Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

LargeSalad

The Photography thread

3,303 posts in this topic

Damn!.. these photos are next level lads. Makes me want to go and buy a good camera. @@tokenroll That's my favorite shot on this page. What camera did you use for that? That's an awesome photo. Some high quality stuff going on in here. I'll see if I can get some good ones soon.

@@Blayz'd The Bee shot was taken using a Canon 60D and 100mm macro lens. Landscape shots I use my Nikon D300 and Sigma 10-20mm, Wildlife ie birds etc I use a Sigma 120-300mm 2.8 lens sometimes with a 1.4 or 2x extender to reach 600mm plus.

Having good gear is a bonus but will not make images better if you don't have the eye for it and imagination for post processing, or don't understand your equipment inside out.
​Glad you like the image, I don't post a lot of my work on here for security reasons, ie I try not to publish the same images on here as I do on my website.

Cheers

3 people like this

One from last week, this was the view every morning outside my tent looking up.

gallery_92905_11108_119140.jpg

21 people like this

Michael Reichmann - British Canadian Photographer and Teacher - R.I.P.

Michael passed in May 2016. He was founder of The Luminous Landscape. He taught me almost everything I know about digital photography and was hugely influential to many people.

https://luminous-landscape.com/sad-day-luminous-landscape/?s=Sad+day&utm_source=July+Newsletter+-+2016&utm_campaign=July+2016+Newsletter&utm_medium=email

4 people like this

gallery_58549_8661_264745.jpg

5 people like this

gallery_58455_13341_168350.jpg

Taken about 7 years ago on a trip to Skye, this shows a view from the top of Marsco looking south. A mediocre camera with a good lens (Canon 17-40L on a 400D).

Google Satellite view of the area:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@57.222285,-6.1374692,9331m/data=!3m1!1e3

As that was my first photography thread post, it took me fucking ages to work out how to do the big sized image, and the link to Google Map with Satellite. Thanks to @@Hiphip for posting a long while ago (2015ish) to explain how to insert a large one, without having it shrink all the time....... ;)

6 people like this

Looking back it is a bit overdone IMO, so I will test in a while to see if I can change the gallery image to a less dramatic version, and see if that alters the post above too. I suspect it will, as it was a link...

And thanks for the thumbs ups!

I like those photos where they highlight a colour in the image and make everything else black and white. If anyone is playing can you post up one like that for our viewing pleasure please? :)

1 person likes this

love a bit of photography!

gallery_79793_13343_370071.jpg

1 person likes this

Sun of a Dog

gallery_58455_13341_15555.jpg

Taken during a solo trip to Skye in 2009. This was my first evening and I was in my tiny crofters cottage, getting high, drinking wine and trying to stay awake into the bright night. That night I also saw a Buzzard over my place. What a welcome.

Edited by worzel
8 people like this

gallery_58455_13341_453302.jpg

Taken about 7 years ago on a trip to Skye, this shows a view from the top of Marsco looking south. A mediocre camera with a good lens (Canon 17-40L on a 400D).

Google Satellite view of the area:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@57.222285,-6.1374692,9331m/data=!3m1!1e3

As that was my first photography thread post, it took me fucking ages to work out how to do the big sized image, and the link to Google Map with Satellite. Thanks to @@Hiphip for posting a long while ago (2015ish) to explain how to insert a large one, without having it shrink all the time....... ;)

Oh well, the original very dark and very contrasted failed to update, so here is a 'milder' version ^^

4 people like this

I like those photos where they highlight a colour in the image and make everything else black and white. If anyone is playing can you post up one like that for our viewing pleasure please? :)

I don't have any pre-rolled and I might be able to squeeze one in over the weekend, if I come across one in my library

1 person likes this

Photos adapted using prisma

gallery_99104_13378_12290.jpg

gallery_99104_13378_395387.jpg

gallery_99104_13378_266235.jpg

gallery_99104_13378_41205.jpg

gallery_78730_11241_397420.jpg

3 people like this