Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jibber Jabber

Ionic

Hello all,

Just a quicky on nuits, ive been using Ionic Grow 3mls/Litre throughout Vegative and ive just switched to 12/12, i take it i should be using Bloom now? same dose?

Ive also got some Ionic Bloom, when would be the best time to use that and in what dose, do i use it along side the bloom or instead of it.

Thanks All

:peace: JJ

JJ...I use IONIC, but its says the rate is 7ml per litre....but anyway...yes, now would be a good time to start using bloom nutrients. The reason for this being your plants now need  more potassium and less nitrogen for good flower growth. I would say to mix up your new flower nute mix at half strength and use in conjunction with IONIC Boost (at the rate of 1ml per litre). Assuming you are on an 8 week flower period..use the half strength mix for 4 weeks, switch to a full strength mix for 2 weeks and then flush through with ordinary pH balanced water for the remaining two weeks. Over doing it with the nutes will always impair taste and flavour/bouquet of sacred 'erb.

The Boost is a worthy addition to your nutrient mix though...rich in phosphurus and potassium, it ideally compliments IONIC Bloom.

:guitar:

Does anyone know the NPK values of IONIC Grow and Bloom ?

Thanx peeps

Hi ero

I've often wondered about the NPK of ionic. Seems they want to keep it secret. Kind of takes the fun out of it. The days of going through all the different nutrients on the shelf at B & Q after reading the latest articles in High Times are long gone. Its a shame and it takes away some of the fun i feel. I used to enjoy tinkering with the NPK values in Optimum by playing around with ratio's of pack A to B, and also by adding Phosphate. Ah well.

Chip

PS. So does anyone know what the NPK for ionic is?

No - but I'll see if I can find out....

ah! here we are - they don't tell you in the UK - but the American importers do - I presume it's a sales requirement and they have to give up the formula...

:cool:

IONIC

GROW Formula - N.P.K.  5-2-6

1 Quart dilutes to make 50 gallons of solution

Specifically formulated for the vegetative stages of plant growth

Derived from calcium nitrate, potassium nitrate, phosphoric acid, nitric acid and potassium sulfate

BLOOM Formula - N.P.K. 4-5-8

1 Quart dilutes to make 50 gallons of solution

Specifically formulated for the reproductive stages of plant growth

Derived from calcium nitrate, potassium nitrate, phosphoric acid, nitric acid and potassium sulfate

Thank you gentlemen :oldtoker:

HP, Your Knowledgeableness, the values seem low in comparison to those I have often seen recommended for flowering. I have just gone over to 12/12; will Bloom alone have enough P + K or is it designed to include Boost do you think?

I also have Miracle Gro which is 15-30-15.

What would you recommend for a soil mix of No. 3, Perlite, 2:1, plus  slow release poultry manure containing Nitrogen, Phosphate, Potash, Calcium and Sulphur and a broad spectrum of trace elements ?

P.S. They have already suffered limited Nitrogen burn which I flushed well and stopped.

Your opinion is appreciated!

I think the term 'easy to use' comes into play here. Although meaning many things on the side of a label, easy to use can sometimes mean the solution can be somewhat weak in an attempt to compensate any over-feeding by the grower. Once you get to learn your nute mix, you can experiment with gradually increasing it, keeping a close eye on your plants. I think the NPK value of nutrients isn't as important as the trace nutrients value, as NPK can be easily rectified.

:oldtoker:

Ps..if you use IONIC bloom, do use their boost as well.

1 person likes this

Thanx Puffer, it's beginning to make sense!    :confused:

Cheers bud  :oldtoker:

Soil can be very forgiving fortunately. lol

I'm really enjoying this horticulture lark although somehow I don't think it would have the same appeal if I was growing lupins.  

I spend so much time in the grow tent I'm getting a beautiful tan!

Ambre Solaire is cheap this time of year so I stocked up.

:blush:  :oldtoker:

Hi All,

and Thanks :oldtoker:

Just another little question should i be using the boost in all feeds, Im sure i read somewhere that it sould be used once a week?  ??? , also what is the optimum PH for flowering? is it still 5.5 - 6.0 ?

Thanx again

:peace: JJ

On 28/03/2002 at 10:23 PM, Guest THE PUFFER said:

I think the term 'easy to use' comes into play here. Although meaning many things on the side of a label, easy to use can sometimes mean the solution can be somewhat weak in an attempt to compensate any over-feeding by the grower. Once you get to learn your nute mix, you can experiment with gradually increasing it, keeping a close eye on your plants. I think the NPK value of nutrients isn't as important as the trace nutrients value, as NPK can be easily rectified.

:oldtoker:

Ps..if you use IONIC bloom, do use their boost as well.

could anyone tellme why i shouldnt be using the ionic bloom and boost together. its my first grow and im pretty much ready to buy nutes. i need an easy to use one part solution. i was told the pk boost along with bloom would produce a greater yeild?

1 person likes this

Hello mate...I've just done the 3 grows but all with Ionic grow/bloom.  I didn't use the boost and the results were decent enough, I personally wouldn't bother with the boost but that's just me. 

Cheers

1 person likes this

Alright mate I used ionic for years. Wicked gear , really easy to use.

I think 7 mil sounds about right for max dose up to about 5 I used to go. 

You wont really need the bloom till they have stopped stretching and started making pistils. 

Normally the first 2 weeks of flowering. The first week I would leave the veg nutes. 

Second week id go 3mil of veg and 3 mil of bloom , 3rd week 5 mil of bloom by itself. 

Boost is a pk bud booster, similar to bloom. You normally wanna give that at max budding time which on an 8 week strain is week 4 to 6 . Basically hit the boost for 2 weeks , stop at week 6 then week 7 half bloom to about 2 or 3 mil, 8 week plain water. 

Its good stuff but make sure you taper down and flush well at the end. 

good luck

zz

3 people like this

On 22/05/2018 at 2:37 PM, zztopbudz said:

Alright mate I used ionic for years. Wicked gear , really easy to use.

I think 7 mil sounds about right for max dose up to about 5 I used to go. 

You wont really need the bloom till they have stopped stretching and started making pistils. 

Normally the first 2 weeks of flowering. The first week I would leave the veg nutes. 

Second week id go 3mil of veg and 3 mil of bloom , 3rd week 5 mil of bloom by itself. 

Boost is a pk bud booster, similar to bloom. You normally wanna give that at max budding time which on an 8 week strain is week 4 to 6 . Basically hit the boost for 2 weeks , stop at week 6 then week 7 half bloom to about 2 or 3 mil, 8 week plain water. 

Its good stuff but make sure you taper down and flush well at the end. 

good luck

zz

Hi pal

i use ionic nutes and I am still trying to get the right balance on feeds

i use an autopot system and coco . The plants generally show signs of deficiencies along the way but the end results I am happy with.

What do you start off with when they are seedlings before you move to 3ml per litre, is that correct? What EC do you end up with?

i can never find any grows which lists what EC at which stage they feed and the schedule from growth technology is high EC that it suggests to feed the plants and everyone I speak to says it’s to high and will burn the plants.

i wonder if I should be following the schedule and not what people say as they may be basing what they suggest on other nutes.

@Legalizeme Here's the Ionic nute calculator...works with internet explorer and is very good. https://www.growthtechnology.com/calc/ 

I grow in perlite/vermiculite hempy's. I'm usually at ec 0.8 seedlings then 1.0 - 1.2 during veg and a max of 1.4 for flowering. The ec's include the water background of 0.2 ec. 

I tried higher ec's last time, didn't burn the plants but the final result was a bit harsh, deffo less is more:yep: 

1 person likes this