the final pot size is 35ltr though! :blub:

She currently is on 1.5ml/ltr each of Fishmix and Grow and 1.5ml/ltr of Bio Bloom every 3 days and takes 9.5ltrs until a little run-off.No problems so far and she is very healthy and green.

So my question is,do you think it would be okay if i mix in with the other nutrients on next water 1g/ltr of this vintage bat guano and then give it her every second watering for 2 weeks?

Taking into account it has 10g's already mixed in with the compost but it has been in there 20 days now.

I think when you mix the bat guano with the compost though it is a slow release so i'm not sure if i should give her more yet?

Any feedback on this is much appreciated! :clapping:

IME putting it in the soil run a higher risk of hot spots in the soil. I followed Soma's recipie for bat teas. I have found no problems mixing diff nutes.

the teas give a more even and direct feed to the plant, look up somas recipies he also explains about it more than I ever could :clapping:

for 35lt I would use 45g bat

not really about £5 per half kilo powder.

................and where can I get bat crap - I think it has excellent prospects - Garden Centre etc and just ask ?

nah affraid not only grow shops or off net