Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BBB

Thc Question

Hi all, i didnt know where to put this question, it didnt fit into any of the categories so here goes. I have been reading a lot about increasing thc recently and it seems as though it is beneficial to have a halide during flowering, i'm wondering whether it would be worth switching to a halide for the last 2 weeks of flowering, i know the buds would not be as big as under the sodium but i dont reckon 2 weeks would equate to much yield and if the quality is better then it must be worth it??? im probably going to try it anyway but i was wondering whether anyone else has tried it or has any info, the only thing im worried about is confusing the plant into thinking its vegging again, obviously if i confuse it into making more thc then thats ok!!!! im using a grolux sodium at the moment, in soil with earth juice, and im about 3 weeks from harvest, any suggestions or info welcome, BBB

Hi Bishie, no i didnt see that one ;) , im getting the halide out of the cupboard now!!! i guess like everyone else i assumed that sodium was better because of the high lumen output, thanks for pointing me to the thread lots of very informative stuff, all the best, BBB

Does this mean you need a Sodium lamp and a Metal Halide lamp to get decent potency? Would it be better to replace my 600W sodium with a 600W Halide?

Confused! :yep:

Halide for potency, sodium for yield.....

Ideal 2:1 HPS:MH

Or you could go for a mixed spectrum.

Even then, its not gonna recreate the full spectrum of equatorial sun.

Then you've got UVB at higher altitudes for even greater potency.

And the time of day you harvest.

Cleared things up?

Thought not :yep:

Have a read of this article.

Wilbur

Edited by Wilbur Nutsack

Thanks Wilbur, thats helped a lot.

Will probably invest in a Metal Halide after my first harvest is complete.

Im hoping to get something farily decent with just my 600W Sodium to start with!

Heres Hoping!

Halide for potency, sodium for yield.....

Ideal 2:1 HPS:MH

Do you mean that during flowering you run 2 weeks HPS, swap bulb for 1 week MH, swap bulb for 2 weeks HPS, 1 week MH, 2 wee.... or am I being really thick?

:headpain:

use a 600w hps and a 400/mh and yall be sorted :headpain:

There are a couple of drawbacks to halides at least the ones i run, may not be the same for everyone, firstly they run hotter than sodiums so have to be further away from the plants probably 6 inches or so, secondly the lumens output compared to a sodium is about 20% down, i reckon this makes an overall light loss of about 30%, unless the spectrum of the halide makes up for this 30% is quite a lot. I was going to try it in the last 2 weeks to try and keep the yield respectable, if i had the room i would of course have 2 or 3 lights but for people with one main flowering room i reckon the 2 weeks is a good idea, ill let you know how my #1 gets on in there thats usually a good tester cos ive been doing it for ages and i will notice the difference if there is any, BBB