Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
distracted

Kippers: Whats The Best Way To Cook Them?

33 posts in this topic

I've been eating kippers for breakfast this week. Friday I warmed them through in a pan of water, today I grilled them, and for tomorrow I want to try another way.... whats the best way in your opinion to cook them?

Bag, butter, boil :ninja: I recon anyway.

Microwave mate for 2mins

Grill em bud.

2 people like this

If it's pure variety billious you could bake them in a dish with foil over the top - i don't think you can beat a grilled kipper tho

1 person likes this

bake them in the oven for 15min at 190celsius with a knot of good butter, some fresh grinded peppercorns and a slice of lemon on top of each

delicious :ouch:

warmed in a pan of water , poached egg on the top .yum yum

Damn you all - I *love* kippers, and I'm starving Marvin now with nary a whiffy fish in sight to be had... :v:

:smug:

:stoned:

1 person likes this

im a kipper lover got it from my dad and im a firm beleaver in grilling them,yummmmmm

im a kipper lover got it from my dad and im a firm beleaver in grilling them,yummmmmm

Get a jug and put kippers in (must be deep enough) then pour bioling water on and wait 3 mins - yum.

grill lol

Don't forget that after kipperrs, have a spoonful of jam (tea time) or marmalade (breakfast) and they will not haunt you all day!

3 people like this

Thanks for the replies. Stuck on what to try now, :yep:

Don't forget that after kipperrs, have a spoonful of jam (tea time) or marmalade (breakfast) and they will not haunt you all day!

I have never heard that! I thought the haunting was just part of the course.... going to try it though

Thanks for the replies. Stuck on what to try now, lol

I have never heard that! I thought the haunting was just part of the course.... going to try it though

Me too, and I love kippers, thanks Biokid, nice one :yinyang:

Without a doubt grill them. Boiling's only good for those horrible boil in the bag ones IMHO, and they are best avoided altogether, proper kippers they ain't :bag: Hot smoked kippers only need heating not cooking, so grill them (skin side down) for about 6-8 minutes, cold smoked ones grill (skin side down) for about 14 minutes.