Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DANZIG

Bbc Documentary- Skunk & Children

671 posts in this topic

GW Pharmers grow 'skunk', its made into a prescribable medicine now what angle would the bbc take on this

e2 typo

Edited by maryjane

Good point maryjane, I imagine you've already done this Jeff but could you make it clear to them that sativex is made from skunk no1, is around 50% THC and few people who have used it to treat MS have reported deleterious effects, to my knowledge anyway.

Edited by soto

Hopefully this is a good opportunity to actually see some facts and truths regarding cannabis broardcast on the BBC

Be very careful Danzig I applaud your motives but my experience of the press is that they are only interested in their own agenda and will bias whatever you say to fulfill that.

As long as you are aware that you getting into bed with the devil then you should be ok

Good point maryjane, I imagine you've already done this Jeff but could you make it clear to them that sativex is made from skunk no1, is around 50% THC and few people who have used it to treat MS have reported deleterious effects, to my knowledge anyway.

Strictly speaking Sativex isn't made from skunk #1, GW have developed their own strains however it is true that their original breeding crop did contain skunk #1 and I've informed Bruce of this.

Sativex is 51% THC and 49% CBD, GW research indicates that the high level of CBD counteracts the psychotic effects of THC

Hopefully this is a good opportunity to actually see some facts and truths regarding cannabis broardcast on the BBC

Be very careful Danzig I applaud your motives but my experience of the press is that they are only interested in their own agenda and will bias whatever you say to fulfill that.

As long as you are aware that you getting into bed with the devil then you should be ok

I've been misrepresented in the past by the BBC and I'm very wary of getting involved again with them however I feel it is necessary to at least try and bring some balance and factual evidence to this program

My contribution to this (if they actually use it) will all be down to the editing

I've been misrepresented in the past by the BBC and I'm very wary of getting involved again with them however I feel it is necessary to at least try and bring some balance and factual evidence to this program

My contribution to this (if they actually use it) will all be down to the editing

and i can't think of a more appropriate spokesman / editor :spliff:

Hope you manage to get your point heard and actually help to balance this documentry as the likes of DBell are likely to harp on the usual shite lol.

Niceone Danzig...goodluck mate.

ive tried emailing bruce several times now with information of skunk no1 ,also about the acmd report ,gw pharmaceuticals using skunk in its breeding programme ..but the email address listed doesnt seem to be a valid one .

good luck danzig and thank you once again for fighting our corner ....

Hope you manage to get your point heard and actually help to balance this documentry as the likes of DBell are likely to harp on the usual shite lol.

Niceone Danzig...goodluck mate.

lol DBell.....DB.......DeciBel........she aint half loud

Thanks to those who have offered their grow rooms up to be filmed but the BBC management can't (or wont) guarantee that they will not 'assist' the police if asked about a grow filmed in the UK. At least they have been upfront and honest about it

Other things are being discussed and I'll keep you up to date

i kinda scim read through it like i do everything, but as soon as i saw ' looking for families of those who have been affected' its pretty obvious what the program is going to / trying to be.

I'm still in dialogue with Bruce and he's followed up on some of my suggestions

He's asking the police, home office, debra etc to define 'skunk'

He's talking to GW

They're going to Holland to ask the coffeeshops about 'skunk' and he's going to the cannabis college to film some plants

He also says they will look at the dutch model of cannabis coffeeshops and home cultivation which allows cannabis consumers some protection regarding quality and advice

Bruce is also interested in the fact that Holland has a lower use of cannabis amongst teenagers than the UK

I've educated him regarding strains, selective breeding and that there is no such thing as GM cannabis.

As to what ends up in the program or how it comes across I suppose we'll have to wait and see but I understand it will be shown on BBC3

I hope you have managed to get him thinking a bit more Danzig. He does seem like a pretty decent guy but as you say this might not translate into the final edit. Debby will be stuck for an answer I expect but she might manage "It helps people understand cannabis better if you describe it as skunk" - Which is what she said to me lol

Good effort Danzig I just hope it shines through when the program airs.

He's checking his budget to see if he can afford to do the filming in Amsterdam and if he can he wants me in the college pointing at plants and talking about 'skunk'

We'll see

lol

e2a

So far I've sent 20 ish e-mails on the subject and had a dozen or so phone calls with him plus my phone calls to Barney's, Bulldog and the Cannabis college regarding filming. I just hope it's a fair balanced program

Edited by DANZIG

Sounds like a good gig. Perhaps all male members of UK420 who find it difficult to explain to their missus they want to go to Amsterdam could also use this as an excuse.

I'm shit hot at pointing me lol

Edited by MartininLondon

This is the 'cool dude' presenter of the program

24755_8a_Rickie_Haywood-Williams.jpg

He presented the BBC3 documentary, My Weapon is My Dog, exploring in depth the hip-hop and peer- pressure culture that has led to a growth in aggressive dogs