Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joeninety

'leccy Saving Idea

Now the outside temps are a bit cooler, especially at night, I'm having to use the oil filled radiator. What was doing my head in was heating up the air only for it to rise & get extracted straight away. So I thought about extracting the lower cooler air. I have no choice on the fan location as I've nicked the downstairs bog vent to extract. A soil pipe & coupling was a perfect fit for the fan so now I'm extracting air a couple of feet off the floor. God, I'm a fuckin genius :(

Cheers,

Joe.

post-41353-1253198846_thumb.jpg

post-41353-1253198856_thumb.jpg

Or not as the case maybe , your fresh cold air is full of c02 and the hot air that is rising will be more depleted of c02 so really your taking most of the goodness out of the air before your plants use it.

Edited by Owderb

Or not as the case maybe , your fresh cold air is full of c02 and the hot air that is rising will be more depleted of c02 so really your taking most of the goodness out of the air before your plants use it.

:wink:

You have a big room for not that many plants. If you make the room smaller, your light might be enough to heat up the grow area.

Or you could make a one time investment and buy a tent.

Or you can just go ahead and extract the hot air from the oil filled radiator, and use that to heat up your house. Saving electricity on heating your house.

Now it's getting technical. BUT my intake is positioned next to the plants (see pics) so this will help with the Co2 problem?

Cheers,

Joe.

post-41353-1253261730_thumb.jpg

post-41353-1253261740_thumb.jpg

Got a similar problem.iv got a out building grow it's all celotex covered in ply so u would think it's pretty well insulated but got two 6" passive vents. My babbies are on 9-9 then the lights go out.and the colder evening air was bringing the darkness temps down to 10c so put a oil filled heater in and partialy block a vent up the temps are staying around 17 now. Next grow I'll have the lights on at night too level the heat out.I was told too have a oscilating fan on so it mixes the higher warmer air with the lower colder air.might help :yahoo:

You should always be growing and flowering at night, not just for handy for lower temps, but mainly for the ambient CO2 levels, daytime CO2 is way lower than nightime CO2 levels .....plants eat it in the day, expell it at night........in rural areas the difference is more extreme than urban areas.

I will be definately be changing to have the lights on at night.trouble is iv had to have it during the day coz there is a slight noise from the fan which will be changed today.it's thermostaticaly controled so at night it runs so low u can't hear shit and with all the harvesting the contractors are dropping the crops up at night so Hence doing it during the day as they use the other barns to drop off during the day.Nice pic of rossis helmet dude I want the donkey graphics helmet he had last race.9

I will be definately be changing to have the lights on at night.trouble is iv had to have it during the day coz there is a slight noise from the fan which will be changed today.it's thermostaticaly controled so at night it runs so low u can't hear shit and with all the harvesting the contractors are dropping the crops up at night so Hence doing it during the day as they use the other barns to drop off during the day.Nice pic of rossis helmet dude I want the donkey graphics helmet he had last race.9

Cool, I always like to have my fans on 24/7 as I think the sound gets "lost" when it is continuous, whereas the up and down changes with different drones you get when using a prima clima [or whatever you use..] makes for a more noticeable sound IMO. Sticking your fan in an acoustic box really helps, as does the acoustic ducting growshops sell. At the outlet end a friend recently stuffed his 6" duct into a Sony TV box, lined with felt panels used to insulate wood flooring, unbelievably effective, you could walk past, stick your ear up to it and still have trouble hearing it, when it was noticeable 10 feet away before. Centrifugal fans work very well, usually rated for continuous use, I think like pumps, they often work best on all the time, I know of one centrifugal fan that ran for 18 years in a friends loft.....

Rossi's Donkey helmet and then the podium stick on ears was so funny, I still laugh out loud every time I think of it.

F-YOU JL !